Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offical Game Day Thread:Preseason Game 3: Texans vs. Broncos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JAWS
    I think both teams knew each others game just a bit too well and cancelled each other out. The game didn't have a real edge to it but a win is a win and that's another game under the belt.
    Agree JAWS - I think our offense looked very vanilla. which Mike uses alot in pre-season.


    Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

    Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

    Comment


    • How exactly is blitzing going to help our CB's not get "torched"? I would also imagine you are over exagerating since our starting D still has not given up anything past a field goal in the first 3 games. I didn't get to watch this one but I really don't see how it could be this huge problem like you are making it out to be.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jhns
        How exactly is blitzing going to help our CB's not get "torched"? I would also imagine you are over exagerating since our starting D still has not given up anything past a field goal in the first 3 games. I didn't get to watch this one but I really don't see how it could be this huge problem like you are making it out to be.
        its not a problem...

        but crabs on there other hand...

        now there is an evil specimen...



        overall a good game...

        our pass D is still a bit lacking...

        but even in half a game we turned them one dimensional....

        :idiot:

        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Italianmobstr7
          Darius will start the season as the #3. They held him out of the Titans game, because he's pretty much secured his position. This game, he didn't play much, but he did play. Kircus didn't look great today. I think Denver's final WR core will look like this
          1. R. Smith
          2. J. Walker
          3. D. Watts
          4. B. Marshall
          5. D. Kircus
          6. T. Devoe

          I think we'll keep 6 around this year, and actually Brian Clark or Charlie Adams have a chance to stick around too for kickoff returns.
          I am not buying this line at all. If Watts were the #3 then it holds to logic that he would have been on the field with the other starters last night. Any other game and I might buy it, but if Smith and Walker are starting then Watts should have been too...or does Shanny not know what he has in them? Sorry, that dog won't hunt.
          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

          Comment


          • Two things that concerned me. The Bells and getting through that D-line. Wasn't bad, but not impressed. Liked to see a 10-15 yard run, but o'well.

            Second thing that really bugged me was we settled for FG's when starting at their 20 and 45 yard line. Sure we ended up with a TD after that,sorry bogus penalty, but we did stall at the 14.

            Comment


            • Shanahan always runs mostly a vanilla offense in pre-season. Let's wait to see what we look like when it counts.


              Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

              Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

              Comment


              • Originally posted by anton1287
                its not a problem...

                but crabs on there other hand...

                now there is an evil specimen...



                overall a good game...

                our pass D is still a bit lacking...

                but even in half a game we turned them one dimensional....

                :idiot:

                HHAHAHAHA WHAT??? Something your not telling use....Wait, I don't want to know.
                President Cool

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
                  So the aged Eric Moulds, who, according to Sterling Sharpe, has lost a step, TORCHED D-Will but thankfully Carr missed him, and some dude named Lewis TORCHED Nique for that touchdown and Karl Paymah wasn't within ten yards of any receiver at the point of completion. I hope it was just preseason mix-ups. Otherwise we better go back to blitzing!
                  Well, we had a very similar play happen against us in the AFC Championship game, only it was Champ instead of Paymah. The rose done bloomed, too late for nipping in the bud. Some folks have discovered a tendency. But you're right, we need to figure something out on those pump fake (Rosenfels didn't even pump fake on this one) or double moves. We're getting all exposed on some of these.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by topscribe
                    Good grief. The Broncos have one so-so offensive game, and all the sudden they are having "offensive troubles." :brick:

                    They kicked butt before this game. Allllllllllll teams are going to have on and off weeks. Allllllllllllll of them. It just so happened they were playing a defense that was so familiar with them that the defense recognized the plays as they unfolded. The teams both run virtually the same offenses. They practice against that same offense all week.

                    Relax. The offense is the envy of many other teams. They have studs all around. And if did happen to be the same offense as last year, well they were 13-3, weren't they? They will be just fine.

                    -----


                    NO, you're WRONG, damnit!! can't you see that the sky is falling??!









                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

                    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                    Comment


                    • The one thing I liked about it was that it clearly exposed a weakness/shortcoming, and there shouldn't be anyone on the team that doesn't know there's work to be done there. I would hate for a situation to come up where a hurry-up/no-huddle was needed in a game that matters and we come out and perform like that. bleh.... Actually, the whole game for me was just... bleh.

                      What I didn't like about it was that the offensive first team left the game after that, and they probably didn't feel too good about themselves. Hopefully, the embarrassment works as a motivator here. Regardless, it must be fixed.

                      I understand that Shanny may have just wanted his starters to get some live game two-minute drill in, but the sense of urgency normally felt during that time is almost impossible to duplicate during the first drive of the 3rd quarter. Nevertheless, an offense running a no-huddle is trying to dictate the speed of the game, and aside from not getting it done I'm not so sure if we're a team that's geared for that (quick) type of play in the first place.

                      I'm SOOOO ready for the regular season!!! :brick:
                      Winter is Coming!

                      Comment


                      • there is absolutely nothing to worry about. The staters came out of the game healthy. The Broncos 1st team moved the ball well.

                        As mentioned before, this is the pre-season. Shanahan kept the playbook closed. He always does during the preseason. I liked what I saw in Walker, Plummer did not play his absolute best game, but oh well.

                        No one of major significance got hurt. The defense played well. Walker made some nice catches. All in all, not a bad game for the Broncos.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by broncosfan2616
                          Adams will get cut and Devoe will be on ps. Kircus will get kick returns and punts.
                          I'm pretty sure Devoe is no longer eligible for the PS. His time's up.
                          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by topscribe
                            Good grief. The Broncos have one so-so offensive game, and all the sudden they are having "offensive troubles." :brick:

                            They kicked butt before this game. Allllllllllll teams are going to have on and off weeks. Allllllllllllll of them. It just so happened they were playing a defense that was so familiar with them that the defense recognized the plays as they unfolded. The teams both run virtually the same offenses. They practice against that same offense all week.

                            Relax. The offense is the envy of many other teams. They have studs all around. And if did happen to be the same offense as last year, well they were 13-3, weren't they? They will be just fine.

                            -----
                            If this was the third game in a row (even though it is only preseason) then maybe you start wonder a little. But seeing in our first two games the offense did a good job I don't see this as a reason to panick, not that I would anyway.
                            John 11: 25-27

                            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                            Thanks Snk16

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RBDynasty
                              I'm pretty sure Devoe is no longer eligible for the PS. His time's up.
                              I think your right and it's sad cause he is a good reciever and I would like to keep him on the team but there aren't enough roster spots and there is a lot of competition at WR
                              President Cool

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dogfish
                                NO, you're WRONG, damnit!! can't you see that the sky is falling??!
                                Damn, I forgot my umbrella.

                                Seriously though, this thread is ridiculous. The Broncos aren't struggling at all and if teams are so quick to "catch on" to Shanahan then why do we ALWAYS have one of the best offenses in the league?

                                I personally would prefer to keep Plummer on a leash. After all, leashes prevent dogs from doing things the owners don't want and there are LOTS of things I don't want Plummer to do...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X