Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season was over when Von was hurt. Any chance to go 10-6 went right out the window...

Season was lost when Lock went down... Now, absolutely nothing positive to gain...

It’s a lost season. Young kids can’t gain work and experience. Coaches can’t build a foundation... so, we might as well get high draft position and hope to bring in some talent.

Maybe we avoid drafting WRs and pass catching TEs early?

Now, 0-16 is best thing for this team moving forward. 6-10 gets you no place quickly.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 09-27-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chessic View Post
      People are freaking out about the whole season being lost. Firing all the coaches, firing Elway and Ellis, when this is exactly what many of us said would happen, not because of lack of talent, but because we have a bunch of rookies and new coaches, and the entire off-season was a wreck. Not even a single preseason game. It will take at least half a season for the new schemes to gel and the rookies to get some experience, more likely 1-2 years before they start to shine. And we have so many starters out that could be helping the rookies learn. Some people need to remember our discussions in April about this exact scenario. You don’t draft talent to be effective immediately. They grow over time. Be patient.
      Agreed for the most part....just stinks that it’s like the 4th year in a row where “we need to be patient.” 🤷*♂️

Comment

• Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
        Agreed for the most part....just stinks that it’s like the 4th year in a row where “we need to be patient.” 🤷*♂️
        Any game Jeff Driskol is starting is a game this team can’t do anything productive, development wise, for the future.

Lock goes down it’s pretty much a wasted month now for this team. 0-4 or 0-6 while he’s out is fine by me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
          Any game Jeff Driskol is starting is a game this team can’t do anything productive, development wise, for the future.

Lock goes down it’s pretty much a wasted month now for this team. 0-4 or 0-6 while he’s out is fine by me.
          I hope we can at least beat the Jets. Losing the starting QB stinks....but if that automatically makes us the worst team in the NFL, it’s not a good sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            I thought it was strange to fire Scangarello after the finish we had to the season. Personally I wouldn’t have done it, But I was on board with Shurmur and I still am, I just understand that you can’t install an offense in a shortened offseason with no preseason. I’m definitely against firing Shurmur and trying to find someone else however. You don’t develop franchise QBs by switching offenses every season. Continuity is a lot more important than people want to mention and the fact is, we haven’t had a that for awhile now. If you want Lock to develop and be good, keep him in the same offense for 2-3 seasons, that’s how you get an accurate representation of what a QB can be. If you don’t you’re just flinging crap at a wall until it sticks, long term success in football is something you have to build to and you need consistency somewhere to build to it.

I didn’t like Mayfield coming out but with 3 OCs in 3 seasons it’s hard for any QB to have success. He was the first pick for a reason (even if I disagree with it) but you can’t expect any and every QB to just learn a new offense every year and be successful. Yet Lamar Jackson has by and large been in the same system and has improved a lot. Even Brady has struggled so far, this game aside. I expect he’ll continue to struggle for a few more weeks against defenses that don’t play soft zone coverages.
            Good point and well said.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I hope we can at least beat the Jets. Losing the starting QB stinks....but if that automatically makes us the worst team in the NFL, it’s not a good sign.
              Poor drafting has sapped us of our depth. We have what? 40 mil of our salary cap on the IL?

We were gonna struggle anyway, with a young offense and no offseason. But, at least we would build equity for the future...

When Lock went down, there was no Plan B bc there wasn’t a backup QB who could fill
              In. JD was just a body to ensure there was obstacle to o DL’s development

So, here we are. DL better not take too long getting back on the field or else he may lose his job... if DEN drafts in top 5, I don’t see how they pass in a QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by chessic View Post
                People are freaking out about the whole season being lost. Firing all the coaches, firing Elway and Ellis, when this is exactly what many of us said would happen, not because of lack of talent, but because we have a bunch of rookies and new coaches, and the entire off-season was a wreck. Not even a single preseason game. It will take at least half a season for the new schemes to gel and the rookies to get some experience, more likely 1-2 years before they start to shine. And we have so many starters out that could be helping the rookies learn. Some people need to remember our discussions in April about this exact scenario. You don’t draft talent to be effective immediately. They grow over time. Be patient.
                Another good one. :thumb:

Realize this is a gameday thread and these are always full of kneejerk reactions with the same comments: "fire everyone, team is trash, player x is trash" etc., even during victories, and even during our winning seasons (which seem long ago).

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Poor drafting has sapped us of our depth. We have what? 40 mil of our salary cap on the IL?

We were gonna struggle anyway, with a young offense and no offseason. But, at least we would build equity for the future...

When Lock went down, there was no Plan B bc there wasn’t a backup QB who could fill
                  In. JD was just a body to ensure there was obstacle to o DL’s development

So, here we are. DL better not take too long getting back on the field or else he may lose his job... if DEN drafts in top 5, I don’t see how they pass in a QB.
                  Yep...I agree. Poor drafting, continuously changing coaching staffs, and not addressing O-line and QB adequately have gotten us here. I hope Lock is the guy but still ultimately an unknown....and yep, if we’re drafting near the top of the draft you have to wonder.

Comment

Yep...I agree. Poor drafting, continuously changing coaching staffs, and not addressing O-line and QB adequately have gotten us here. I hope Lock is the guy but still ultimately an unknown....and yep, if we’re drafting near the top of the draft you have to wonder.
                    If you draft high and you identify a franchise QB... Boom. Pull trigger. Between that pick and DL we should have QB covered. Then use multiple picks on OL and ILB and CB.

Comment

If you draft high and you identify a franchise QB... Boom. Pull trigger. Between that pick and DL we should have QB covered. Then use multiple picks on OL and ILB and CB.
                      Sounds like a plan to me. Also, looking forward to a time where we’re not talking draft picks 3 games into a season.

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me. Also, looking forward to a time where we’re not talking draft picks 3 games into a season.
                        Me2. This team doesn’t tank tho.... it’s a rudderless ship with no direction to begin with.

Comment

We lost our 3 most important players, qb, #1 wr, and olb. That’s probably too much for any team to salvage a winning season out of.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Just please do not lose to Adam Gase.

Comment

That's what happened to the Colts. Peyton went down, they immediately became the worst team in the NFL. Get Luck the next year and were an instant playoff contender. That's how important the QB position is. That's why it is absolutely most important that we develop Lock and find out if he can be the guy. Because we know that's not Driskel and it's definitely not Bortles.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                                We lost our 3 most important players, qb, #1 wr, and olb. That’s probably too much for any team to salvage a winning season out of.
                                I present to you the 49ers who are in the exact same situation and maybe even more dire. They walloped the Giants today. Keep in mind they are being coached by a guy we could of had in Denver...not to mention he’s the son of the most winningest coach in Broncos history! I don’t want to dwell on the past but you have to wonder what the Broncos (Elway/Ellis) were thinking. Shanny had the much stronger resume, coming off a super bowl appearance, clear ties to Denver, etc....and they go with VJ, the one year DC in Miami🤦*♂️. Sorry, I’m getting off topic...but look at what the 49ers did today without Garappalo, Kittle, and Bosa.

Comment

Working...
                                X