• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dizzolve
    replied
    Anthony Lynn: 'Sorry for watching that damn game'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...that-damn-game
    Kevin Patra story at nfl.com
    The Los Angeles Chargers faced a winless Denver Broncos team at home Sunday and laid an egg.

The Chargers' offense didn't score a touchdown, as Anthony Lynn's squad fell to 2-3 with a 20-13 defeat.

"Sorry for watching that damn game. We play like that we won't beat anybody," Lynn said, via the L.A. Times. "That team came here more desperate for a win ... It was disappointing."

The Chargers didn't match the Broncos' intensity, who despite coming into L.A. with an 0-4 record had played each of their first four tilts close. This was not an ordinary winless, craptastic team.

"We knew they were going to come out desperate," safety Rayshawn Jenkins said. "That's what we were saying the whole time. 'Just don't get caught in this trap. Just play our ball.' And then we didn't do that."

The offense, which got back Melvin Gordon turned the ball over three times, including twice inside the Broncos 2-yard-line. L.A. generated just 246 total yards of offense (211 passing, 35 rushing), 157.8 yards fewer than they'd averaged the first four weeks of the season (403.8). Sunday marked just the ninth time in 224 career starts for Philip Rivers -- including the playoffs -- the offense didn't score a TD, per The Times.

The division loss pushed the Chargers to third in the AFC West, behind Kansas City (4-1) and Oakland (3-2).

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    The defense played very well. Gave up only 35yds on the ground, 211yds in the air and gave up NO TDs. It was even better considering the "starters" that were out. Not sure why, but Gotsis was inactive, from the looks of things maybe it was his play against the run? Purcell played well in his place, Walker and Dremont Jones played pretty well being rotated in too. Bausby seems to be worthy of starting at CB but then he was hurt - sounds like he will be OK - and Yiadom came in, didn't do well and Devontae Harris came in and did OK?? I was thinking that Kareem Jackson could fill in at CB and bring Parks in at S since Kareem is listed as a CB? Alexander Johnson I assume played in place of Jewell because Jewell was hurt? Looks like he should be considered replacing Jewell as the starter? We'll see. Disappointed in STs play, needs to get better there.
    Offense played well in the 1st half but seemed to lose their rhythm in the 2nd half.

Great WIN!

Leave a comment:

• Kangaroo
    replied
    Hey Guys, I am overseas and don't have GamePass this year, but did catch this one on local TV...

I didn't catch any Rich Scangarello shots today (game was shown after the Ravens-steelers game so I missed the 14 points scored in the first quarter).

Just curious, I know Scangarello has said coaching from the box is "easier", but is that where he's coaching from?

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by BigSkyBroncos View Post
    What is the group’s opinion on AJ Johnson at LB? The guy was making some plays today, including that big pick in the end zone. Can he be a part of our future Defense or was this type of game his ceiling?
    If that’s his ceiling then he’s probably the best inside backer since Trevathan.

Leave a comment:

• BigSkyBroncos
    replied
    What is the group’s opinion on AJ Johnson at LB? The guy was making some plays today, including that big pick in the end zone. Can he be a part of our future Defense or was this type of game his ceiling?

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Maybe we’ll find out if they’re a 3-2 team pretending to be 1-4 or if this was just a rare case of the blind squirrel finding a nut.

Leave a comment:

• Cnon
    replied
    Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    The comeback starts now, we are better than our record
    Go Broncos!

Leave a comment:

• Cnon
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    A win feels good. Hopefully this is where we get things rolling and see what’s actually working. Great defense all game. Let’s enjoy this Broncos Country!
    I didn't get to see the game, but a good win and go Broncos!
    Last edited by Cnon; 10-06-2019, 09:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    I believe Leary is taking over for Bolles
    Leary had a key pull block on the 3rd and long which sprung Lindsay for a 12 yard gain to get us into field goal range to secure our first win of the season. Also, every single chunk running play from Lindsay, and the running touchdown for Lindsay, came behind Leary and Wilkerson. We are not a very good pass blocking team overall, but Leary is doing well in at least one aspect of the game, unlike Bolles.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Thank God....until Leary gets injured again by halftime.... I like Leary, dude can't stay healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Bolles had a poor game overall. Plays posted in “72 can’t play” here:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...41#post5839241

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    From what i have read it was an ugly win. But, it's a win none-the-less! Thank you Jesus!

Leave a comment:

• ManhattanBronco
    replied
    I agree with this - Leary is slowly becoming the weak point. Bolles had a good game. We should acknowledge that considering the amount of heat he’s caught around here lately.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yep....absolutely ZERO reason to dog on the defense. They played hard and strong, other than Yiadom....The Bolles of the defense....

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    The defense held the Chargers offense to 6 points on the road, with 3 of those coming from a desperation field goal.
    Yep....absolutely ZERO reason to dog on the defense. They played hard and strong, other than Yiadom....The Bolles of the defense....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X