Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos @ Los Angeles Rams 2019 Preseason Week 4 Game Night Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    At least the Broncos are leading at half time. STs looked better, I was interested in Jamal Carter's play at ILB; I think he did OK at best. Looking like Alexander Johnson will be a backup there? Who else though? I think that is probably the position that has the most ? all the other "rooms" seem pretty well set... wait, not PR but that is something that can be ironed out in the regular season ... IMO
    Overall the defense still looks good, even the 2nd team against the 2nd/3rd team.
    The few plays Rypien played actually looked better than Hogan but that doesn't mean much. I want to see more Rypien in the 2nd half.
    I think Josh Watson will end up ahead of Johnson. Unfortunately I don’t think Carter makes it at ILB, even in coverage which should be a strength he just kind of looks lost. Not sure if he had PS eligibility or not but that’d be ideal for him to relearn the LB position while adding weight.

    Edit: I think that it’d be a good idea to give players an extra season of PS eligibility for position switches, but make it like a one time thing

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      I think Josh Watson will end up ahead of Johnson. Unfortunately I don’t think Carter makes it at ILB, even in coverage which should be a strength he just kind of looks lost. Not sure if he had PS eligibility or not but that’d be ideal for him to relearn the LB position while adding weight.

      Edit: I think that it’d be a good idea to give players an extra season of PS eligibility for position switches, but make it like a one time thing
      Because of injury his first 2 seasons I think he would be eiligible for the PS, not sure though. That might be a good option for him and the Broncos.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #78
        Bad pass. Totally missed the linebacker. Still, he goes through his reads much better than Hogan.

        Comment


        • #79
          Can I take a mulligan on my comment that Rypien looked comfortable? 👀

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            Bad pass. Totally missed the linebacker. Still, he goes through his reads much better than Hogan.
            I agree. Denver would be in trouble if either Hogan or Rypien needed to take over the starting role, but Rypien at least looks like he has a chance to become a more reliable player. Hogan is just uninspiring and unimpressive.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
              I agree. Denver would be in trouble if either Hogan or Rypien needed to take over the starting role, but Rypien at least looks like he has a chance to become a more reliable player. Hogan is just uninspiring and unimpressive.
              I'd argue that Rypien could be better but still very raw.

              Comment


              • #82
                They reported early in this game that the Broncos asked the Niners if they'd be willing to trade one of their back up QBs. I would have loved to have had mullins, although it might make things tough for Lock ......... and muddy the waters in general
                Red 98

                Kareem rises to the top

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
                  I agree. Denver would be in trouble if either Hogan or Rypien needed to take over the starting role, but Rypien at least looks like he has a chance to become a more reliable player. Hogan is just uninspiring and unimpressive.
                  Agreed. Rypien has some upside.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    That move would make Siemian proud.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Aston stone cold crushed his man on that play. Nice job bud.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                        They reported early in this game that the Broncos asked the Niners if they'd be willing to trade one of their back up QBs. I would have loved to have had mullins, although it might make things tough for Lock ......... and muddy the waters in general
                        I say Fake News, the Broncos don't need a QB of their caliber, they already have that. And they don't really need to trade? somebody or a draft pick for UDFAs
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Yeah, I think there needs to be a new search for a backup QB until Lock is healthy. Don't like the idea of either Hogan or Rypien as #2 based on the look of things tonight.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                            I say Fake News, the Broncos don't need a QB of their caliber, they already have that. And they don't really need to trade? somebody or a draft pick for UDFAs
                            I wouldn’t be surprised if they had interest in Mullins and Beathard. Both would be much better options as backups.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Dre’Mont Jones gets pushed around badly. Whew.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                I wouldn’t be surprised if they had interest in Mullins and Beathard. Both would be much better options as backups.
                                They might be, but it has a cost and we are talking backups, I find it hard to believe they are looking at backups with Lock's "sprained thumb". I certainly could be wrong though.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X