X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    17 points is not going to beat the chiefs... Doesn't matter how good the defense is, they won't hold mahomes to less than 20. The offense HAS to step up their game. Period. You can blame whoever you want to for why the offense is playing sub par, I'm sick of arguing with some of you about it, but the bottom line is, 17 points isn't enough to sustainably win football games and we need to get over that hump.
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The only chance this offense has against KC is by opening up the play book, running some play action, and burn up the clock keeping Kermit off the field.

However I don’t have very much faith in Scangarello being able to do this. Hopefully he proves me wrong butbits doubtful!
    Agreed. Mahomes is a baller and he isn't just gonna relax and go with the flow. He is going to come out guns blazin. Scangarello better bring his A game and this offense had best step it up.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    17 points is not going to beat the chiefs... Doesn't matter how good the defense is, they won't hold mahomes to less than 20. The offense HAS to step up their game. Period. You can blame whoever you want to for why the offense is playing sub par, I'm sick of arguing with some of you about it, but the bottom line is, 17 points isn't enough to sustainably win football games and we need to get over that hump.
    No argument from me, I totally agree with you.

We're going to have to take a few risks. I know every game from here is important but this one is vital. If we succeed, we have a legitimate shot at winning the division.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    I think getting James back should help the offense. If he can win his assignments, then we can cover for Bolles, and open up some more down field route combinations. We've seen what adding a few guys like AJ and Purcell can do to the defense, maybe James can be that for the offense.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    The only chance this offense has against KC is by opening up the play book, running some play action, and burn up the clock keeping Kermit off the field.

However I don’t have very much faith in Scangarello being able to do this. Hopefully he proves me wrong butbits doubtful!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-14-2019, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
    imo the only way we win Thursday is if the offense had a time machine and good back 5-6 years bring on peyton DT decker welker n Julius...because we are going to need at least 24 points probably more like 30

I know KC has not looked that good past 2 weeks but we don't have the colts OL or a Watson at QB
    Maybe the team just show up and plays hard like they've been doing.

Three weeks ago the Broncos had been left for dead, I guess somebody forgot to tell them.

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    imo the only way we win Thursday is if the offense had a time machine and good back 5-6 years bring on peyton DT decker welker n Julius...because we are going to need at least 24 points probably more like 30

I know KC has not looked that good past 2 weeks but we don't have the colts OL or a Watson at QB

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    I'm a believer of Fangio's defenses. He needed to find the right players, which took longer than what I would have liked, but he's found them now. Alexander Johnson is a complete gem, as well as Purcell. Our pass rush is improving drastically with Gotsis out and Walker/Shelby Harris in. It's really allowing new and rookie corners like Duke Dawson and Devontae Harris to learn their positions and have a lot of pressure taken off of them. With our pass rush Yiadom might not even look as bad.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Quality win = beating a measuring stick team aka a team that is .500 or better, a winning team. That is how you can measure your own team and their chances.
    Every game is a measurement of the team's desire to win.

Titans are a tough defense allowing 15 points per game average. We won by the way...

Leave a comment:

• Amy-Selic
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Quality win? A win is a win. KC has a great QB so did Miami back when Marino was their QB ... how many SB wins for Marino? Still the Broncos are only 2-4 but have a game coming up to show what they may be capable of ... without the "lightyear" beyond QB. Will it actually matter then? I wish the Broncos had a QB like Mahomes and a defense like ... the Broncos; that might be SB potential, at this point the Chiefs don't seem to have the defense to win, or even make it to the SB. Still relative early in the season though, the Chefs might be able to patch it up ... but not this Thursday?

Quality win = beating a measuring stick team aka a team that is .500 or better, a winning team. That is how you can measure your own team and their chances.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Would be a quality win, but their QB is lightyears beyond ours
    Quality win? A win is a win. KC has a great QB so did Miami back when Marino was their QB ... how many SB wins for Marino? Still the Broncos are only 2-4 but have a game coming up to show what they may be capable of ... without the "lightyear" beyond QB. Will it actually matter then? I wish the Broncos had a QB like Mahomes and a defense like ... the Broncos; that might be SB potential, at this point the Chiefs don't seem to have the defense to win, or even make it to the SB. Still relative early in the season though, the Chefs might be able to patch it up ... but not this Thursday?

Leave a comment:

• Cnon
    replied
    I didn't see the game, but I agree, awesome win today!

Go Broncos!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoRider89
    replied
    Didn't see all of the game but what I did see it was a great showing by our dominant D! Awesome win today Broncos Country!

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Only 39yds rushing today, only 35yds last week ... I'd say the defense is stepping up overall!

Leave a comment:

• Amy-Selic
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    If we were lucky enough to beat the Chiefs on Thursday, we would be one game out of first place.
    Would be a quality win, but their QB is lightyears beyond ours

Leave a comment:

Working...
X