Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offical Game Day Thread-Broncos vs. Lions: Pre-season opener!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see how players like Cutler, Kicus, Scheffler, M. Bell, T.Bell, Dayne, would work out on Offense.
    Disapointed in the pass rush...

It is pre season. Since a KC person is here, I didn't know they picked up Q. He acutally looked ok against Texas, however not worried from Denvers prespective.

Comment

• i dont care thats it was a preseason game, every level of our team seemed like they were playing flag football, and that pisses me off
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel51
        #1 - Mike Bell is going to start, but we better not trade Tater. We will need him. But Mike Bell looks explosive when he makes his cut. Barring injury, he we remain the #1 back.

I agree with most of what you said but I'm not sold on Mike Bell.

He looks like he has happy feet, and does alot of shuffling it seems before he hits that hole, at least compared to TBell.

TBell looked alot more explsoive, but at the same time he doesn't seem very patient. It's too bad because he's the type of back that can afford to be.

Comment

#3 - Cutler is the real deal. When we first drafted him, I honestly felt that he'd probably sit on the bench for at least two years. However, if the rest of the preseason he continues to perform like that game, I see him starting next year. Which is weird. I see us as having a very good shot to win it all. Would Shanahan tell Plummer after winning the Super Bowl that his new duties would include holding a clipboard behind Cutler? Wouldn't that ruin the chemistry on the team? But I do have to say, if any player could handle that situation, it would be Plummer.
          Very interesting question. The Broncos should be in a good position to win it all this year. It wouldn't surprise me if Cutler looked good in the remaining three games, and possibly a game or two at the end of the year, once we have clinched the playoffs.

So, if Cutler continues to look like the real deal, and we win it all, what does Shanny do?
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kmartin575
            I wouldn't put too much stock into a bad performance. The Chiefs didn't look too good either but I totally expect both of our teams to be better than our first performance would suggest.
            I agree. I really just wanted to see how our rookies would do and what kind of depth we have. For the most part, I was impressed. Call me crazy, but I have never been so happy about a loss.

Comment

First, let me say that I meant to type this up yesterday, but events beyond my control have kept me from the computer until now.

#1 - Our Defense left alot to be desired. Missed tackles by normally sure-tackling LBs. Jones ran all over us. No push from front four, allowing the O-line to dominate line of scrimmage. Now, I know that Brown and Warren, two important cogs in our Defense was out, but it was extremely dissappointing to see that our depth didn't play very well.

#2 - Our offense did fine, take away the turnovers. We were able to move the ball against their defense consistently. That is with the exception of Van Pelt for a couple of series. In fact when listening to the announcers on the radio, I assumed that Van Pelt wasn't getting enough time to throw, and while that may be true on a couple of occasions, the others were definitely his fault.

On to individuals:

#1 - Mike Bell is going to start, but we better not trade Tater. We will need him. But Mike Bell looks explosive when he makes his cut. Barring injury, he we remain the #1 back.
              Now, if you are worried about the fumble, that appeared to be a good hit by the LB and nothing else. One could argue that had Bell kept both hands/arms wrapped around the ball he wouldn't have fumbled, but if watch the play again, he had broken a tackle and was trying to turn himself about while keeping his balance. In an effort to keep his balance, one arm was off the ball out stretched. The LB hit him good, and right on the ball. Had Bell had the ball wrapped up, he probably wouldn't have fumbled, but then again, he probably wouldn't have been standing either.

#2 - Scheffler looked very good. Great pickup for us. He's every bit as good as Putz, just needs to work on that blocking more.

#3 - Cutler is the real deal. When we first drafted him, I honestly felt that he'd probably sit on the bench for at least two years. However, if the rest of the preseason he continues to perform like that game, I see him starting next year. Which is weird. I see us as having a very good shot to win it all. Would Shanahan tell Plummer after winning the Super Bowl that his new duties would include holding a clipboard behind Cutler? Wouldn't that ruin the chemistry on the team? But I do have to say, if any player could handle that situation, it would be Plummer.

#4 - Proud of Watts. I think he took a huge step towards solidifying his role as #3 WR, at the very least #4.

#5 - Foxworth(or Foxworthy as the ignorant Detriot announcer kept saying) played very well, as did Paymah. I think we are set at CB for years to come. Maybe next year we should draft 3 DEs?

And last thought.....

I am no longer worried if Plummer gets hurt. I trust Cutler to get the job done. I trust M. Bell and Scheffler to fill their respective rolls as well. Defense better pick it up.

I would much rather he fall and not fumble.
              President Cool

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation
                i dont care thats it was a preseason game, every level of our team seemed like they were playing flag football, and that pisses me off

I mentioned on my Blog that it seemed the defense was playing not to get hurt. There were several plays that guys seemed to let up.....

I will be more interested in this week and next week. I expect a much better performance, especially tackling wise.

I try to remember that we were playing a perenially bad team, playing it's first game with a new coach, who is trying to drum up support in a city going baseball crazy right now.

Let's just say the Lion may have wanted it a little more than the Broncos. The turf in Detroit is injury prone(i.e. Jevon Walker) so I think guys were thinking about it....

Check Out MHR Radio

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

Comment

• At the lions game

just wondering if anyone else was at the game in Detroit. I was there sitting behind the Denver bench and in the 3rd and 4th quarter Ian was getting the the fans all mad because he was talking to a woman in the stands who asked him for a hat. By the end of it him and a biker were chatting back and forth and Ian had half the starters checking out this woman in the crowd. the best moment though was when Jake came over and gesterd for the guy to kiss his but made me proud to be sitting in the stands with my orange Bailey jersey on

Comment

• did you watch the playback of the game?
                    Go Huskers.

Comment

• no i didnt see the playback

Comment

Working...
                      X