• Show
Clear All

• we are gonna have to focus on playing good defense

cause our jake led awe-fense sucks
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
      I do not forget the good stuff, in fact I was cheering him on when he did toss it to Marsh for the score.

From that point on, he went into super-suck-mode, and pulled a game against the Browns (THE BROWNS!!!!!!) out by the skin of his teeth.

For you to step in at the end of the game with WTM, and start tossing around generalities (as you and he both did), about how happy we are that we almost lost, that we take some kind of sick joy in Jake smelling up the place, isn't accurate, not in the least. Especially not by me. I would love nothing more than for Jake to come out and throw for 400 and 5 TD's next week.

What I said about/to you may be out of line (and I will delete the last few posts now).
      I think your generalization about me "generalizing" ...is generalizing me and my comments for no reason.

Oh well.....we won...you can stay negative for a week, or contribute to these boards in a positive way...its your choice.

In case you haven't heard of it before, there is a way to be critical..its called constructive criticism. Try is some time. Its nice to do, you can still get your point across and stay positive at the same time.

Comment

• Yeah. He does. We're 5-1.

Sure, he hasn't played his best....but he has the rest of the season to prove the Cutlerites wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pathogen
          Eat it.

What a game by Jake Plummer.
          :nono: Wow
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorcust
            Nothing to get excited about.

But a win is a win is a win is a win.

He did some things that could have helped us lose, but several things he could did that did help us win.

Once he starts costing us games, I'll be concerned. Otherwise, go Broncos.
            Agreed!
            sigpic

Comment

Eat it.

What a game by Jake Plummer.
              Have you been watching the same game(s)?
              Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Comment

Yeah, sure. He did allow 2 interceptions....but at least he was willing to test his arm this game. Quite the improvement over last game.
                I'll give you that. But why does a 10 year veteran, in the 6th game of the season need to test his arm?

Our offense makes me sad

Comment

• I'm gonna try to keep everything in perspective.

First, and foremost, congratulations goes to the Broncos for starting another year 5-1.

Secondly, I'd like to comment on the game plan today. Throwing 25+ times in the 1st half? To be honest, while it surprised me, I think it was genious. Think about it.... Next week, INDY comes to Denver in a SUPER SHOWDOWN that is sure to be hyped more than neccessary. What is INDY's biggest weakness? Their rush defense. So, what does Shanahan do? Pass the ball. I think he does this to throw something at INDY's coaching staff to wonder about. I mean, we didn't run Tatum that much(when we did, he ran well, 100+ yards) and we gave him alot of breaks(see Mike Bell's increased play today).

I also think this was an effort to get Plummer going. And despite his two INTs and two or three near INTs, I think this helps him gain confidence (hopefully). He seemed to be enjoying it more today. Not to make execuses, but the wind was terrible. I saw passes change direction in mid air from both Plummer and Frye. In fact, if the wind was less crazy today, that deep route to Edwards would've been a TD instead of a Champ Bailey INT. Also, the deep catch by Walker probably would've been a Baxter INT as well. The wind played havoc on the passing game.

All of that said, the defense played well today. Dummerville (is that spelled right?) looks pretty good, but let's not get carried away just yet. Thought Sam Brandon played well too. Veal played well in Warren's absence.

Hopefully Lepsis and Warren are both okay, because we will need them against INDY. <---There I go, already hyping next weeks game.

On a totally different note, I will say that I have had two basketball scrimmages so far this year, with three more next week, and my team is improving. The first scrimmage we played horrible, kids forgetting offense, lackluster defense, and being my first scrimmage, it took a while for me to get comfortable. However, my second scrimmage, this past Friday, my team played alot better. Still have lots of work to do, but they got after it more on defense, outrebounded our opponent, and at times our offense looked unstoppable. Very proud of my guys, but still trying to become more consistent. I'll keep ya'll updated.

Okay, sorry for being :offtopic:

Go Broncos!
                  Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                  Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                  Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Breezer
                    As a Bronco fan, does Jake give you the confidence that he should?
                    Not really. But he's not exactly handing the other team a win so it doesnt matter.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosIllinois
                      I wasnt even born yet....but I was still a Bronco's fan
                      Well that's good, because you would have been sick to hear fans saying they hoped we missed the playoffs in '89, becase the city "coudn't handle" another playoff loss. That is just one of many examples over the years.
                      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• Anybody that is satisfied with the way Plummer played in this game should have their head examined. The team won...so I am happy.

But Plummer was awful. He should have had at least 4 INTs. This is unacceptable play from the QB position.
                        Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

• YES. I survived the Elway years , I am a survivor!
                          This is minor compared to that.
                          I think people have no patience these days.
                          Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 10-22-2006, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdmcCaff87
                            I know McNabb played horrible as well do we bewnch him???
                            Not even you can compare McNabb's ONE bad game today to Jake's 5 bad games.

One's an abberation.

Jake's making it a way of life.

sigpic

Comment

• Defense still has yet to score a point for us.

Comment

• Hmmmm let me think about that!!!

Uh NO!! :nono: :hammer:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X