X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    We should have won that one, which speaks to how strong our running game and run defense is, but individual failures from QB, secondary, HC, DC, and OC all dragged this team down to a loss. We are seeing now that we can beat bad teams but will lose to the good ones. I expect we'll win next week, but lose to the Rams. Likely go 8-8 at best.
    would you like to revisit that?.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    That's the thing. I understand why you want to look for positives as something to build on but we are in triage mode right now - time to identify exactly what is wrong to save the patient.

At this point something, someone has to be cut for the benefit of the team -> VJ
    I thought the Jets would be a tough win because some of their issues were related to turnovers. Never did I think it would be a beat down.

As far as positives the only one I can takeaway from this game is that it might put the wheels in motion to make changes.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    All the positives can’t mask the fact the Broncos are a very bad football team. It’s blatantly obvious watching the Jets thrash our defense.
    That's the thing. I understand why you want to look for positives as something to build on but we are in triage mode right now - time to identify exactly what is wrong to save the patient.

At this point something, someone has to be cut for the benefit of the team -> VJ

Leave a comment:

• Endaround
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    All the positives can’t mask the fact the Broncos are a very bad football team. It’s blatantly obvious watching the Jets thrash our defense.
    they had their way with both sides of the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 18Broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
    Well I understood your point from the start. But even if you hadn't mentioned DT in the title, since the play still involved him, I'm sure the discussion would have still ended up in the same place.
    I, too, had understood CanDB's OP, and had appreciated all the logical posts from some other posters as well - such as yours right now.

Leave a comment:

• cirehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    OK....

to those who wonder why I mention DT in the title, but do not want to make this thread about him......I could have just called the title "If The Broncos Score On That Final Drive", which is essentially what I meant. It's just that he was wide open for a potential winning TD. I was being more specific but all the while, saying the same thing.

I appreciate the good things we are doing. I did not expect us to be contenders one year after picking 4th overall. And the 4 and 0 KC was probably quite relieved to leave her with the win.
    Well I understood your point from the start. But even if you hadn't mentioned DT in the title, since the play still involved him, I'm sure the discussion would have still ended up in the same place.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    OK....

to those who wonder why I mention DT in the title, but do not want to make this thread about him......I could have just called the title "If The Broncos Score On That Final Drive", which is essentially what I meant. It's just that he was wide open for a potential winning TD. I was being more specific but all the while, saying the same thing.

I appreciate the good things we are doing. I did not expect us to be contenders one year after picking 4th overall. And the 4 and 0 KC was probably quite relieved to leave her with the win.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-06-2018, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    What I don't like is that fans seem to forget that DT won game 1 against SEA. Without that catch, DEN's at best 1-3
    Though I have some concerns about DT these days, and appreciate what you are saying in his defence, I too have little idea how he fits into this thread unless he changed his path on his route (which would be on him for sure), given he was wide open. Assuming he ran the correct route, I am going to assume his job was done as requested. The only way I get him into this debate is if he did confuse Keenum on that play.

Otherwise I will also assume the TD was still in play. Leading me back to my main point.....we were in this game all the way, which opposed a multitude of beliefs that we were getting blown out.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-06-2018, 09:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    What I don't like is that fans seem to forget that DT won game 1 against SEA. Without that catch, DEN's at best 1-3

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by dipablo View Post
    but what if it owes me money?
    Take him to miracle max
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-05-2018, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
    DT made big plays in that game, and caught a huge TD in the Raiders win. I know it's fashionable here to bag on DT, and you can guess about whether he would have caught it or not. But what we know is that Case made a bad throw and DT didn't have a chance to catch it.
    When there's negativity around here, it usually means that someone/some people need to get fired/traded/released. It's a thirst or craving that seems to settle in, and takes lots to relieve. A good but kind of sad example....the year we won the SB (with Manning at the helm), there were plenty of folks who were unhappy during the year, and some seemed almost disappointed that we won it all, which in my mind was more about who they wanted at the helm than how we finished our winning season.

I say work with what's working, and be appreciative if we are going in the right direction. If we regress....sure, make changes. Even if we don't regress, changes can happen and should, if there's substance behind the ineffectiveness or lack of leadership. But I repeat, we drafted 4th...and that's a pretty deep hole. I like what I see in some areas. Not all. Long term I think we need a different QB, and may might need a coaching change or two. And we will always want to upgrade where necessary.

But my challenge with this thread.....is winning or losing a close game the difference between praise or criticism? I say there should be a blend of views. If we go on a long losing streak, then sure, the criticism may deserve to override. But heck, we were supposed to get kicked, and we certainly did not get kicked.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-05-2018, 08:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cirehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Before scoring, DT would have to not drop that pass. That's a hurdle worth considering.
    DT made big plays in that game, and caught a huge TD in the Raiders win. I know it's fashionable here to bag on DT, and you can guess about whether he would have caught it or not. But what we know is that Case made a bad throw and DT didn't have a chance to catch it.

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied
    Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    A dead horse is not worth beating. We lost.
    but what if it owes me money?

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Before scoring, DT would have to not drop that pass. That's a hurdle worth considering.
    then every one would be bashing DT not CK. it is so negitive around here now days. if we can get back on to good drafts and drafts like this year. then we will be fine. we need a talent reload on this team. expecially in the O-line. lets stop trying to fix it with late round picks and actually invest some draft capital in it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X