Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread: 2018: Week 4 Chiefs Vs Broncos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    1. 2 for 3 in GW drives, and darn near had another tonight, that's very good. Baltimore had a lot bigger issues that INT.

    2. That was a very well thrown ball, allowing the TE to use his size, and didnt force him to make a spectacular catch going OB. He got not one, but both hands on the ball.

    3. Not realizing that half of his INTs is from one game in a small sample size is...
    No matter how you want to defend six INTs, he has an issue with turnovers. I acknowledged Heuerman played a role however, the pass was slow getting there.

    Keenum and the Broncos have two wins against two bad teams. You should be able to come back against bad teams. The three INTs against the Seahawks put him in the position where coming back was the only option.

    Until he proves otherwise he’s playing like a backup. Backups have occasional flashes just like Keenum.

    I hope he can improve but talk on a board doesn’t make him better than he is.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      No matter how you want to defend six INTs, he has an issue with turnovers. I acknowledged Heuerman played a role however, the pass was slow getting there.

      Keenum and the Broncos have two wins against two bad teams. You should be able to come back against bad teams. The three INTs against the Seahawks put him in the position where coming back was the only option.

      Until he proves otherwise he’s playing like a backup. Backups have occasional flashes just like Keenum.

      I hope he can improve but talk on a board doesn’t make him better than he is.
      Just like talk on a board doesnt make him worse than he is. Goes both ways
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

      Comment


      • Comment


        • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          And to be clear, this game loss isn't on Keenum. We didn't sign him to be a 4th quarter hero, we signed him to be a game manager while the run game does it's thing. At a certain point he is what he is, an improved Siemian.

          The bigger blame goes to the defense that allowed a 2nd and 30 to be converted, and then the following 35 yard conversion. Those are horrendous play calls by Woods who is proving again that he isn't up to snuff.
          It's on Keenum and the offense too. We went 3&out without gaining a yard against the 32nd ranked D after they scored their first 4Q TD.

          Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

          Comment


          • this is what we get for signing a career back up middle of the road crap

            Comment


            • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              Just like talk on a board doesnt make him worse than he is. Goes both ways
              It’s not talk that makes him worse than he is as a starter. Case is the 25th ranked QB for passing yards and has 3 TDs (enough said on INTs). He’s not playing well and it’s a fact.

              I would love for him to play better and with greater consistency.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                It’s not talk that makes him worse than he is as a starter. Case is the 25th ranked QB for passing yards and has 3 TDs (enough said on INTs). He’s not playing well and it’s a fact.

                I would love for him to play better and with greater consistency.
                He has played well enough to win, and won 2 games with clutch drives, and nearly had a 3rd. That's what 18m a year gets you, and honestly its baked chicken. Nothing special, but gets the job done most of the time.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

                Comment


                • Well everyone. Tough loss and we’ll regroup for next game. On the east coast so time to get some rest. Chins up...a loss isn’t the end of the world.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    He has played well enough to win, and won 2 games with clutch drives, and nearly had a 3rd. That's what 18m a year gets you, and honestly its baked chicken. Nothing special, but gets the job done most of the time.
                    We’ll regroup for next game. Have a good night

                    Comment


                    • What's more concerning isn't how our defense broke down in the second half - aside from some really dumb plays they payed fairly well against a good offense and a QB who is smart and v talented.

                      The problem is the offense playing against the last ranked defense and unable to dictate the game when they needed to, having a great running game but getting cute with and going away from what works.

                      A very poor showing and what may be a harbinger of things to come if they can't figure things out.

                      It was a good game though and I love seeing the run game work again.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Agreed here

                        Comment


                        • You have two rookie running backs running wild for most of the game and they barely get looks in the fourth quarter. There is simply no excuse for that. All VJ did was run a sweep for Lindsay and then brought Keenum back out of the gun. Play calling was atrocious throughout, even Witten was calling it out on both sides of the ball. Bizarre and frustrating ending to what was a promising game.

                          Everyone and their mother knew VJ had to go but instead they swapped out everything and refused to cut off the snake's head. I disagree with some posters, this team has talent and can be a winning squad but the coaching is abysmal. It is the worst I have seen in the post-Shanahan era.

                          Comment


                          • We have the worst coach/QB combo in the league. Sometimes one can overcome the other, but when they're both bad you're not winning many games.

                            Comment


                            • we better win at the jets or will be 2-4 because I see no way we beating the rams

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                                What's more concerning isn't how our defense broke down in the second half - aside from some really dumb plays they payed fairly well against a good offense and a QB who is smart and v talented.

                                The problem is the offense playing against the last ranked defense and unable to dictate the game when they needed to, having a great running game but getting cute with and going away from what works.

                                A very poor showing and what may be a harbinger of things to come if they can't figure things out.

                                It was a good game though and I love seeing the run game work again.
                                Agreed. It was a good, first 45 minutes or so, and I was suitably entertained. I thought there was a good chance we'd get really behind early so I'm thankful it wasn't a complete and embarrassing blowout on primetime.

                                Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X