replied
    Re: The Problem with the Defense...

Originally posted by Mr. CSU
    #3 Dline pressure was not there today.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. CSU
    replied
    The Problem with the Defense...

I don't know about one thing but a few things hurt today.

#1 Ferguson being hurt

#2 Herndon playing with the banged up hand, they had him in bump coverage and he could not bump. His left hand was too heavily wrapped. On the first td he lost his balance trying to bump the WR.

#3 Dline pressure was not there today.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. CSU
    replied
    Did you watch the game?? their first TD the WR was getting bumped and beat the coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Broncofanjp
    replied
    It sure seems like we mixed up our coverages a lot more the first time around. A lot tighter off the line of scrimage so they could'nt get those type of slant plays.

Leave a comment:

• thesith2001
    replied
    Ouch

Damn, Broncos you got stomped!(Like you need me to tell you that, right?) Last time you met Indy you did the stomping.

What went wrong thois time? I know you are a better team than Indy.

What changes, if any, do you think need to be made? If this game were in Denver, Broncos' would have won.
    The noise inside the Dome may have effected the play, nothing went right in that game.

At least you made the playoffs which is more then a lot of other teams can say. (Oakland, San Diego, Miami, Jacksonville)

Reassess what the needs are during the off season and be ready to win it all in 2004!
    (Is Jacke really the answer? Is he a better "fit" then Grease? Or does Denver draft a QB in the draft?)

Win in 2004!

Leave a comment:

• Roozy
    replied
    Don't worry, nothing could convert me... but you know how I feel.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    What and possible risk upsetting Marvin Harrisons feelings.... next thing you'll be asking that we sack the QB or get some interceptions...

Leave a comment:

• martzall11
    replied
    Bump the receivers duh

Ok after giving up 2 quick touchdowns with a crappy zone coverage what do you think you should do????? BUMP THE RECIEVERS and play them man for man and blitz dammit, what the heck was Larry thinking???? Anybody????

Leave a comment:

• jazzchamp
    replied
    Re: Oh! Was this week a playoff game?

Originally posted by Roozy
    ...Enough to turn a guy into a Raider fan!
    SNAP OUT OF IT YOU FOOL!!!

Don't get nuts on us now.

Leave a comment:

• Roozy
    replied
    Oh! Was this week a playoff game?

Should be a quote from every member of the team.

I've been raised since a wee one on my beloved Broncos, and never have they pissed me off so much. No way they should not have won this game. Enough to turn a guy into a Raider fan!

Leave a comment:

• ol' number 7
    replied
    No Way

There's no way Shanahan goes. That's ridiculous, no - it's incredulous. Shanahan is easily the finest coach in the NFL.

Today's failure was largely the part of the Defensive coordinator - and I hate to say it - but Gary Kubiak, possibly the greatest offensive coordinator to ever coach.

Leave a comment:

• JeeMoney
    replied
    Should have been......

I have followed Denver all year and I sit here trying to figure out what in the hell Shanny was doing. What got Denver to the playoffs???? Running the ball is my guess.........so what do you do.....send Portis out as a wideout, then bring him in motion back to his running back position.....so he's set for about a second before the ball is snapped......I'm sorry but I just don't understand why Shanny didn't just keep his regular formations that got him there in the first place. I think he outsmarted himself a bit.....Indy couldn't stop them the first time around and I know if they would have played more smash mouth the outcome would've been different because the ball control by the offfense keeps the d off the field. I know hindsight is 20/20, I just can't get over the playcalling. I also know that Indy was gameplanning for the run.....thing is, they couldn't stop it even by gameplanning for it......I don't think there's a team in the league that can totally shut down Denver's running game, just my opinion......they have something special so I wouldn't worry Denver fans.......They'll be back!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• brnco4life
    replied
    Re: They simply blew it.

Originally posted by ol' number 7
    I don't understand what happened today. I would never have expected the Broncos to come out and expect the same game plan to work against the colts twice in a row. In addition, no adjustments were made to stop the bleeding. This was nothing short of a failure on the part of the team, and I felt especially the coaches.
    This is really a simple answer. It is the same answer I have been throwing out there for weeks/months. SHANAHAN HAS TO GO!!!! You can not tell me that he had this team ready to play today!!! How in the HELL does Harrison go untouched while a bunch of un-disciplined (coaching) Bronco defenders sit there and argue?? And the GD penalties, are you freaking kidding me? Again, coaching, if he cant get this team to play in big games (0 for the playoffs minus #7), then I want his rear end out of there. We have too much great talent to waste it on a self-centered coach who cant motivate an eskimo to an igloo. NUFF SAID, I love the Broncos to death, but sorry Mike, time to go....

Leave a comment:

• ol' number 7
    replied
    They all share the burden.

I almost would have to agree with you, except the offensive line crumbled, which put pressure on Jake, who threw 3 interceptions and fumbled the ball.

I am not interested in Jake bashing - I think he's great.

However, the whole team shares this loss.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Re: Re: They simply blew it.

Originally posted by jocool
    Coaches and Defensive play-are to blame!
    Defense sucked

Leave a comment:

Working...
X