Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offical Game Day Thread:Preseason Game 3: Texans vs. Broncos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You could tell when he caught that pass that he had no regard for himself and was going to catch it no matter what...when we traded I thought that he would be a valuable addition to the team and now he is starting to prove it!
    I Love Orange Crush!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cheerful
      that and keeping that same defense on the field really put pressure on our oline and Plummer. I think jake got hit on all three downs.
      He got hit on the 1st and 3rd play.

      The first one was Scheffler's fault because he was flat out beat by Babin. The second one Plummer had time but threw to a well covered Smith. The third had Babin hit Jake's arm as he threw but was actually caused by Mario Williams pushing his man backward and making Jake take a step back after his initial drop.

      There were many breakdowns and mistakes made. And I think our offense is better when it regains its composure after each play by going with the huddle.

      I just didn't like it at all.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

      Comment


      • Javon looked great. Glad to see some balls thrown his way! :clap:
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by shastaxmo
          ok i will obey these rules of the CoC and i will have a great day
          Has anyone actually read them?
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tnedator
            Has anyone actually read them?
            Hopefully, Yes.

            I've read them.
            Administrator

            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tnedator
              Has anyone actually read them?

              Whats the coc? :brick:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RunYouOver
                Hopefully, Yes.

                I've read them.
                Hmmm, I have always assumed that they are simply common sense rules and anyone with common sense wouldn't violate them, but maybe I should check them out some day.
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by tnedator
                  Hmmm, I have always assumed that they are simply common sense rules and anyone with common sense wouldn't violate them, but maybe I should check them out some day.

                  They are...but if you ever have some spare time you might as well check them out.
                  Administrator

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Shanahan wanted to run a 2 minute drill.

                    Why, you might ask?

                    We sucked last year in come-from-behind situations. If the defense knew we were going to pass, we rarely succeeded. Just look at the AFC Championship game for evidence. So we spent most of the offseason beefing up our air attack.

                    Now, it was evident Shanahan wanted to give his offense a 2-minute situation, because he called a time out on the last drive of the first half (before Houston converted a fourth down) in order to get the ball back. Unfortunately, it didn't happen, so he told his offense to run the 2 minute drill on their first second half drive.

                    As you can see, it needs some work.

                    It wasn't a Colt-like strategy to try and throw off the defense. It was simply a training mechanism for the offseason - after all, that's why they play preseason games in the first place. Shanny isn't going to take us into no-huddle mode in the 3rd quarter in the regular season - no one should worry about that.

                    With that being said - I didn't like the hit Babin put on Plummer - it was kind of low. I'm glad Jake got up okay.


                    My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

                    I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
                      Shanahan wanted to run a 2 minute drill.

                      Why, you might ask?

                      We sucked last year in come-from-behind situations. If the defense knew we were going to pass, we rarely succeeded. Just look at the AFC Championship game for evidence. So we spent most of the offseason beefing up our air attack.

                      Now, it was evident Shanahan wanted to give his offense a 2-minute situation, because he called a time out on the last drive of the first half (before Houston converted a fourth down) in order to get the ball back. Unfortunately, it didn't happen, so he told his offense to run the 2 minute drill on their first second half drive.

                      As you can see, it needs some work.

                      It wasn't a Colt-like strategy to try and throw off the defense. It was simply a training mechanism for the offseason - after all, that's why they play preseason games in the first place. Shanny isn't going to take us into no-huddle mode in the 3rd quarter in the regular season - no one should worry about that.

                      With that being said - I didn't like the hit Babin put on Plummer - it was kind of low. I'm glad Jake got up okay.
                      I disagree. A 2-minute offense isn't the same without a 2-minute defense. And unless Shanny convinced Kubiak to play along, we were playing their standard defense.

                      Also, the offense was obviously not concerned with the clock or position on the field in relation to any time issue, so we weren't using time-outs or spiking the ball to conserve clock like we would do in a 2-minute situation.

                      So I'm pretty sure that was a hurry-up offense designed give an extra edge over the defense, which it failed to do in this case.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Javalon
                        The Colts we are not. That first drive after the half just did not look good at all.

                        Sure, it's preseason so we might as well experiment. But IMO, that experiment failed and we should ditch the no-huddle offense except for end of half type drives.

                        I much prefer our offense taking its time.

                        I read that its the new "in thing" this year.. and has something to do with a minor rule change. I don't know what it is.. but they were talking about HOW many teams are running the No-huddle offense this year in pre-season. You know how the league is.. its a copy cat organization. The Steelers did it well last year.. so now everyone is going to give it a go.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                          I read that its the new "in thing" this year.. and has something to do with a minor rule change. I don't know what it is.. but they were talking about HOW many teams are running the No-huddle offense this year in pre-season. You know how the league is.. its a copy cat organization. The Steelers did it well last year.. so now everyone is going to give it a go.
                          Hmm. I'd like to know what that rule change is and why it makes the no-huddle appealing.


                          But if we're going to run it, we'd better get a LOT better.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                          Comment


                          • It should shut up the 'Jake doesn't ever throw to Javon' posts that we were flooded with last week.
                            President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




                            formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                            I adopted Skywalker

                            I have been adopted by Chris Wade

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cheerful
                              THe difference between Walker and Lelie can be summed up in one play so far. Its the 7 yard slant he caught and then drug the CB for 4-5 yards after that for the first down.

                              Lelie would have gone down or got tripped up before even making the first.
                              I was not sold on him as a "Bronco Type WR" until I saw that. I am sold now. I am a Walker fan now.

                              ^^^^^^^^^^
                              made by Snk16

                              Comment


                              • LOL ppl

                                i am a Diehard Bronco fan but CP was prolly my fav player
                                i Root for CP but i Always root for Denver

                                its not the End of the world
                                i still like Ashley somewhat

                                but thanx for all the replies
                                i will Deff watch all the games

                                i was just Out of Touch on things

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X