Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Vs. 49ers Preseason Week 3 Game Night Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's why I really struggle with getting excited this year. It's a team that looks good on the surface, but just is missing something special. It's preseason, as was posted earlier, preseason is a liar and all....but I'm just not feeling like this is a competitive team in 2019.
    Same here. This is the first time I’ve seen our team and was excited going into the season.

    But like you said, while it’s preseason, the team feels blah. Wasn’t impressed with Lock at all either. That’s just me. Can’t seem to run the ball either. Scary.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

    Comment


    • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      We have no depth at d or o. .... this team is just terrible when the starters go out,,, everyone’s backups are far better than ours,
      Depth is subjective though. During a regular season game, unless something goes really really wrong, you're never going to have mass substitutions. You're not going to have 5 backup o-linemen coming in together, instead you'll get 1 backup between starters. Same thing on D, you're not going to have all backup DBs, you're going to have a backup coming in to play with starters.

      Depth from player 54 to 90 on the roster really doesn't matter. It's about the 45th player being able to come in and not be bad playing with good players.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JW7 View Post
        The overreactions in these preseason threads continue to crack me up. Bolles has had a good preseason and people are ready to move on from him based on two drives.

        Not sure if anyone has noticed but finding an average tackle is this league is hard.
        He had a lot more than 2 drives last season....
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          on the other hand Drew's injury to his thumb could be serious. Hopefully it's nothing major
          If it was on the other hand it would be no big deal since it's his non-throwing hand.... Buh dum tisss.


          A broken thumb isn't huge. It happens to QB's all the time and it's nothing major to overcome.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
            Bolles should be a RT instead
            disagree. maybe OG.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Sure am glad our punter is getting some meaningfully snaps.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                If it was on the other hand it would be no big deal since it's his non-throwing hand.... Buh dum tisss.


                A broken thumb isn't huge. It happens to QB's all the time and it's nothing major to overcome.
                ha, saw that coming. Hopefully it heals quick if it is the case and doesn't set him back too far in his development
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  Depth is subjective though. During a regular season game, unless something goes really really wrong, you're never going to have mass substitutions. You're not going to have 5 backup o-linemen coming in together, instead you'll get 1 backup between starters. Same thing on D, you're not going to have all backup DBs, you're going to have a backup coming in to play with starters.

                  Depth from player 54 to 90 on the roster really doesn't matter. It's about the 45th player being able to come in and not be bad playing with good players.
                  This is a fair point. The one place you struggle when you have no depth though is special teams as a lot of those players are depth. I feel like that's one area we're feeling it so far this offseason.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    If it was on the other hand it would be no big deal since it's his non-throwing hand.... Buh dum tisss.


                    A broken thumb isn't huge. It happens to QB's all the time and it's nothing major to overcome.
                    The timeline is big. There's no chance they release Hogan now. And if it's not an 8+ week injury where Lock might go on IR, then it seems very unlikely they'll keep Rypien since no team would use 4 roster spots on QBs.

                    Comment


                    • Who is wearing 45 on defense?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        He's sitting on the bench eating sunflower seeds. It can't be that bad or you'd think they'd be doing tests, making him ice it etc.
                        Probably fine but our TEs are cursed.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                          ha, saw that coming. Hopefully it heals quick if it is the case and doesn't set him back too far in his development
                          He's got good work ethic. If he does have a broken thumb, he'll work hard to learn in other ways. Chances are he isn't starting this season anyway, his real growth won't be something we'll see until the 2020 offseason.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Another missed hold on the 9ers right there

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
                              Ryan Ramzcyk was available when we drafted Bolles.
                              ding ding ding...winner!!
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                This is a fair point. The one place you struggle when you have no depth though is special teams as a lot of those players are depth. I feel like that's one area we're feeling it so far this offseason.

                                I'm a Special Teams coach, so it kills me watching the team struggle on Teams. According to McMahon they're constantly rolling through players on Specials so it's always different giving guys the chance to make plays. I'll trust him there, but I am worried about it. Hopefully players 23-53 are enough depth to improve them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X