This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    1. The INT last Sunday in Baltimore was in crunch time. If Keenum was “actually very good” he would have hit DT for the winning TD tonight.

2. Go back and watch the replay of tonight’s INT. Heuerman was waiting on the ball and Murray was beat by 3-4 steps. Keenum simply doesn’t have the arm strength. Part of that was on Heuerman but the pass gave Murray the time to be in the play.

https://youtu.be/DOdR1hP1Bao

3. INTs in every game is not inflating anything. Six over four games is a problem.
    1. 2 for 3 in GW drives, and darn near had another tonight, that's very good. Baltimore had a lot bigger issues that INT.

2. That was a very well thrown ball, allowing the TE to use his size, and didnt force him to make a spectacular catch going OB. He got not one, but both hands on the ball.

3. Not realizing that half of his INTs is from one game in a small sample size is...
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      You aren't. This team hit it's ceiling tonight, and lost.
      I do not believe this was the ceiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
        Sure the goal should be to replace every average player with a great player. Just today's blame is again going on case for the missed throw at the end, and being called a terrible game and he should be benched. That is far from the case.
        This defense he faced tonight is by far going to be one of the easiest ones he'll see, and it wasn't even on the road. This was the defense where you shouldn't make mistakes like that to win the game. The throw to DT in double coverage that ended in a FG for the last points for us comes to mind - throw to Lindsay and it's a first down in the red. It's fair to say that he's also missing open receivers and hasn't progressed through his reads in the situations he needs to. Next week the Jets will be sporting a tougher defense, and then after that, the Rams.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• I wish people would stop blaming the refs for this loss. You were up by 10 in the 4th, you let them drive 75 and 60 yards on two consecutive drives, allow them to go 4/4 on third downs, get them to 3rd and 16 AND 2nd and 30 AND still let them pick up the 1st, you have Mahomes tackled for a loss but instead let him pull some Brett Favre-like left handed shot put to pick up a first, let him go 16-20 with his passes on his final two drives, we miss a wide open game winning touchdown pass, you go 3 and out on your last possession, get outgained 135 yards to 0 in the 4th quarter and despite all that if you hold them to a FG on just one of those two drives, youre driving for a game-winning FG instead of a TD at the end of the game.

Bottom line is KC made the plays when they had to, and we didn't make ANY plays in the 4th quarter. And now we get to wake to Sportscenter talking about the Boy Wonder if whatever the hell nickname they're calling Mahomes now and how great he is.

Comment

• Gotta love this thread:

"Keenum won 2 games, you guys should be happy with that"

How anybody is still sticking up for him at point is beyond me. There was one comment that said: "at least he's better than Lynch". Awesome, $18 million for slightly better than Lynch

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
              I am fine with this loss......

We played really hard.

If Keenum had connected with DT on that last throw- we would have one that game.

Very close.
              Wow... you're "fine" with this loss, eh? I dunno what to say to that.

Comment

• And to be clear, this game loss isn't on Keenum. We didn't sign him to be a 4th quarter hero, we signed him to be a game manager while the run game does it's thing. At a certain point he is what he is, an improved Siemian.

The bigger blame goes to the defense that allowed a 2nd and 30 to be converted, and then the following 35 yard conversion. Those are horrendous play calls by Woods who is proving again that he isn't up to snuff.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

This defense he faced tonight is by far going to be one of the easiest ones he'll see, and it wasn't even on the road. This was the defense where you shouldn't make mistakes like that to win the game. The throw to DT in double coverage that ended in a FG for the last points for us comes to mind - throw to Lindsay and it's a first down in the red. It's fair to say that he's also missing open receivers and hasn't progressed through his reads in the situations he needs to. Next week the Jets will be sporting a tougher defense, and then after that, the Rams.
                  Sure he missed that play, it happens to absolutely every QB in the league. There is a difference between missing reads, and trying to force something. Today STs was probably the difference in the game, it's a 3 phase game, and we were pretty even in the other 2, but they were better than us on STs. There is your difference.

Comment

And to be clear, this game loss isn't on Keenum. We didn't sign him to be a 4th quarter hero, we signed him to be a game manager while the run game does it's thing. At a certain point he is what he is, an improved Siemian.

The bigger blame goes to the defense that allowed a 2nd and 30 to be converted, and then the following 35 yard conversion. Those are horrendous play calls by Woods who is proving again that he isn't up to snuff.
                    100% this!
                    sigpic
                    ******** Adopt a Bronco 2019 | #70 Ja'wuan James :thumb: ********
                    ***** Adopt a Bronco 2017-18 | #72 Garett Bolles *****

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormtrooper53 View Post
                      I wish people would stop blaming the refs for this loss. You were up by 10 in the 4th, you let them drive 75 and 60 yards on two consecutive drives, allow them to go 4/4 on third downs, get them to 3rd and 16 AND 2nd and 30 AND still let them pick up the 1st, you have Mahomes tackled for a loss but instead let him pull some Brett Favre-like left handed shot put to pick up a first, let him go 16-20 with his passes on his final two drives, we miss a wide open game winning touchdown pass, you go 3 and out on your last possession, get outgained 135 yards to 0 in the 4th quarter and despite all that if you hold them to a FG on just one of those two drives, youre driving for a game-winning FG instead of a TD at the end of the game.

Bottom line is KC made the plays when they had to, and we didn't make ANY plays in the 4th quarter. And now we get to wake to Sportscenter talking about the Boy Wonder if whatever the hell nickname they're calling Mahomes now and how great he is.
                      As much as I despise the refs this year for their game altering calls/no-calls... I agree. The team deserves to wake up to another day of being on the other side of some great play. They contine to let themselves and their fans down. Can only imagine how empty the seats are going to be when they get eliminated from the playoffs for the third year in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                        Gotta love this thread:

How anybody is still sticking up for him at point is beyond me. There was one comment that said: "at least he's better than Lynch". Awesome, $18 million for slightly better than Lynch
                        I mean his salary cap hit is sandwiched right between Tyrod and Foles. What exactly were you expecting for 18m?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          Gotta love this thread:

I can only speak for myself, but I think he is who he’s always been up to this point. I’d flip your comment though - Gotta love this thread “We list a game, blow the whole thing up and start over!” (General sky-is-falling reactions ensue)

Looking at this roster we weren’t going to run the table, especially with this coaching staff
                          sigpic
                          ******** Adopt a Bronco 2019 | #70 Ja'wuan James :thumb: ********
                          ***** Adopt a Bronco 2017-18 | #72 Garett Bolles *****

Comment

And to be clear, this game loss isn't on Keenum. We didn't sign him to be a 4th quarter hero, we signed him to be a game manager while the run game does it's thing. At a certain point he is what he is, an improved Siemian.

I'm not sure where the disconnect between Woods and his DBs is, but that is a major area of concern.

Comment

• Actually they should blow it up. They believed they were still a very good football team but ignored the obvious. Defense has been in decline since the SB year, including Von Miller. Losing guys like Ware, Talib, TJ Ward will do that to a defense. Offense has been awful since Payton's last year, which is the offensive line. Further TE play and slot receiver have been weaknesses. They have better weapons this year but the line can't pass block. Keenum is a backup QB. The defense is middle of the road. The mistake was thinking they just needed Keenum to restore glory but too many botched drafts. This year they did well but they shouldn't have given Keenum that sort of money.

Does anyone think this team is more than 8-8?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormtrooper53 View Post
                                I wish people would stop blaming the refs for this loss. You were up by 10 in the 4th, you let them drive 75 and 60 yards on two consecutive drives, allow them to go 4/4 on third downs, get them to 3rd and 16 AND 2nd and 30 AND still let them pick up the 1st, you have Mahomes tackled for a loss but instead let him pull some Brett Favre-like left handed shot put to pick up a first, let him go 16-20 with his passes on his final two drives, we miss a wide open game winning touchdown pass, you go 3 and out on your last possession, get outgained 135 yards to 0 in the 4th quarter and despite all that if you hold them to a FG on just one of those two drives, youre driving for a game-winning FG instead of a TD at the end of the game.

Yeah, the Broncos have some problems and that KC QB is the man!

Comment

Working...
                                X