This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: Week 15 2005 Denver vs Buffalo

I just got the best news ever. I am going to see Denver in Buffalo!!

I am trying to figure out if I do section 304 vs 316.

I am so freeking excited, this is my first game!!!

Anyone else going there so I know I am not the only one wearing orange and blue?
    Shanahan will always deserve a :salute!:

The most rowdy orange-jersey-wearing fan in Denver at Buffalo games since 2005!

September 13, 2009... "The Immaculate Deflection" courtesy of Brandon Stokley!

HEY good for you!

Comment

Correction.... row 307 or 316.
      Shanahan will always deserve a :salute!:

The most rowdy orange-jersey-wearing fan in Denver at Buffalo games since 2005!

September 13, 2009... "The Immaculate Deflection" courtesy of Brandon Stokley!

Comment

have fun!

I went to my first Broncos game in 20 years last weekend (The Ravens game here in Denver) and even though we didn't play our most exciting game it was pretty awesome to watch anyway, and see Champ get his 8th int of the season! Have a blast in Buffalo, I'll be looking for some orange as I watch it on TV! :-) And stay warm!!!!

Comment

i am going to that game too. maybe ill see you there. just hold up a sign or something and i can meet you. lol

hope you have fun at your first game. go Denver!!!!

Comment

That's great. I hope they deliver a win for your viewing pleasure.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

Pass Rush - Questioning the Personnel

I remember some speculation prior to the season starting that both John Engelberger and Patrick Chuckwurah would be utilized (at times) at Defensive End to better our pass rush and hopefully get some QB sacks. I don't recall Chuckwurah playing DE at all and Engelbelberger seems absent as well.

Do you think this is something that might be implemented at all during the remainder of the year, or is our defensive line operating fine without changing personnel? Personally, I'd like to see our line pin their ears back and charge the Quarterback. Engelberger and Chukwurah seem like good players to do that.

Comment

yeah, engelberger looked really good in preseason

Comment

I think they would do fine, but you can't get Pryce, Ekuban, and Brown out long enough for the guys you mentioned to have a huge impact.
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

Comment

I've been a little dissapointed in the use of both of those players... Chuckwurrah may never be a starting LB or DE on any team, but I remember him being a beast last year every time he was put in. For a player who only was on maybe 5-10 defensive snaps a game last year at most, I heard his name an awful lot. (Of course, I keep an eye out for him because there's not many players from the University of Wyoming in the NFL and it's not often at all I get to see one on my team.)

Engelberger also seemed good at getting to the passer when I've seen him...

Oh well.... I don't think Coyer's looking to hire me quite yet.
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic
                    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I'm still waiting to go see a Bronco's game. I am sad that I have never been to one.

Comment

The Broncos have two terrific power rushers in C. Brown and Pryce. In fact, there is so much talent there that they seem to be afraid to take one of them off the field. This may be a mistake, tantamount to, say, having Al Wison and Ray Lewis on the same team, so one of them plays OLB to keep them both on the field, effectively benching a very capable OLB. What I am getting at is, while Brown and Pryce stay on the field, Engelberger and Chukwurah stay on the bench. The primary factor from the weak side is more quickness and speed and less power (although you don't want a lack of power, of course). This defines Engelberger and Chukwurah.

I just don't know why it apparently doesn't dawn on Coyer that we are not getting to the QB as we should. IMHO, the problem is right there on the weak side. Pryce is a tremendous DL, but he is a power rusher, as I mentioned. I would be tempted to put Pryce back at DT, rotating with Myers. (The only reason Pryce would rotate there is because, as Dean pointed out elsewhere, he lost weight with the idea of playing DE.) Pryce could "float" along the line so the offense would not know where he's going to show up, while Engelberger and Chukwurah rotate at DE.

But then, what do I know?

-----

Comment

Maybe that is an ace in the hole...

Originally posted by topscribe
                          The Broncos have two terrific power rushers in C. Brown and Pryce. In fact, there is so much talent there that they seem to be afraid to take one of them off the field. This may be a mistake, tantamount to, say, having Al Wison and Ray Lewis on the same team, so one of them plays OLB to keep them both on the field, effectively benching a very capable OLB. What I am getting at is, while Brown and Pryce stay on the field, Engelberger and Chukwurah stay on the bench. The primary factor from the weak side is more quickness and speed and less power (although you don't want a lack of power, of course). This defines Engelberger and Chukwurah.

I just don't know why it apparently doesn't dawn on Coyer that we are not getting to the QB as we should. IMHO, the problem is right there on the weak side. Pryce is a tremendous DL, but he is a power rusher, as I mentioned. I would be tempted to put Pryce back at DT, rotating with Myers. (The only reason Pryce would rotate there is because, as Dean pointed out elsewhere, he lost weight with the idea of playing DE.) Pryce could "float" along the line so the offense would not know where he's going to show up, while Engelberger and Chukwurah rotate at DE.

But then, what do I know?

-----
                          We hopefully haven't showed all our hand??

I personnally would like to see the Bronco's have Lynch on the field with Brandon and Ferguson... Shift him into LB at the snap. I think Lynch could put a hurt on some folks as an LB.
                          This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Well we had better start getting more creative if we hope to make a run against the Colts. Say we get to the AFC championship and play them in the RCA Dome...then we had better not choke like the past two years and we had better prepare defeinsively twice as hard as they do. To beat Peyton, you have to keep him guessing. he is not mobile and we need to knock his a$$ down with some exotic looks and switching players around.
                            Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Naww . . .

Originally posted by JED Bronco
                              We hopefully haven't showed all our hand??

I personnally would like to see the Bronco's have Lynch on the field with Brandon and Ferguson... Shift him into LB at the snap. I think Lynch could put a hurt on some folks as an LB.
                              Initially, that may sound good, but first I don't believe Lynch could be talked into playing LB. Second, he is inexperienced there and too long of tooth to be learning a new position. Third, whom would you replace? Wilson? Gold? Williams? No, Lynch is best where he is now, and he is very good, despite some of the more uninformed opinions here. He is already putting the hurt on people. What we need back there is a good, ball-hawking, pass-covering, speedy safety to complement Lynch.

(Got any ideas on how we could trick Baltimore into trading Reed for a 4th rounder? )

Also, I can't believe we are holding anything back. If we are, then we are fools . . . . we certainly needed more than we had at KC, didn't we?
                              No, I am just suspicious that Coyer isn't very bright in some instances. But that's just me, I guess.

-----

Comment

Working...
                              X