X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here you go, RocketArm006, this was my thinking at the time:

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Trade up to #11 and grab Bechton. But I don't know if that was possible, and Jeudy looks like he will be an immediate positive impact so I'm not going to throw a fit about it.
    WR Hamler?
    Yeah. I hate the pick.
    I'm going to say right now that I hope Hamler makes me eat crow. I hope he has a great career with us as a WR/return guy. But I hate this pick.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
      It's not a rabbit hole. I'm asking you a simple question. What OT would you have rather picked instead of Jeudy or Hamler who was available? I had my eye on 5 OT's but they were all picked before us. I don't think any of the OT's that were available would have helped us. And, no, I didn't like the Hamler pick. If you want to have a decent conversation with me then you shouldn't try to put words in my mouth. As I recall my actual words were "I hate this pick" in the draft thread.
      I’m not looking to have a conversation with you. I responded to someone else’s post. Also, OT wasn’t the ONLY thing I mentioned.

I didn’t like the the pick - especially since it was tack to back WR.

Elway has made weird choices. Especially in the draft. That was my real point.
      sigpic

Comment

Here you go, RocketArm006, this was my thinking at the time:
        Geeze man. You sure are coming at me hard over a relatively benign post that was a reply to someone else.

I’m not really out to have an argument with you. Have a nice night.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
          Geeze man. You sure are coming at me hard over a relatively benign post that was a reply to someone else.

I’m not really out to have an argument with you. Have a nice night.
          That's not true. I responded back to you because you replied to me, quoting my post. You said that I was giving the Front Office a free pass. I was explaining to you why that wasn't true.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            They’ve also been in the same system for what 3 or 4 years now? Our offense is learning a new system on the fly. It may be our 4th losing season but how many of these players were on the team 4 seasons ago? I’m pretty sure Bolles is the only guy left from 4 seasons ago. Constant turnover does not breed success in the NFL. Average talent can win games if they know their scheme inside and out.
            so just out of curiosity, who would you prefer as offensive coordinator now , bill musgrave , scangarello or shurmur , not rhetorical at all , just like to get your take , thanks .

Comment

• Pat Bowlen must be rolling over in his grave with where this team is and how bad they have become
              sigpic

Comment

That's not true. I responded back to you because you replied to me, quoting my post. You said that I was giving the Front Office a free pass. I was explaining to you why that wasn't true.
                Point taken. You aren’t giving the FO a free pass. My mistake.

Have a good night.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                  Point taken. You aren’t giving the FO a free pass. My mistake.

Have a good night.
                  You too. I want you to know that I share your frustration, I'm with you. Losing sucks and you can lay a lot of the blame for our poor play at our weak O-Line. So I apologize if I seemed to be coming at you over this. I'm frustrated as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                    Pat Bowlen must be rolling over in his grave with where this team is and how bad they have become
                    i don't know , no disrespect meant but i always thought he stuck with dan reeves way too long , reeves became the broncos hc in 81 , elway arrived in 83 and they still looked a world away from winning a super bowl at the end of that decade , yes including against the 49ers in the super bowl .

Comment

You too. I want you to know that I share your frustration, I'm with you. Losing sucks and you can lay a lot of the blame for our poor play at our weak O-Line. So I apologize if I seemed to be coming at you over this. I'm frustrated as well.
                      Totally cool, man. I’m definitely frustrated and I’m getting really burned out on seeing the same exact issues year after year. Most specifically O-line, ILB.

No hard feelings at all. I thin we’re all just getting tired of losing and watching bad football.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post
                        weren't the 49ers without garropolo kittle and mostert and of course ota's , they still blew out the giants in ny , also mr obvious but denver is facing its fourth straight losing season so the young developing offense thing with a poor o line angle just seems really lame
                        The Giants are worse than we are.
                        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post
                          so just out of curiosity, who would you prefer as offensive coordinator now , bill musgrave , scangarello or shurmur , not rhetorical at all , just like to get your take , thanks .
                          I thought it was strange to fire Scangarello after the finish we had to the season. Personally I wouldn’t have done it, But I was on board with Shurmur and I still am, I just understand that you can’t install an offense in a shortened offseason with no preseason. I’m definitely against firing Shurmur and trying to find someone else however. You don’t develop franchise QBs by switching offenses every season. Continuity is a lot more important than people want to mention and the fact is, we haven’t had a that for awhile now. If you want Lock to develop and be good, keep him in the same offense for 2-3 seasons, that’s how you get an accurate representation of what a QB can be. If you don’t you’re just flinging crap at a wall until it sticks, long term success in football is something you have to build to and you need consistency somewhere to build to it.

I didn’t like Mayfield coming out but with 3 OCs in 3 seasons it’s hard for any QB to have success. He was the first pick for a reason (even if I disagree with it) but you can’t expect any and every QB to just learn a new offense every year and be successful. Yet Lamar Jackson has by and large been in the same system and has improved a lot. Even Brady has struggled so far, this game aside. I expect he’ll continue to struggle for a few more weeks against defenses that don’t play soft zone coverages.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                            So do we start Ryiepen Thursday night?
                            Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                            I don’t think so.
                            Did we even try the triple option with Driskell?
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Niners are just as banged up as we are. They put up 36 today. Elway passed on Kyle Shanahan for VJ. Shanahan and Lynch rebuilt the 49ers and have gotten to a super bowl. Broncos don’t have a winning season in that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                Not time to fire anyone or freakout.
                                People are freaking out about the whole season being lost. Firing all the coaches, firing Elway and Ellis, when this is exactly what many of us said would happen, not because of lack of talent, but because we have a bunch of rookies and new coaches, and the entire off-season was a wreck. Not even a single preseason game. It will take at least half a season for the new schemes to gel and the rookies to get some experience, more likely 1-2 years before they start to shine. And we have so many starters out that could be helping the rookies learn. Some people need to remember our discussions in April about this exact scenario. You don’t draft talent to be effective immediately. They grow over time. Be patient.
                                Last edited by chessic; 09-27-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X