X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like that BroncoManiac 69...

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
    Ain't that the truth. We all suffered through major bad times and major good times with John. Some of these younger posters don't have a clue.

Don't you dare lump some of us into your "majority"

If only it were that easy WTM.
    You're right about that...The Broncos certainly had more than their fair share of UGLY wins during the Elway era; there were times you thought you were looking at baseball scores. Bottom line is we won!

Comment

• This is the first season in all my years as a Bronco fan that I have witnessed so much negativity against our winning team. It is truly amazing how the Plummer/Cutler debate is so heated.

I am very happy to be 5-1. I am very happy with the Broncos as a TEAM. As a WHOLE UNIT.

I'm so happy I could clap my hands. :clap:

I'm so happy I could stomp my feet. um....... can't find that smiley.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• You're right about the "pass blocking" in the pocket, but I don't think the whole blame goes to the line.

First of all, Lepsis was out.

Secondly, how many times did we see Jake on a roll out, only to have someone right in his face? I don't think this is an accident.

I think most of the season so far has shown us that opposing teams will game plan to keep Plummer in the pocket more. The reason? It's simple, Jake is very weak if he has to make multiple reads in the pocket.

Our line can give you the 3-5 seconds you need to complete a pass from the pocket.

However, all the protection in the world won't make up for Jake's inability to perform CONSISTENTLY from the pocket.

This game plan has worked with every team we've played so far. The only reason it hasn't cost us is the dominating defensive play.

A defense that gives up 20 points or less is considered a strong defense in the NFL. Do you realize that if our defense was playing at this accepted level, that we would have lost every game this year?

Anyways, the O-line is doing pretty well. It's just that Jake can't play in the pocket.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ROCKIES
          You're right about that...The Broncos certainly had more than their fair share of UGLY wins during the Elway era; there were times you thought you were looking at a baseball scores. Bottom line is we won!
          I wonder what would've happened if this board was around when the 49'ers vs Broncos superbowl was on.

Can you say nuclear bomb!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
            If you go back and read it, after INT-2, people were calling for Cutler.... when we still had a decent lead.

As much as I may like the kid, that is NOT the time to put him in there. You let the vet go out and close the game. You don't pin the game on a rookie, when you have a lead, and teh other team has momentum.

And while I see your point about being involved ingetting us the points and lead we did have. A 2/1 - TO/TD ratio cannot keep continuing, it just can't. And it's only natural that some people are going to focus on that, it's a problem, a big one, and HAS to be addressed.

Best to do that in a game vs a crap team than next week when we are really going to have our hands full.
            He has had issues, no doubt.

I'm just waiting until his ineffectiveness starts costing us games, until then, him contributing to plays that helped us win is fine by me. Obviously we have different expectations.

The Colts, The Steelers, the Seahawks? Those are tests, and if Jake's poor play costs us games. I would be more inclined to a replacement that would keep us from losing, rather than a QB who isn't costing us games.

We'll see if Jake is up to the task. If not, Shanahan will put Cutler in provided he sees that Cutler gives them a better shot at preventing losses and winning. This will only happen, IMO, when Shanahan sees Jake as someone who keeps the team from winning and Cutler as someone who can remedy that.
            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

• Originally posted by PurdueBronc
              I know no one wants to hear criticism about their QB, but Plummer is not playing to the level a 10 year vet should be playing at. He currently has 4 TDs and 7 INT, and although all of the offensive woes should not be attributed to Plummer, he is the leader. And as the leader, he is expected to play at a higher level and lead by example. Up to this point he has been a hinderance to the offense, and if he can not turn it around against potential AFC playoff teams (INDY and PITT, more so INDY), then it may be time to look at cutler.

The D has been the reason for our wins thus far, but they will most likely not be able to perform at this high of a level the entire season and then the playoffs.

I want Plummer to do well, but I care more about the team doing well, and thus have taken my orange glasses off, and am becoming worried at what I have witnessed from our veteran. Just my :2cents: .
              Great post! cp's coming.
              sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

• "YEAH!!! GO BRONCOS, I have now converted to Broncology....".....Bull....

Comment

• Our defense rocks!

What a game by Elvis! If Denver gets that kind of pressure against Indy next week I think they will get the win.
                  Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                    I wonder what would've happened if this board was around when the 49'ers vs Broncos superbowl was on.

LMAO! These boards would have exploded with nuclear force that is for sure. ROF!
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Breezer
                      As a Bronco fan, does Jake give you the confidence that he should?

i am pretty confindent his inept play will evenually cost us a big game...when it really counts
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

If Jake wasn't scaring us all week in and week out would we all be complaining? NO
                        No player on the team makes you more nervouse than Jake. I like Jake. He seems like a good guy, but he just isn't doing the job that is expected. To tell you the truth, I would rather see Griese in there.
                        If you love NFL stats and history
                        pro-football-reference.com
                        jt-sw.com/football

Comment

• No, but he did okay enough to win, though nearly giving the Browns enough to comeback, if they were a top team...we would likely be 4-2, however I am not for starting Cutler against the Colts, Jake should get the nod and if he stinks it up...the Pittsburgh game would be a good start for him... But I have no faith in Plummer, I never will...espcially after his play so far this season.

Comment

• This was a strange, "Only pull out enough to win" game. Like against Oakland, Denver could have scored a lot more on the Browns than they did. After that drive to set up the missed field goal in the middle of the 3rd quarter, you can tell that Shanny and 'Dinger went extremely conservative. Mike/Tatum run on 1st and 2nd down, Plummer pass on 3rd. Rinse and repeat.

I think I'm going to agree with diesel on this one, Shanny has circled Indy on his calendar. Tater got his rest, and we didn't show anything offensively that we haven't already run for the past two weeks. The decision to pass was very interesting, also. Maybe Mort actually has something with this Cutler rumor, and Shanny wants to see if Jake can win games. Did he prove he can? I think so. Those three scoring drives were very, very good. Jake did a good job of getting the ball to both Javon and Rod this week. Not many passes over 15 yards were effective because of the wind today. Look at Bailey's pick and you'll see what I'm talking about. All and all a good win, it just got sloppy there towards the end.

Bring on Indy, I'm ready.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

But we are facing the Colts offense which isn't something to be looking overlooking, imo we have a better chance at beating the Colts with Plummer. Since he did play in the games we've played the Colts in the years past.
                              Ya. I was watching them in the 2nd half. Manning was lighting it up......Then I go and listen in on the Broncos game.....17-0.....Then Jake fires off another int. and 2 more that should have been picked.

Guess it fired me up knowing The Colts are coming to town next week.
                              sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

• Well, I went to get some stats off of NFL.com and Jake has now dropped past the TOP 30 mark in quarterback ratings.

This much I have figured out.

Opponents combined record: 18-18
                                Average Points per game:13.3

The meat of the schedule is getting ready to hit. Do we continue with a QB whose rating drops off the table, or do we swictch to a rookie whose never thrown a pass in the NFL?

At this time, it appears it wouldn't make any difference. The Broncs have a very managable game plan, and I even being a "homer" now can truly say Cutler would do just as good a job if not better than Jake. Jake's TD to Int Ratio is 1-2 and his completion % is around 51.

I think Cutler can pump some life into the offense that it doesn't have. He's has good leadership skills and 52 other GOOD football players backing him up.
                                Last edited by vandyman53; 10-22-2006, 05:35 PM.
                                As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Working...
                                X