X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    all the wr weapons are playing hopefully pays off today if OL plays well

Comment

Big Ben going to have a field day with our rookie backfield. Today will be a disaster for us on defense.

Comment

Let's play 60 minutes of Denver Broncos football and win this one!!
        sigpic
        The Bronco fan pledge;
        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Thanks for the game day thread, Elway! When we weren't using any time outs last week in the Titans last drive, I thought we had just gotten comfortable with the idea that Gostkowski was not able to put one through without his new team. :doh:

I did something stupid and turned off my Sunday Ticket. I set up a vpn for Denver yesterday and thought I was all set to watch the game. Not sure if my husband was messing with it before he left for work - but it's set to Philli somehow... I better get on it if I'm gonna get the game.

GO BRONCOS!!!
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

We are going to get our junk kicked in today. I only hope to see improvements and juedy taking the next step every game.

Anyone who thought we had a wildcard chance was drinking the kool aid lol.

Comment

Comment

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

As a very young team, we knew this year would be a "trial by fire" season. Spurts of promise, bad mistakes, and overall inconsistency is to be expected. Each of these things will only help this team become better and more experienced. Bad habits that persist week after week will not be excusable. With that being said, this week is a golden opportunity for growth against a sleeper Super Bowl team in the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Going up against arguably the most talented defense in the NFL, Lock will have his biggest test to date since taking over as the starter last year. Fortunately, the second-year gunslinger will have Sutton back in his arsenal this week. The offensive line will have its hands full trying to block a front four of Watt-Heyward-Tuitt-Dupree. I'm just going to come out and say it right now-- Wilkinson is going to have a rough day (probably even Bolles too). If Gordon has more than six yards on the ground today, that's already better than how Saquon Barkley fared against them on MNF. While the Steelers might not be completely game-planning around the opposing team's RB this time around, I still expect them to be pretty stout. Again, this game will come down to how our offensive line holds up. Sutton coming back will take a lot of pressure off of the rookie Jeudy-- who I expect will bounce back against a tough secondary. I do not expect Hamler to be the x-factor in his debut, but one or two explosive plays could be the difference for our offense to have a chance today. Finally, the matchup to watch offensively today is Fant against Edmunds. Our mercurial second-year man should have another field day if Shurmur schemes him right against these linebackers who are not exactly the best in coverage.

If there is one certainty heading into today's matchup, it is that Big Ben will throw everything he has against our young corners. As Bouye is off to the IR for the next few weeks, Callahan is expected to move outside while undrafted rookie Bassey steps up as the starting nickel back. Ojemudia held his own last week as the other starting outside corner, but will be tested once again-- this time against the likes of JuJu Smith-Schuster, Diontae Johnson, and Chase Claypool. While I trust that Fangio and Donatell put our guys in the best position to succeed, it is up to the players to execute. I don't care if Big Ben goes for 400+ yards today, I care about whether these young corners can put the last play behind them and get a crucial stop when it matters most. With the entire right side of Pittsburgh's offensive line depleted, I expect a ton of pressure being thrown right in Roethlisberger's face. I won't be surprised if Chubb doesn't register any sacks, but I hope he can generate pressure all game long. Interior pressure will be key as well. After a mistake-riddled game against the Titans, we need Simmons/KJax to bounce back in a big way.

The last time I was adamant that Lock would struggle mightily against a defense was prior to the Houston Texans game last year-- and we saw how that turned out . This game has the potential to fall out of Denver's reach very fast. We are not winning this game if 14 points is all we can muster. Unfortunately, I think this will be another "learn from our mistakes" game against a scary Pittsburgh squad-- but I also expect our young team to fight to the very end.

24-20, Steelers.
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                  Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
                    Big Ben going to have a field day with our rookie backfield. Today will be a disaster for us on defense.
                    Stay positive

Comment

I wanna see ears pinned back on both sides of the ball. A little passion can go a long way!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Let's get this dub guys lol. This is a good tough match up for us. I wanna see how Lock responds. We should know quite a bit about him after this
                        :go:

Comment

Just looking for a well played and coached game. Looking to see improvement and development. Not expecting a win, but it would be welcome, for sure. This team always has a puncher’s chance just based on youthful talent.

Go Broncos!
                          sigpic

Comment

if we can not get a pass rush man this could get bad with a real young db's out there and I just hope lock comes out healthy I expect a heavy blitz on him

Comment

Let's go! Remember to follow the rules or I'll insta ban everyone.
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                                Let's go! Remember to follow the rules or I'll insta ban everyone.
                                Do it. You won't. :dance:

Tough draw today, Steelers are another team that's been together forever. Doesn't mean we can't win.

Lets gooooo

Comment

Working...
                                X