Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whether DT was coasting or not doesn’t matter, if he was running full speed maybe that S gets over the top quicker to take it away. But DT was wide open regardless, there was no reason to throw the ball high at all. He would have walked in if that pass was on the money.

And DT had a huge conversion in the game and made some contested catches. The receivers we have are good, the protection, QB, and play calling are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      why do you think this?
      "it doesn't really matter why or how. What matters is....incomplete…"

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
        "it doesn't really matter why or how. What matters is....incomplete…"
        so you have no basis for suggesting Bolles should move to RT or have any desire to discuss an issue worth debating and would rather just make snide comments. I see.

At least this point has a rational point to be debated. Why a pass was incomplete does not. That point is all guess work on if DT was/was not running full speed, could have run faster, pass over thrown etc... that's just looking for someone to blame for an incomplete pass, which is why I said it doesn't really matter why.
        sigpic

Comment

• I'll go on record that Keenum is having an issue with his accuracy, probably playing scared maybe because he may have got a taste of how critical Broncos Country can be or just scare of losing his opportunity of being this team's starter. I think another issue for Case is that it takes him longer to process the field and might be causing his to get sacked. I think when Kelly finally gets his chance he'll be better in accuracy and escaping the pocket but may have issues in other areas.
          Last edited by haciendadad; 10-04-2018, 08:15 PM.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Had Keenum hit DT in stride, The Broncos beat the powerful KC team, and we go 3 and 1. It was really that close. Sure, Keenum failed to complete the pass, but here's the bigger picture in my mind....few were giving us a chance on Monday Night, and for a good part of the game, we were the better team. And this Mahomes is seemingly the real deal...as are many of his O weapons.

So folks, if we win that game, are we talking a whole loot different, because if we are I see that as a bit unfair. Maybe credit should go partly to where it should go...to KC, their apparent star QB, and the fact they are ranked close to the top as we speak.

Listen, I am not keen on "Keen"um. I was actually in The Cousins camp, even though the cost was steep and the player is not in a handful of the best in the game. But I wanted that deal so we could move on and pick other key players not called quarterback. Hard to say if that would be the better play, or hard to know what would have happened had we chosen one of the young QBs in the draft. All in all, I think Keenum is what he has been, a good backup with starter capability on the right team. But he is not a star type. Not his fault. And he did have an excellent season with The Vikes.

But lets think about this for a minute.....Mahomes was challenged throughout the game. Heck, that left handed pass, with Miller all over his throwing side, was simply amazing. Few could pull it off. And remember, this guy's reactions are ultra mature for a player his age. And one can not help but be optimistic about our newfound run game....utilizing two good rookies, who bring different looks to the table. Freeman made some crazy good runs, seemingly stopped on several rushes, only to fight his way forward for extra yards. And Lindsay is overachieving each week, given his undrafted status, with some talents that most drafted backs would like to have. These two men are so complementary, and with so many years ahead! This is what I describe as great drafting!

I won't talk about DT (it's been done), but Sanders is still a gamer, and Sutton is the future.

As for our D....not quite back to SB days, but pretty solid. Again, measure them to other teams KC has played, and you get a sense that we are not too bad at this point. From the get go, I have wondered if our Dbacks were going to make the grade, and it is something to watch as the year progresses. I think our front 7 are fine...also, give Chubb some time, because if he goes into another gear, the value add will be significant to the effectiveness of the unit.

Hey, this is a MB. Folks have a right to talk openly about the team, even if it is negative or quite critical. I too am critical at times. And sure, 2 straight losses is not what we want to be talking about. And yes, maybe we have a decent QB, but not a top tier one at that. And maybe our HC is still struggling. But geez, had DT walked that baby in, this would have been a very different board this week.

Here's to open debate.:thumb:
            Another one of your trade mark great posts Can

Most of the passing plays I have seen looks like we struggle to make a successful passing play. It does not surprise me we missed on what some may consider a easy play...since we struggle on what seems almost every pass play. Everyone points at the QB because that is easy but during the season there has been offensive problems all up and down the roster when passing the ball.

At the same time we look VERY good running the ball. All the RBs and Fb looks good. The OL is making good plays all over the field in the run game. The TEs and WRs look good in the run game for the most part but that is probably our weakest link in the run game.

As a team we are 3rd in the NFL in rush yards per game offensively. This even tho we are 13th in rushing attempts per game. It is not big chunks either...we are 14th in 20+ rush plays. We are just consistently running the ball very good. We are 2nd in yards per attempt

Point being here? We came out the 2nd half in shotgun with a pass. Multiple times during the game when we had the lead we were not taking advantage of our strong running game. Before we lost the lead at the end of the game and were forced to pass....up until that point....we passed twice as many times as we ran the ball when sacks were factored in.

The coaching on this team is bad man. I know some people thought Musgrave was good but with 25% of the NFL season gone it has become clear to me Musgrave is not aware of what his offensive players are good at. He is trying to call plays and run game plans that do not factor in what we are good at and what we are bad at.

VJ...I have seen absolutely nothing to think this guy is worthy of a NFL head coaching spot in 20 regular season games. In fact just the opposite.

The coaching is the biggest weakness of this team and right now it is holding us back from being a contender. Even if we had some of the missing pieces for coaching staff to run the style of football they want to run I am not sure if our coaching staff has the ability to play the chess game that will be required to compete with other elite level coaching staffs in the playoffs and key games in the regular season.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Running the football, having a stout defense and a reliable kicker, all translate to potential success in January football. Denver will be a tough out if we can qualify... just be 1/6 to earn an invite.

I think, like NE most years, our defense will be even better come DEC... the offense will be much-improved. We just need to take all 3 games remaining vs SD and OAK... do that and we should control our destiny still.

Psychologically, DEN in a must-win Sunday. VJ has to prove he can stop the bleeding and win on the road.

Comment

• I get where you are coming from. I chalked this game up as a brutal 59-14 style loss, so in theory, I should be happy that we nearly won it. I think the problem isn't that we lost, most of us had a feeling that would likely happen. The issue is just the way we lost and it's not even just the DT play.

We were up 10 points, all we needed to do was run the ball and control the clock. Coaching staff laughs in the face of logic and starts throwing instead (when asked after, Vj's response was "you score points throwing the ball, we needed to score points")

I absolutely get what you are saying that we were one play away from 3-1 and we're on paper in a better spot than it seems, but we're also a handful of plays away from 0-4. Now I know, that sounds super pessimistic and you are right, it is, but I guess with this coaching staff and the ineptness they show (like they did vs the chiefs on several occasions) This feels no different than 2017. I'm legitimately worried that this is the start of our 2018 slide and it was about this point last year things went south too.

I'm honestly worried we get beat by the jets this week. This is what should be a sure win (just like the Bills game was last year) and if there is one thing I've seen with this coaching staff. We look completely unprepared on weeks where it's a sure win. As if they are focusing on the next week instead of the game right in front of them.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong, but things have a real 2017 vibe to them so far. Start out good, and then nosedive until years end. I hope you are right to be positive, but in the words of Han Solo "I got a bad feeling about this"
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I get where you are coming from. I chalked this game up as a brutal 59-14 style loss, so in theory, I should be happy that we nearly won it. I think the problem isn't that we lost, most of us had a feeling that would likely happen. The issue is just the way we lost and it's not even just the DT play.

We were up 10 points, all we needed to do was run the ball and control the clock. Coaching staff laughs in the face of logic and starts throwing instead (when asked after, Vj's response was "you score points throwing the ball, we needed to score points")

I absolutely get what you are saying that we were one play away from 3-1 and we're on paper in a better spot than it seems, but we're also a handful of plays away from 0-4. Now I know, that sounds super pessimistic and you are right, it is, but I guess with this coaching staff and the ineptness they show (like they did vs the chiefs on several occasions) This feels no different than 2017. I'm legitimately worried that this is the start of our 2018 slide and it was about this point last year things went south too.

I'm honestly worried we get beat by the jets this week. This is what should be a sure win (just like the Bills game was last year) and if there is one thing I've seen with this coaching staff. We look completely unprepared on weeks where it's a sure win. As if they are focusing on the next week instead of the game right in front of them.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong, but things have a real 2017 vibe to them so far. Start out good, and then nosedive until years end. I hope you are right to be positive, but in the words of Han Solo "I got a bad feeling about this"
                  Honestly, most games in the NFL come down to a play here or there so the record of most teams could be a lot different than what they are. We could easily be 4-0 and just as easily be 0-4. But on the whole, I like how the team is playing and I do see improvement.

As for as your bad feeling about this, I'm hoping you're wrong too. In fact, I'm gonna make a bold prediction (I was one that said beforehand that we could beat the Chiefs). I predict we beat the Jets (that's not the bold part) and then beat the Rams at home. Although Goff is playing at a high level, he's not nearly as mobile as Mahomes. If our defense plays anywhere near the level they did Monday night, we will have a few sacks. Plus, Goff won't be extending plays the way Mahomes did, which should help the secondary with coverage and shouldn't tire our guys out.

Comment

• I hope you are right, beating the Rams would make things feel a lot better right now
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
                      Honestly, most games in the NFL come down to a play here or there so the record of most teams could be a lot different than what they are. We could easily be 4-0 and just as easily be 0-4. But on the whole, I like how the team is playing and I do see improvement.

As for as your bad feeling about this, I'm hoping you're wrong too. In fact, I'm gonna make a bold prediction (I was one that said beforehand that we could beat the Chiefs). I predict we beat the Jets (that's not the bold part) and then beat the Rams at home. Although Goff is playing at a high level, he's not nearly as mobile as Mahomes. If our defense plays anywhere near the level they did Monday night, we will have a few sacks. Plus, Goff won't be extending plays the way Mahomes did, which should help the secondary with coverage and shouldn't tire our guys out.
                      I predicted a Broncos win on the belief the offense could score more than 31 points against the worst defense (and limit Mahomes to 24). The Rams have a top 10 defense and the #1 offense. Goff is not Mahomes but it’s not as if he can’t get out of the pocket or scramble for yards. We’ll see how the offense plays against the Jets as they have a decent defense. If Keenum can’t get it done against the Jets I have no reason to believe he’ll be better agains the Rams.

Comment

• If he hits DT and Denver wins 85% of the Mahomes talk would've died down, people would've been talking like "well Mahomes did bring the Chiefs back but Denver had him throttled 2/3's of the game" which they did. And if they would've called a delay of game penalty when the clock was clearly at zero would've pushed them back further on 3rd down and maybe they don't convert although the way we played them on that 3rd and 20 was a joke! And I'd also like to see the play where Mahomes looked like he might have been over the line of scrimmage when he completed a pass, but of course they quickly skipped over all that.

But yes, even if they did win there still are many head scratching things from the coaching staff that probably would've been exposed down the line. 10 point lead and the play calling goes wacky, run the freaking ball until they prove that they can stop it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Narco View Post
                          Moral victories are for losers.
                          Can you expand on that? And what are your thoughts on winning when you play a poor game? Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            the reasons we lost are simple....KC is a better team with better coaching.
                            Yes and no. There is a reason why we had a 10 point lead. A good portion of that was due to how the team was coached and how we prepared. We need to account for that in our critique. I am coming back to the same points we've made with several coaches now. We did not make adjustments. When we did make adjustments we seemingly made them at the wrong times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              I predicted a Broncos win on the belief the offense could score more than 31 points against the worst defense (and limit Mahomes to 24). The Rams have a top 10 defense and the #1 offense. Goff is not Mahomes but it’s not as if he can’t get out of the pocket or scramble for yards. We’ll see how the offense plays against the Jets as they have a decent defense. If Keenum can’t get it done against the Jets I have no reason to believe he’ll be better agains the Rams.
                              Yeah, that's a given. If Case hits DT on the wide open play at the end, we would have scored 30. Which is right at your 31 points. Obviously if Case doesn't play any better we're not gonna win many games, and that's not on the coaches. Like I said, I've seen improvement overall and the hope is that Case improves. If he doesn't, everything I predicted goes out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                He already couldn't get it done against the chiefs (whose passing D is AWFUL) if he can't get it done against the Jets, that's fairly damning in my eyes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X