X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2020: Week 4: Broncos vs JETS

Ugh Broncomaniacs,

Doing a gameday thread or an 0-3 team facing and 0-3 team? No less for a midweek scuffle on the east coast.
    The word for that is BRUTAL. Some may say Someone has to win, but we could end in a tie. Wouldn't surprise me.
    So many things have went the wrong way for the team this season.

And the QB Carousel keeps spinning. Lock-Driskel-Rypien. Who will be next? Apply now! Positions are available!
    The team is trying to compete, I will give them that. The young WR's are gaining experience which is important as well.

The Jets have less excuses than us why they are so bad. At least they have a semi decent QB and an experienced coach. They average under 190 yards a game, and Darnell is coming off of a 3 Int game vs the Colts. Of course the Broncos are giving up lots of passing yards so far this season. 22nd in passer rating defense, but we are better vs the run ranking 8th. We will face Frank Gore who averaged 3.3 yards an attempt last week. The Denver run game has not been lighting up like we would hope either.

Denver has one 10 of its last 13 Thursday night games, whatever that is worth. I feel better facing the Jets than I would the Seahawks or some other competent team. SO how do we do in week 4 games. Well over the decade we are 7-3. OF the 7 wins 5 came at home. Of the 3 losses two came at home. Those we both in the last 2 year losing to KC in 2018 and the Jags in 2019.

So will Vic go 0-4 two seasons in a row? How hot is the seat getting? I hope we win. As a fan base we deserve it. Sorry, not sorry to the Jets.
    We have some good pieces on offense, some on defense, we just need to put it together. Yes, we have questions at QB... so many questions, but I have hope we can get our first 'W' September may be over, but the season isn't. Have faith this team can somehow pull it together.

It will be the only Football game to watch tomorrow, and it's primetime. So there is no excuse not to watch and root for out team. Good or bad, even though we've had a lot of bad lately. Hang in there, and please follow the COC. With how the team has done emotions can get the better of us. Try to be kind to each other and the mods. I'll be here tomorrow night to try and enjoy the game with you. Have a great day and as always GO BRONCOS!!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Thanks, Elway!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Go Broncos!
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Go Broncos!!

Comment

BLAM! BLAM!

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Go Broncos!!!!!!
            sigpic
            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Seeing on twitter that Lindsay isn't likely to play tonight. That stinks. Need to get more touches for Gordon and Freeman.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I thought Hamler was going to do well last week....wrong....maybe Rypien can get him on quick slants and he has that monster game I thought he would last week.

Comment

Go Broncos!!!

That's all I can muster right now...
                  [sigpic

Comment

UGH is right..anyways...go Denver

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                      Need to get more touches for Gordon and Freeman.
                      I'd like to see them both get around 15 touches each, but despite the injury to Lindsay, Freeman has still only been used sparingly.

Comment

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                          I'd like to see them both get around 15 touches each, but despite the injury to Lindsay, Freeman has still only been used sparingly.
                          Yeah, I don't get that. Maybe Shurmur doesn't trust him, maybe he hasnt picked up as much of the offense as the coaches want yet. Just hope we put more emphasis on the run tonight.
                          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Tonight we win!

NFL.com is essentially calling the game the worst 0-3 (Jets) vs the 2nd worst 0-3 (Broncos) when the ranked the 0-3 teams.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The MetLife turf is notoriously bad. I expect more injuries tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X