X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rst08tierney
    replied
    I watched baseball instead of this snoozer after the 1st and watching baseballs boring!

Leave a comment:

• Endaround
    replied
    wow....Rypein looked despicable. I say give him another chance,.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    If Winfree hadn’t earned a spot before tonight, I’m guessing he did with the hit on punt coverage. Not to mention he likely hauls in a TD if Flacco out there.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    I didn't watch a second of tonight's game, won't watch the highlights or anything else, frankly it's a waste of time. It would be nice to try and find individual performances, but too difficult to sit through bad preseason football.

My thoughts, based on stats and the first 3 games I saw:
    -If Lock isn't ready to go in week 1 the Broncos backup hasn't been signed yet.
    -The Broncos keep talking about returners and no one stepping up yet, which makes me think he week 1 returner hasn't been signed, or isn't not he roster yet.
    -I'm not as worried about ILB because Fangio is known for scheming so they don't have to cover man to man much.
    -I feel like the final 5 spots, plus waiver claims will be based on heavy input from Tom McMahon. He knows what he needs and what he's got and what he doesn't. I'm think some of the specials holes will be filled by guys on the roster who have yet to play any teams action (D. Watson, Simmons, Cravens) but I think they still need 1 or 2 more. If Cody Latimer were to be cut I'd try to sign him immediately.
    -The Broncos have a big hole at punter. Whether you kick it far or short, the biggest need is hang time, Wadman doesn't seem to get much of it. A 55 yard punt with 0 hang time will end up in a 15-20 yard return. A 40 yard punt with lots of hang time will result in a fair catch and a 40 yard net. Find a punter with lots of hang time.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    He's also had a problem with accuracy and getting the ball out faster. Hoping he improves quickly because we need a backup QB badly
    Perfect, than they'll be able to sneak him to the Practice Squad. Rypien will never see a rep this year. He'll either be an inactive third QB for most of the season or he'll be on the PS, he'll never be the backup. The only question is whether Lock will be ready to be the backup by week 1? If not we may see Osweiler part 3 for another short stretch.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    I have to say -- despite our offensive showing in the preseason, we really have seen VERY little of the first unit.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    So Brett Rypien is supposed to be our big secret we're trying to stash to the PS? I would rather have Sloter at this point. Rypien doesn't have it
    Sloter...

The legend lives!

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Agreed. I hope they don't IR Lock because we won't see him back until week 8 then.
    It’s a tough predicament.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Best case Lock is ready by the 3rd game. More realistic he’ll be ready by the 4th or 5th game. Hogan/Rypien are just about guaranteed losses if they have to play.
    Agreed. I hope they don't IR Lock because we won't see him back until week 8 then.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Hm our backups are well...mediocre at best. We need to stay healthy and often. Hopefully we can pick up some talent let go by other teams because we need them.
    The Rams backups were mediocre and their team made it to the Super Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    He's also had a problem with accuracy and getting the ball out faster. Hoping he improves quickly because we need a backup QB badly
    Best case Lock is ready by the 3rd game. More realistic he’ll be ready by the 4th or 5th game. Hogan/Rypien are just about guaranteed losses if they have to play.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Cnon View Post
    With 48 seconds left in the 4th, the Rams lead 10-6...We couldn't even score a touchdown, just two field goals.
    Eh it was our backups. Our defensive depth looks better and we didn't give up as much on special teams.

Leave a comment:

• Cnon
    replied
    With 48 seconds left in the 4th, the Rams lead 10-6...We couldn't even score a touchdown, just two field goals.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    He hasn’t had a lot of reps in camp and that’s a Motley Crue on the field.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    So Brett Rypien is supposed to be our big secret we're trying to stash to the PS? I would rather have Sloter at this point. Rypien doesn't have it
    He hasn’t had a lot of reps in camp and that’s a Motley Crue on the field.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X