Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read this morning that Shanny did not use play action at all in order to put a little more pressure on Bronco QB's and Receivers. Play action is a key component in our offense, and with our smaller lineman one of the few ways we have to keep defenses honest.

Comment

• As has already been touched on a little...

You don't do anything in pre-season to "show your hand" when the regular season rolls around.

You run vanilla plays, and keep things simple, just to get everyone warmed up a bit, and see who you really want/need on your team. The ones that can't run "vanilla", sure aren't going to work when they're actually using a playbook.

This is pop-warner stuff, always is.

You keep your cards close to your chest for the REAL games...

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

• One thing I noticed about the "2 minute" drill....we passed every time, and each time it was to Rod Smith, who was more than covered and got clobbered a couple of times.

Plummer has to realize that this year there is more than one go-to guy in a crucial play. Rod won't be around forever. I know its instinct for a QB to look for his crucial target. From what I've seen, Scheffler, Walker, Bell are more than viable options. Of course, Scheffler blew coverage....

Well, either way, we need to work on that. A good reason for pre-season, I guess. They can re-play that tape over and over and over again to perfect their two minute drill...
        sigpic
        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
        -Sean Payton

Comment

• A few things to think about before anyone "panics" about last night's performance by the offense:

#1. Kubiak knew what we were doing as soon as the offense lined up last night. He knows our playbook cold and could counter everything we did.

#2. In three preseason games so far, neither Plummer nor Cutler has thrown a single INT. That's pretty darn good if you ask me.

#3. Except for Detroit, our starters put TDs on the board on offense.

#4. Our starting defense has yet to give up a touchdown to any of the opposing offenses - 2 drives vs Detroit, 2 quarters vs the Titans, and 2 1/2 quarters vs the Texans. I realize these teams are not offensive power-houses, but the Texans definitely have weapons. This is a pretty major stat in my book.

Overall, we still look like the dominant team in the west, IMO. Not only are our starters playing decent football right now, but we've shown decent depth at important skill positions (QB, RB, TE, WR,) and at the grinders (DL, OL). <- That is the most important thing for a Championship push!. :thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
            So the aged Eric Moulds, who, according to Sterling Sharpe, has lost a step, TORCHED D-Will but thankfully Carr missed him, and some dude named Lewis TORCHED Nique for that touchdown and Karl Paymah wasn't within ten yards of any receiver at the point of completion. I hope it was just preseason mix-ups. Otherwise we better go back to blitzing!
            Well, if you expect our cornerbacks to never get beat for touchdowns, I'd say your expectations are too high.

They'll all give up plays this season, even for touchdowns. And even Champ will be scored on. It's the nature or the game, especially since they league made illegal contact a "point of emphasis" a couple years back.

Anyway, I know it's no fun to watch the defense give up big plays. But they will happen from time to time. We just have to hope they don't happen too often and that our defense makes big plays in return.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe
              Good grief. The Broncos have one so-so offensive game, and all the sudden they are having "offensive troubles." :brick:

They kicked butt before this game. Allllllllllll teams are going to have on and off weeks. Allllllllllllll of them. It just so happened they were playing a defense that was so familiar with them that the defense recognized the plays as they unfolded. The teams both run virtually the same offenses. They practice against that same offense all week.

Relax. The offense is the envy of many other teams. They have studs all around. And if did happen to be the same offense as last year, well they were 13-3, weren't they? They will be just fine.

-----
              Now, there's a perspective I wasn't expecting.

After last week, everyone was riding the Jake train to the SB.

Now, he and the offense suck, and it's no big deal.

Gotta love the world you guys live in.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Javalon
                Well, if you expect our cornerbacks to never get beat for touchdowns, I'd say your expectations are too high.

They'll all give up plays this season, even for touchdowns. And even Champ will be scored on. It's the nature or the game, especially since they league made illegal contact a "point of emphasis" a couple years back.

Anyway, I know it's no fun to watch the defense give up big plays. But they will happen from time to time. We just have to hope they don't happen too often and that our defense makes big plays in return.
                and i hope we score a few points here and there...

that could perhaps prepel us toward victory...

perhaps...

:usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by hilife
                  HHAHAHAHA WHAT??? Something your not telling use....Wait, I don't want to know.
                  umm...

no you dont...

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                    Now, there's a perspective I wasn't expecting.

After last week, everyone was riding the Jake train to the SB.

Now, he and the offense suck, and it's no big deal.

Gotta love the world you guys live in.

It's ok mtnman...

Jake says chill....

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                      It's ok mtnman...

Jake says chill....

thats a wicked jake at the superbowl warm up pic!!!

love it...

:dance:

hit you up when i can!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                        It's ok mtnman...

Jake says chill....
                        do not forget Jakes replacement of the element
                        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco

THAT IS AWESOME MED!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                            Holy crap.. that one's even better...

:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe
                              Good grief. The Broncos have one so-so offensive game, and all the sudden they are having "offensive troubles." :brick:

They kicked butt before this game. Allllllllllll teams are going to have on and off weeks. Allllllllllllll of them. It just so happened they were playing a defense that was so familiar with them that the defense recognized the plays as they unfolded. The teams both run virtually the same offenses. They practice against that same offense all week.

Relax. The offense is the envy of many other teams. They have studs all around. And if did happen to be the same offense as last year, well they were 13-3, weren't they? They will be just fine.

-----
                              they looked like crap last nite

Comment

• Define struggles?

1 pre season game?

a series of games?

Losses?

Honestly, is it struggling if it is not a 35-21 victory every week?

Or is it just that some of you think its as easy as scoring in a vidoe game.

And does anyone really care?

Hell, I didn't even know the Broncos were playing yesterday. THAT's how much pre season matters.

But you all seem to differ on what 'struggles' mean. Therefore I conclude that the problem must be the the opinions, not the offense.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                                You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                                X