This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Javalon
    Hmm. I'd like to know what that rule change is and why it makes the no-huddle appealing.

But if we're going to run it, we'd better get a LOT better.
    I know it seems like a duh question, but if we can move the ball with it will you still not be in favor of the no-huddle?
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

• I like the broncos running the no-huddle..........but only if Jim Kelly is at Quarterback.

Comment

• Jake looks to be on pace for a repeat pro bowl season?

:idiot:
        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

• Devoe and Kricus were switching out at 3rd.

Comment

• I hope we nip THAT in the bud

So the aged Eric Moulds, who, according to Sterling Sharpe, has lost a step, TORCHED D-Will but thankfully Carr missed him, and some dude named Lewis TORCHED Nique for that touchdown and Karl Paymah wasn't within ten yards of any receiver at the point of completion. I hope it was just preseason mix-ups. Otherwise we better go back to blitzing!
            "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Snk16
              Good job by Denver to get the win, but nobody looked spectacular, everyone was incredibly average.

We basically walked away knowing that Walker's knee looks fine.
              I think both teams knew each others game just a bit too well and cancelled each other out. The game didn't have a real edge to it but a win is a win and that's another game under the belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmartin575
                Jake looks to be on pace for a repeat pro bowl season?
                Kmart your in the General Discussion talking smack I guess that makes you a double :idiot: :idiot: .

Since you seem to be ignorant of last season, let :idiot:
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by WABronco
                  Eh, I wasn't watching. Jay scrambled and got tackled...not sure if that's a sack. He got outside pressure though, and Meadows and Carswell are the tackles I think.
                  It looked like the pressure came from the LB on the left side of our line. House did fine, no one picked up the blitz.

Comment

• Broncos Offense Struggles

I finally got to see one of the broncos pre-season games and I was not impressed. It looks like the same offense as last season with the exception of walker. Plummer looked like his usual self. Short passing game to keep from throwing picks just like last year. Every team in the leauge knows when they play the broncos that it's going to be a running attack and a short pass attatck.
                    It don't take long to change your defense around to key on what the broncos offense is trying to accomplish. I'm sorry folks.......This is not the power offense that is going to win the superbowl. If shanny has no faith in plummer throwing down field then plummer should not be starting. 1 deep ball per game is not going to keep the defense honest. It might look good on paper but it's not going to win the big games.
                    On a good note.....our defense looked pretty solid except we still need a better pass rush.
                    Our Offensive line needs a little better pass protection but other than that they looked pretty good.

We need that deep threat to bring this offense up to the level it can be. We have a great receiving core and a decent running game. We just need to open it up a little bit. Last year it looked like plummer was on a leash and shanny was pulling at the other end. We need to let this dog loose so he can do what he's supposed to do. Nobody is affraid of a dog who's on a leash. Let him loose and everyone will back off. If the dog don't bite......switch dogs.

Just my .02

Comment

• That's a good post and spot on.

A team's predictability is related to the coaches play calling firstly. If they are trying to limit Jake mistakes, that also could backfire as the defense will key into the short area of the field that Denver plays.

I agree. More risk needs to be taken. And I don't mean keeping BVP on the team. I mean throw it downfield

"I am the eggman... HOO... I am the Walrus... Koo Koo Ka Choo" - Jay Cutler

Comment

• Good grief. The Broncos have one so-so offensive game, and all the sudden they are having "offensive troubles." :brick:

They kicked butt before this game. Allllllllllll teams are going to have on and off weeks. Allllllllllllll of them. It just so happened they were playing a defense that was so familiar with them that the defense recognized the plays as they unfolded. The teams both run virtually the same offenses. They practice against that same offense all week.

Relax. The offense is the envy of many other teams. They have studs all around. And if did happen to be the same offense as last year, well they were 13-3, weren't they? They will be just fine.

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by prowler0814
                          I finally got to see one of the broncos pre-season games and I was not impressed. It looks like the same offense as last season with the exception of walker. Plummer looked like his usual self. Short passing game to keep from throwing picks just like last year. Every team in the leauge knows when they play the broncos that it's going to be a running attack and a short pass attatck.
                          It don't take long to change your defense around to key on what the broncos offense is trying to accomplish. I'm sorry folks.......This is not the power offense that is going to win the superbowl. If shanny has no faith in plummer throwing down field then plummer should not be starting. 1 deep ball per game is not going to keep the defense honest. It might look good on paper but it's not going to win the big games.
                          On a good note.....our defense looked pretty solid except we still need a better pass rush.
                          Our Offensive line needs a little better pass protection but other than that they looked pretty good.

We need that deep threat to bring this offense up to the level it can be. We have a great receiving core and a decent running game. We just need to open it up a little bit. Last year it looked like plummer was on a leash and shanny was pulling at the other end. We need to let this dog loose so he can do what he's supposed to do. Nobody is affraid of a dog who's on a leash. Let him loose and everyone will back off. If the dog don't bite......switch dogs.

Just my .02
                          Brah, first off its preseason man, they aren't gonna give you eveything and you gotta realize that we played basically our own coach in Kub so he knew what approach to take with us we still won and last week was the perfect demostration of how deadly our offense can be. Breath easy man, we got this!

Comment

• Originally posted by ddolak
                            The thing is, Marshall hasn't really played much. He's been hurt and hasn't shown what he can really do in a game.

1. Rod
                            2. Javon
                            3. Darius
                            4. Brandon
                            5. David

Devoe to Practice squad. Hixon to the IR.

I think Javon will lead the team in catches, Rod #2, and Scheffler will be 3rd.
                            Devoe cant be on anyones practice squad he used all of that up while with the ravens.

Comment

• Relax guys! What you saw on offense was a generic as it gets. Dinger will have a fresh set of wrinkles for the regular season. Any QB including Jake, needs an effective game plan.

Comment

• One thing that stands out to me in the first post is you say the "short passing game to keep from throwing picks".

We do have a short passing game but that is not at all the reason. The reason we throw short is so we can have long drives that wear down the defense and eat a lot of time off the clock. It has been like that for a long time and that part will never change while Shanny is here. It is just how he runs his version of the west coast offense. Also, they do not throw down field a lot, especially with starters, in preseason because that is just inviting to way bigger hits and injuries.

Also, if you are going to compare it to the offense last season and then continue to say how bad it is then maybe you should look where this team was ranked last season. I would say a top 5 offense is not a bad one. I really don't get where you are going with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X