This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    VJ was not a good coach. He was a bad coach on a bad team. Very similar to our current situation.
    At this point Elway owes an apology to us. He has made a mess of this organization.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      At this point Elway owes an apology to us. He has made a mess of this organization.
      Nailed it....

Say what you want about new coaches, players, staff, taking time to pick up new schemes and “gel”, etc... 31 other teams figure it out each year, and we’re headed into our 4th year of the bottom 1/2. You the man Elway, you da man... 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by BigSkyBronco View Post
        Nailed it....

Say what you want about new coaches, players, staff, taking time to pick up new schemes and “gel”, etc... 31 other teams figure it out each year, and we’re headed into our 4th year of the bottom 1/2. You the man Elway, you da man... 🙄
        Thanks. I'll say that we won't even be in the bottome half, we are headed straight for the very bottom, as in picking 1st or 2nd overall.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

VJ was not a good coach. He was a bad coach on a bad team. Very similar to our current situation.
          Huh? If you acknowledge the team was bad, how can we say if the coach was bad or not? We were competitive in all the early games except for the Jets (that was a BAD loss). We almost beat the Chiefs TWICE and the only reason we didn't beat them is because they had Mahommes and we had Case Keenum. We went on a 3 game winning streak to pull even (6-6) and there was some optimism. But Sanders went down and that pretty much ended the season. Countless times last year comments were made that we were a talented team that was failing because of VJ's coaching. This year we have many of the same core players and we are worse. Maybe VJ did a better coaching job than he is given credit for.

All that said, I will give Coach Fangio the same benefit of the doubt I was willing to give VJ. Things look bad right now, but I can't say if he's a good coach or not after 3 games. Probably won't even know by the end of the year. Hopefully he can get things turned around. More than that, I'm hoping Drew Lock will turn out to be really good. Because in today's NFL, a good to great QB equals a good coach while a mediocre to bad QB equals a bad coach. It's really that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
            Huh? If you acknowledge the team was bad, how can we say if the coach was bad or not? We were competitive in all the early games except for the Jets (that was a BAD loss). We almost beat the Chiefs TWICE and the only reason we didn't beat them is because they had Mahommes and we had Case Keenum. We went on a 3 game winning streak to pull even (6-6) and there was some optimism. But Sanders went down and that pretty much ended the season. Countless times last year comments were made that we were a talented team that was failing because of VJ's coaching. This year we have many of the same core players and we are worse. Maybe VJ did a better coaching job than he is given credit for.

All that said, I will give Coach Fangio the same benefit of the doubt I was willing to give VJ. Things look bad right now, but I can't say if he's a good coach or not after 3 games. Probably won't even know by the end of the year. Hopefully he can get things turned around. More than that, I'm hoping Drew Lock will turn out to be really good. Because in today's NFL, a good to great QB equals a good coach while a mediocre to bad QB equals a bad coach. It's really that simple.
            Right. I keep forgetting that it’s all about QB and nothing else. Whatever. This is a bad team. It’s been getting worse every year. Elway has made a slew of poor moves in both coaching and personnel.
            sigpic

Comment

Right. I keep forgetting that it’s all about QB and nothing else. Whatever. This is a bad team. It’s been getting worse every year. Elway has made a slew of poor moves in both coaching and personnel.
              Where did I say nothing else matters besides the QB? What I said is that in today's NFL with all the rules geared to favor the offense, if you don't have a good to great QB you are not going to win consistently. We won our last SB with sub-par QB play, but it took a historically great defensive effort to accomplish that. Look at all the teams that are doing well right now. Patriots, Chiefs, Rams, Cowboys, Packers, Ravens, Bills, and 49'ers. What do they all have in common?

Comment

• [QUOTE=cirehawk;5833440]Where did I say nothing else matters besides the QB? What I said is that in today's NFL with all the rules geared to favor the offense, if you don't have a good to great QB you are not going to win consistently. We won our last SB with sub-par QB play, but it took a historically great defensive effort to accomplish that. Look at all the teams that are doing well right now. Patriots, Chiefs, Rams, Cowboys, Packers, Ravens, Bills, and 49'ers. What do they all have in common

“Good QB = good coach. Bad QB = bad coach. It’s that simple”

I know exactly what all those teams have in common. They have better rosters, better coaching and better GMs than we do right now.
                sigpic

Comment

• [QUOTE=RocketArm006;5833444]
                  Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
                  Where did I say nothing else matters besides the QB? What I said is that in today's NFL with all the rules geared to favor the offense, if you don't have a good to great QB you are not going to win consistently. We won our last SB with sub-par QB play, but it took a historically great defensive effort to accomplish that. Look at all the teams that are doing well right now. Patriots, Chiefs, Rams, Cowboys, Packers, Ravens, Bills, and 49'ers. What do they all have in common

“Good QB = good coach. Bad QB = bad coach. It’s that simple”

I know exactly what all those teams have in common. They have better rosters, better coaching and better GMs than we do right now.
                  I'll agree with you on the GM. And they have a better roster because they have found their QB. I'm pretty sure that if we had Patrick Mahommes on our team and all the other pieces were the same, we'd be a much better team right now.

Comment

• I'll agree with you on the GM. And they have a better roster because they have found their QB. I'm pretty sure that if we had Patrick Mahommes on our team and all the other pieces were the same, we'd be a much better team right now.[/QUOTE]

Of course a world beater QB helps out a lot of things. I don’t deny that at all. Problem is this team has problems at QB, oline, TE, dline, CB. I get that an all pro QB would make for an Instantly better team, but this team is definitely further than just a QB away. We also don’t have a GM capable of identifying a QB and has failed to build a decent oline while allowing a great defense to deteriorate. Oh, and he also has brought in inexperienced coaching staffs. Elway has driven this team into the ground.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Yes every catch made even a 2 point conversion catch counts for his total stats.

Yes it counts as one of his catches OTE=lvbronx;5832170]They just showed a stat that Sanders had 11 catches last week. Does anyone know if that includes his 2 pointer?[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Sutton

[Sutton should be included on your list the two SMU wideouts play with heart and talent.QUOTE=TheAsianPA;5832489]Lindsay is the most talented player we have aside from Sanders on offense. Risner is a keeper as well. Only pick in the class showing up so far.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• The fact that our defensive minded head coach can’t get any pressure with 2 of the best pass rushers in the game is very concerning. I think we play too vanilla of a defense and we are badly missing a penetrating force at DT and an ILB who is competent. Davis and Jewel are embarrassing themselves out there.

Comment

• I wish we would just blitz every play and try to make something happen. I would rather see is get burnt 5 times a game than let teams dink and dunk down the field every drive. I HATE the bend but don’t break defense, absolutely despise it. Really wish we would have hired an offensive guy as head coach and Chuck Pagano as DC. We are stuck with this mess now. So glad I didn’t waste money on Sunday Ticket this year, it’s almost unbearable to watch. Elway needs help in the front office, his decisions not only in players but also staffs have set us back big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              Are ya’ll sure you don’t want to apologize to Vance Joseph?
                              Yeah, I'm sure. I haven't been impressed with Fangio so far but I'm willing to give him more than 3 games before I start calling him a failure as a head coach. I think that's only fair.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                                Yeah, I'm sure. I haven't been impressed with Fangio so far but I'm willing to give him more than 3 games before I start calling him a failure as a head coach. I think that's only fair.
                                Agree he needs more than 3 games. It's not as if Fangio's scheme doesn't work. It kept Rodgers to at or around just 50% completions and not all that many yards for most of the game. In his mind it probably did work.
                                Also Scangarello's offence worked much better yesterday than in the first two games. We had around 100 yards rushing and moved the ball efficiently down the field on a number of occasions.

The trouble is we're just making too many mistakes, and in Fangio's system it is very difficult to recover from mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X