• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jared
    Define struggles?

1 pre season game?

a series of games?

Losses?

Honestly, is it struggling if it is not a 35-21 victory every week?

Or is it just that some of you think its as easy as scoring in a vidoe game.

And does anyone really care?

Hell, I didn't even know the Broncos were playing yesterday. THAT's how much pre season matters.

But you all seem to differ on what 'struggles' mean. Therefore I conclude that the problem must be the the opinions, not the offense.
    our d looked great,but our o was so so,preseson is fun to me,i like watching it

Comment

• Yea the offense didnt look so great, but hey its preseason so I wouldnt get to worked up about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared
        Define struggles?

1 pre season game?

a series of games?

Losses?

Honestly, is it struggling if it is not a 35-21 victory every week?

Or is it just that some of you think its as easy as scoring in a vidoe game.

And does anyone really care?

Hell, I didn't even know the Broncos were playing yesterday. THAT's how much pre season matters.

But you all seem to differ on what 'struggles' mean. Therefore I conclude that the problem must be the the opinions, not the offense.
        LOL, I only watched a bit of the game because I was flipping through channels at a friends house, if I hadn't been bored of watching whatever crap was on the SciFi channel, I never would have known we were playing at all.

That being said, we're screwed.

-Plummer only completed a couple of passes and most of them were luck.
        -Cutler clearly has a fumbling problem that will plague him for the rest of his career and even if he manages to get the ball cleanly from center, he'll only complete half of his passes.
        -Elam will be only be able to make FGs of 25 yds or less.
        -M.Bell can only get 2 yds a carry.
        -T.Bell will need three tries to score on short and goal (and it was probably luck that he scored at all).
        -The best RB on the team is C.Cobbs and he's only good against third string players.

In short, anything better than 0-16 will be a miracle. Shannahan will probably be fired because his players will all be on the sidelines arguing with him over playcalling and throwing their helmets around. Because of Cutler's fumbling problem our hopes of him being the franchise Qb of the future are shattered. We'll no doubt be at the bottom of the league, fighting the 49ers for the number 1 draft pick for years to come. Sure during the last ten years we've won more games, gained more yds on the ground and gained more total yds than any other team, but as we've all seen in this last preseason game, those days are behind us. The Texans exposed us for what we really are, a third rate team posing as one of the elite.

Only years of therapy will be able to help most of us recover from the disappointment of this upcoming season, some never will, their lives will just spiral down into the deepest darkest pits of dispair from which they will never escape. And then, as their lives finally mercifully come to an end, they'll look back and point to that fateful night of August 27, 2006 and know that they should have seen it coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
          So the aged Eric Moulds, who, according to Sterling Sharpe, has lost a step, TORCHED D-Will but thankfully Carr missed him, and some dude named Lewis TORCHED Nique for that touchdown and Karl Paymah wasn't within ten yards of any receiver at the point of completion. I hope it was just preseason mix-ups. Otherwise we better go back to blitzing!
          If we're thinking of the same play, actually, Carr threw a beautiful pass but Moulds was just a step behind. If that would have been AJ, it's a touchdown, easy. That was a great pass, just didn't quite connect. \
          Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDB
            I am not buying this line at all. If Watts were the #3 then it holds to logic that he would have been on the field with the other starters last night. Any other game and I might buy it, but if Smith and Walker are starting then Watts should have been too...or does Shanny not know what he has in them? Sorry, that dog won't hunt.
            They better figure out the #3 soon then.

Kirkus looked terrible last night. I would even consider not keeping him around if our other WR's weren't so terrible.

Injured or not, Marshall hasn't shown he can even contribute to the team, let alone be a #3.

Same old story for the Denver WR's.

Comment

• I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Our damn corners play WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too far off their man to really control the passing game. Champ, Foxworth, Paymah, hell even D-Will could play their man ALOT tighter and not have many worries. Our corners never seem to challenge any of the opposing WRs. Go back and look at the AFC Championship game. We didn't play tight coverage much at all, but when we did, the offense got NOTHING. Sterling Sharpe said that after D-Will gave up that huge cushion, Champ was in his hear telling him he needed to play tighter man coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Our damn corners play WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too far off their man to really control the passing game. Champ, Foxworth, Paymah, hell even D-Will could play their man ALOT tighter and not have many worries. Our corners never seem to challenge any of the opposing WRs. Go back and look at the AFC Championship game. We didn't play tight coverage much at all, but when we did, the offense got NOTHING. Sterling Sharpe said that after D-Will gave up that huge cushion, Champ was in his hear telling him he needed to play tighter man coverage.
                Welcome to 6 months ago.

Comment

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Our damn corners play WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too far off their man to really control the passing game. Champ, Foxworth, Paymah, hell even D-Will could play their man ALOT tighter and not have many worries. Our corners never seem to challenge any of the opposing WRs. Go back and look at the AFC Championship game. We didn't play tight coverage much at all, but when we did, the offense got NOTHING. Sterling Sharpe said that after D-Will gave up that huge cushion, Champ was in his hear telling him he needed to play tighter man coverage.
                  It is coyer worried about getting beat witha trick play and torched deep. IF and WHEN he lets go of this "CS" mentality our CB can play some real Football.

Comment

• Mikey stated in his press conferene not to read anything into Watts not playing.

He said he has been around and knows what he can do. He needed to see the others in game conditons as decisions have to be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRWIZ
                      Mikey stated in his press conferene not to read anything into Watts not playing.

He said he has been around and knows what he can do. He needed to see the others in game conditons as decisions have to be made.
                      So I suppose he wanted to see what Smith and Walker were like in game situations, huh? That doesn't make sense at all to me.

Watts has proven nothing up to now. I don't care how good he has been in practice, he needs to get out on the field and show that he can catch the ball in live action. Something which he has not done up to now. I am sure that he will be on the team, but I don't buy that he is #3.
                      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRWIZ
                        It is coyer worried about getting beat witha trick play and torched deep. IF and WHEN he lets go of this "CS" mentality our CB can play some real Football.
                        If Coyer wouldn't blitz all the damn time, we wouldn't give up a fraction of as many big plays as we have been giving up. Make the damn QB go through more reads, and stop making the opposing QB's job simple. I'll go back to the AFC Championship game. When we blitzed, we got embarrassed. When we dropped more guys into coverage, Pitt got nothing. How in the f*** can Coyer not realize this?

I know I'm getting a bit bent out of shape on this subject, but it p!sses me off when our great talent is wasted due to P!SS POOR DC. I can't wait until Shanahan realizes that Coyer is the weak link on the team, and gets rid of him.
                        Last edited by PLUMMERFAN16; 08-28-2006, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• You guys do realize how few big plays we gave up last season though right? We also had one of the top passing defenses in the league. It just isn't reflected from the overall yards against us. We also had about 150 more passes on us than any other defense in the league. It isn't really hard to figure out where the yards came from. If you look at all the other stats we are between 1-5 in all of them. Average yards per pass, oponent QB ratings, completion percent, and many others we where tops in the league. The fact that we where always ahead made other teams have to pass a lot more on us than on other teams.

I think you are all worrying about nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns
                            You guys do realize how few big plays we gave up last season though right? We also had one of the top passing defenses in the league. It just isn't reflected from the overall yards against us. We also had about 150 more passes on us than any other defense in the league. It isn't really hard to figure out where the yards came from. If you look at all the other stats we are between 1-5 in all of them. Average yards per pass, oponent QB ratings, completion percent, and many others we where tops in the league. The fact that we where always ahead made other teams have to pass a lot more on us than on other teams.

I think you are all worrying about nothing.
                            I thought we were ranked 29th in passing yards given up? Maybe I read that stat wrong last night?

Comment

• I concur with Jhns. =)

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

I thought we were ranked 29th in passing yards given up? Maybe I read that stat wrong last night?
                                Yeah in over all yards given up we where 29th I think it was. We also had about 50 passes more than any other defense on us. If you break it down to per pass we where way better than most any pass defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2005

33 more attempts on us than the next highest team with 613.

3rd best completion percent with 56.1

4th best yards per attempt with 6.25

17th in TD's against with 20

6 in ints with 20 - that can be because of so many attempts

4th in QB ratings against our defense with us giving up on average a 72.2 qb rating to the oponents

The total yards which is the only thing they take into account when comming up with that is not very telling in the real performance of a defense. You have to take into account how many more times people passed against us compared to some of the defenses that have a lot higher rating. There are a few teams with almost 200 less pass attempts against their defenses that rank higher than us soley from that alone. If you notice those are also some of the worst teams in the NFL. If a team is always behind then the teams that are playing them do not pass and therefore the total passing yards are not there.

Comment

Working...
                                X