X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Pathogen
    Yeah, sure. He did allow 2 interceptions....but at least he was willing to test his arm this game. Quite the improvement over last game.
    Well I don't think that really falls on Jake as much as is does Shanahan who calls the plays.

Leave a comment:

• RunYouOver
    replied
    Boo-hoo.

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    The Question is...

As a Bronco fan, does Jake give you the confidence that he should?

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by RunnersParadise
    wayy to mess up the defensive mojo
    Another thing, that I am not sure has been posted yet, is that Plummer and the Offense had the ball for over 37 minutes in this game, which HELPED the defense tremendously.

If the offense hadn't held the ball so much, then we might not have even been talking about the INT causing the D to lose the shutout.

The offense had drives of: 6, 10, 12, 9, 11 and 9 plays in length. They had shorter ones too, but those were the sustained drives they had that helped keep our D off the field.

It was a team win, but another GREAT job by the defense.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco4l1fe
    replied
    Originally posted by watchthemiddle
    Hey is he gets alllll the blame for a lose, you have to blame him for a win also.

37-12...thanks Jake.
    Ummmmmmmmm no....I have been saying it all along most of the wins are from our defense...Jake is yet to impress.

Leave a comment:

• davidswaby
    replied
    Originally posted by bleedbluorange
    You must be a big time Plummer fan. I hate the streak is over. I'd prefer someone atleast go 60 yards against our D for the streak. Plummer took care of that.

I do belive that Plummer played like crap today (for the most part) and I am angry about the interception! However this was not a Plummer Bashing Thread and I would appreciate if you wouldn't turn it into one!

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    I do not forget the good stuff, in fact I was cheering him on when he did toss it to Marsh for the score.

From that point on, he went into super-suck-mode, and pulled a game against the Browns (THE BROWNS!!!!!!) out by the skin of his teeth.

For you to step in at the end of the game with WTM, and start tossing around generalities (as you and he both did), about how happy we are that we almost lost, that we take some kind of sick joy in Jake smelling up the place, isn't accurate, not in the least. Especially not by me. I would love nothing more than for Jake to come out and throw for 400 and 5 TD's next week.

What I said about/to you may be out of line (and I will delete the last few posts now).
    I don't hear any of that mentioned during the game, or at the near end. Just that "he sucks" and a bunch of crap about that. From a bunch of people.

I'm not saying YOU take in watching Jake screw up. Just the people who were all:

Jake threw another pick wooohooo!

Don't worry Jake, you'll complete a pass to the Browns next time.

etc etc.

That's just stupid, IMO.

Where as exactly did I generalize a large group of people? I looked through my posts in this thread and I'm not seeing that. I just responded to the individuals who responded to me.

All I was saying is Jake was not as bad as people made him out to be. That doesn't mean he was lights out great. That just means he wasn't the detriment that several people referred to him as. Why do we have to live in absolutes? He played mediocre. Not game-losing, not HOFesque, he played mediocre and made some mistakes. With those mistakes, he made some plays that helped us win, and I like to remind some people he isn't the all-dud people like to make him out to be.

Leave a comment:

• Pathogen
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    That wasn't a particularly good game by Jake. When a qb throws two ints one of which leads to a score by the oppositions I would say that's very good game. Had Jake not thrown that second pick I would lean more to saying he had good game.
    Yeah, sure. He did allow 2 interceptions....but at least he was willing to test his arm this game. Quite the improvement over last game.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoABQ
    Maybe you should try another team to be your favorite one that scores alot of point but doesn't win games :hammer:

It's not your place to tell anyone who they should root for.

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied
    Eat it.

What a game by Jake Plummer.
    Not sure if you really mean this, or if this was setting the ball for someone to spike it, but...

Jake played well at times, but didn't play great by any means. His passer rating in both the first and second half was around 52, which means he lowered his passer rating for the season.

Don't get me wrong, I think he made some great throws, both short and downfield, and had some good runs, and was under a great deal of pass rush pressure throughout the game, but he also came close to 5 or more picks. The one where the DB hurt his knee could have been picked, and then the two late where the db dropped one and when Javon knocked another away.

So, it was a mixed bag. It is possible that the wind was a factor, as a lot of Frye's passes were also offline and nearly picked, but that is hard to say.

Whatever the causes, it was by no means a great day by Plummer, but it was a win, and once again he moved the offense enough to put points on the board and let the defense shut down the opponent.

The other thing the O did better this game was longer drives and better time of possession, which helped the D a bunch.

Leave a comment:

• AntiSteeler
    replied
    It sure is falling in Baltimore, well, I best prepare for 4-12 Baltimore, haha, Losing streak.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Eat it.

What a game by Jake Plummer.
    That wasn't a particularly good game by Jake. When a qb throws two ints one of which leads to a score by the oppositions I would say that's very good game. Had Jake not thrown that second pick I would lean more to saying he had good game.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by Summerz
    You never would have survived the Elway years LOL!
    Ain't that the truth. We all suffered through major bad times and major good times with John. Some of these younger posters don't have a clue.

Originally posted by broncsx3
    Eh, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. I think the majority of us feel otherwise.
    Don't you dare lump some of us into your "majority"

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
    I would just hit the delete button in the entire GD forum.

Start from scratch.
    If only it were that easy WTM.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Originally posted by broncsx3
    Eh, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. I think the majority of us feel otherwise.
    After being a fan for 30 years, I'm sure fans have been divided and still are, does it scare me No.

Leave a comment:

• Breezer
    replied
    Originally posted by DwnWith16UpWit6
    damn... if you got excited by Jake this game then you got some problems.. he didnt look really efficient to me....
    Exactly, he was very medicre as he has been all year. Come on Jake, get with it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X