Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    Jacksonville offense is terrible.
    The Patriots defense would disagree.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    Oh and Garett Bolles is horrible
    He had two bad holding penalties. Until this game he improved a lot. He regressed in this game with the two penalties but that doesn’t make him horrible.

Leave a comment:

• BR0NCOFANATIC
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Regardless, they're still not a true contender in the AFC because of their defense. When they run into a Jacksonville type team who can shut down their O and they can't make any stops on D they'll be done.
    Jacksonville offense is terrible.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by rockymtncrush View Post
    Looking at our secondary play, I'll be shocked if Mahomes doesn't put at least 400 on us. As bad as their defense is I can't see us covering anybody on that team.

Regardless, they're still not a true contender in the AFC because of their defense. When they run into a Jacksonville type team who can shut down their O and they can't make any stops on D they'll be done.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Freestyle View Post
    Every scheme has weaknesses that shows with the wrong personnel. It's funny that where Wade goes, especially in the modern era, his teams contend.

Really? By modern era do you mean just Denver and the Rams? Phillips is very good at taking a good roster and putting them in position to be great. He's poor at taking a less talented roster and making them good.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    I'd also skip right over the other stats if you didn't have an argument for it too. They won in the playoffs against a QB that has seen everything.
    I'm not disputing 2015 in any single way. That defense was 100% elite, the talent level was unreal and Phillips did a great job with a loaded roster. I'm talking about the year after, when the personnel wasn't nearly as deep or good, and the run defense was awful. Hence the game against the Patriots, the Patriots just ran the ball and killed the clock, because of Denver's deficiencies.

So you're trying to throw shade on me by making straw man arguments.

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    Both things can be true at the same time:

1. Wade's 2015 Defence was outstanding.
    2. Wade's 2015 defensive scheme only works with the right personnel, failing which it's very weak against the run.
    Every scheme has weaknesses that shows with the wrong personnel. It's funny that where Wade goes, especially in the modern era, his teams contend.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Both things can be true at the same time:

1. Wade's 2015 Defence was outstanding.
    2. Wade's 2015 defensive scheme only works with the right personnel, failing which it's very weak against the run.

Leave a comment:

• Endaround
    replied
    19 game sample size here

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This game is on the OL way more than Keenum
    Disagree. The penalties by Bolles were bad but Keenum had time on a lot of plays. When the QB gets 5-6 seconds or longer and can’t find an open receiver, that’s either on Keenum or the receivers not uncovering.

Leave a comment:

• rockymtncrush
    replied
    Nope. Jacksonville is. KC has an awful defense and they will quickly have issues once their O fails to generate 38 points per game. They're your classic 1 and done playoff team.
    Looking at our secondary play, I'll be shocked if Mahomes doesn't put at least 400 on us. As bad as their defense is I can't see us covering anybody on that team.

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    His scheme is broken, there's a reason his defense have trouble covering TEs and RBs every year. It's not unique to this team, it's a problem because of the scheme. They've taken the Sam backer (who normally covers the TE) and fully committed him to stopping the run. That's why the scheme is broken. When you can get to the QB quickly and they can't exploit that, the scheme works, but as soon as you stop getting pressure, the scheme shows it's flaws.
    It's so weird that the Rams are contending.

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    The overrated Phillips? The guy who was unemployable in the NFL until Denver gave him another chance, then he took a loaded D roster and became a mastermind.
    Yeah, it's so weird that the fate of the coordinator is tied with the head coach. Those Texans defenses were so broken apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Isnt KC the best team in the AFC?
    Nope. Jacksonville is. KC has an awful defense and they will quickly have issues once their O fails to generate 38 points per game. They're your classic 1 and done playoff team.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    I also think fielding Superbowl contending teams is bad and broken.

His scheme is broken, there's a reason his defense have trouble covering TEs and RBs every year. It's not unique to this team, it's a problem because of the scheme. They've taken the Sam backer (who normally covers the TE) and fully committed him to stopping the run. That's why the scheme is broken. When you can get to the QB quickly and they can't exploit that, the scheme works, but as soon as you stop getting pressure, the scheme shows it's flaws.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X