X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2020: Week 1 Titans vs Broncos

Hello Broncomaniacs!

Welcome to the season we thought might not happen. A lot has changed on the world since last season. Everywhere there seems to be news of the world wide pandemic and a rise to stop the racial injustices in the world. Both rightly so. People need to social distance themselves at a time where we need to come together. Hopefully we figure out how to do both. One of the ways we can come together is foot ball. Our Football. Broncos football.

I was nervous we wouldn't have a season, I don't know what kind of season it will be or how long it will last. But I am going to soak up every second of it that I can. I've missed the Broncos, even with the last few seasons we have had. Hope springs eternal. Von may be down, Sutton is hurting, but we have a game to play. We had what I feel was a very good draft. We got some wide receiver help we needed.

We will see how well they do this week as we welcome the TITANS to Mile High. The titans who bumbled the beginning of last season, turned to a rejected Dolphins QB, caught fire and made it the the AFC championship game. The Broncos like wise stumbled. Flacco was who we thought he was. Our back up plan didn't quite work out, but the end of the season showed promise with Drew Lock Buzz Lightyearing us to four wins in our final 5 games. Giving us hope for this year. :thumb:

So it is game 1. We had won seven straight opening day games until last year, where we lost to the Raiders to start the season. Hopefully with a year under his belt Vic is more ready this time out. With no preseason, I don't expect it to be crisp, but the Defense should be ahead of the offense, and this D needs to be on point to stop the run. The loss of miller will hurt us, but Vic is a defensive guru, he needs to be ready for healthy doses of Derrick Henry. Henry has rushed for 164 years over his last four games. He is a beast. Tannehill will not be the driving force behind the Titans offense, but he is efficient in his role. Last season he had 22 TDs and 6 Ints.

I am anxious to see how the Denver offense operates. Vic Beasley has been ruled out of the game, so that should be a help to our O-line protection. Still have questions about them and Bolles, but hopefully there is improvement. I want to see Fant continue to improve. McManus got paid so that leg of his better be in top form. I'm excited for Jeudy and Hamler to be out there. We should see improvement in Lock, he has a good arm, I want the decision making to be there. Most of all I want this offense to be run dominant. We have Freeman, Lindsey and Gordon. We should be pounding and pounding. The play calling last year was atrocious, and that is being kind to it. Our D is gonna ball, but if we want to go anywhere this offense has to improve.

Looking forward to Monday night, the Titans are a good start to see how we measure up. I know we shut them out last year, they know and remember that as well. They were a playoff team and we can't rely on what happened last year. I have no doubt this team is focused, but can they perform as a group together with no preseason to help get them in true game form.

We'll find out soon enough. As always a big thank you to the Mods for allowing me to continue to do this all these years. Also a reminder that there is a Code of Conduct we need to follow. Please be mindful of what you post. Emotions can run high here. If you see something, say something, don't make it worse. Thank you for being here. We hope you enjoy the game and the Denver starts the year with a "W"
    As always GO BRONCOS!!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Football !

Go Broncos!

Thanks, Elway! Good to see you.
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Go Broncos!! This is just what was needed!!

Comment

Let's go Broncos!

Comment

Have fun, win the game....then keep repeating!! :thumb:

Comment

And here it is the game day thread... to you Elway. Thanks for this..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
              Have fun, win the game....then keep repeating!!
              Wash, rinse, repeat!

:thumb:

Comment

Thanks Elway!

Gameday thread means Broncos football. :thumb:

Go Broncos!!

Comment

Awesome to finally see this thread. Although things are going to get rough at points, I'm excited to see what this team has. I have tempered my expectations and just want to see growth
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    Football !

Go Broncos!

Thanks, Elway! Good to see you.
                    HI Peanut! Thanks to you, Eddie, Rastic and the other Mods who keep this place running. Glad to finally have football back!
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!
                      sigpic
                      2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                      2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                      BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Go Broncos!!!
                        To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

This will be my 9th season tuning into these GameDay threads. Big thank you to Elway and the mods who make BCMB the greatest place to talk Broncos anywhere online. I, for one, was also very uncertain if we’d ever get Broncos football this year— something I know I’ll never take for granted again as a fan. The wait is finally over tomorrow night and I’m more excited than ever. I’m looking forward to the premature HoF proclamations, knee-jerk overreactions, and everything in between. 24 more hours, y’all!
                          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Looking forward to the game. And, I am also looking forward to a Broncos offense that can move the ball and score some points.

Comment

Thanks Elway and

GO BRONCOS!!!

Broncos 35
                              Titanz 13

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X