• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WABronco
    BRILLIANT! CP to ya...

Now if wanna crown his ass, crown it!

Er....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dream
      Hate to call you out, but if you understood this, you wouldn't attribute a team's record to just one player.

First of all, I throw out Plummers record as a starter just to get under peoples skin.

Second, the QB always has his record as a "starter" posted throughout his career.

Third, I do understand it's a TEAM game and you win and lose as a team.

Fourth, is this what you were talking about or am I way off track??

Comment

• You see Summerz, people don't expect perfection -- but they do expect better than what Jake is doing right now.

As far as what will happen, I don't know. There are plenty of other sports boards, even Broncos boards I can post at to get my fix. I doubt this site would ever get shut down. I think the arguing will stop as soon as Jay is quarterback, but as soon as he starts having bad games, people will be making posts hoping that Griese is on Shanahan's speed dial.

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel51
          I'll try not to be so long winded.....

But, let me play devil's advocate here(boy I don't like the sound of that)

If Shanahan does switch to Cutler during this season, what will this board turn into?

Will Cutler lovers/Plummer haters rub it into fellow Bronco fans?

If Cutler plays poorly, will Plummer lovers(I don't think anyone hates Cutler yet) bash Cutler lovers/Plummer haters for the move?

If Plummer wins Super Bowl does the hate for him end? Does it?

If Cutler plays better than Plummer but for reasons unkown, the Broncos fade, will he be hated as well?

What is going to happen on this board?

Will members leave?

Will members be banned?

Will the board shut down entirely like the Miami Dolphin board?

Just curious where the hate is going to wind up.
          Miami's board shut down? Guess I could see why though.

One thing is for sure, some questions will be answered when Cutler does play. Honestly, as of today, I think Cutler should start. If Jake continues to start, then I hope I am wrong, and he turns it around, plays solid, and does consistant game managing especially going into the playoffs.

The Broncos winning is far more important to me than, having what I said as being right. Not all are willing to eat crow though.
          sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

• Originally posted by watchthemiddle
            First of all, I throw out Plummers record as a starter just to get under peoples skin.

Second, the QB always has his record as a "starter" posted throughout his career.

Third, I do understand it's a TEAM game and you win and lose as a team.

Fourth, is this what you were talking about or am I way off track??
            It does get under peoples skin, and it's really bothersome. A lot of the "hate" for Jake would stop if a lot of people who support him would just be reasonable about it. Not saying that those who blatantly go out of their way to bash him are reasonable, but it'd help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pathogen
              Yeah, sure. He did allow 2 interceptions....but at least he was willing to test his arm this game. Quite the improvement over last game.
              shanahan had to crack open the play book a wee bit to prep for the colts. you be the judge whether our offense is ready to compete with the dolts.
              Go Bears!

Comment

• After watching the Colts first half today against Washington I think we will do fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarJ
                  Miami's board shut down? Guess I could see why though.
                  Just so that I am not misunderstood on this;

They had a message board connected to their NFL site, just like this, but they no longer do because the behavior of the members.

They have a Miami Dolphins message board for fans, but if I understand correctly, its much like our Orange Mane.
                  Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                  Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                  Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

• Emancipator will pull for and support the Broncos.

When Jay starts, that means Shanny made the decision and feels he is best for the team.

Right now Shanny believes Jake is the best for his team.

I don't care if WTM was the starting QB for the Broncos he had better win games.
                    That's what I care about. 5-1 baby.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

• The thought that people should be divided among quarterback lines instead of united behind one team is the reason we have so many stupid threads on this forum.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dream
                        It does get under peoples skin, and it's really bothersome. A lot of the "hate" for Jake would stop if a lot of people who support him would just be reasonable about it. Not saying that those who blatantly go out of their way to bash him are reasonable, but it'd help.

On the flip side, alot of the dislike for Jay before he has even taken a snap would stop if the "Jaysters" were not so over the top all of the time.

Also, its bothersome to come on here and see all the "hate" for a Bronco player. I can't speak for everyone else, but sometimes I do go over the top in my support for Jake just because there is sooooo many trolls, threads, and negativity around on a constant basis that if they would all be REASONABLE about their dislike in Jake the supporters wouldn't be so blatantly supportive of him.

If one side is over the top its a snow ball effect. It will never change because there will always be a newbie coming on here just to stir the pot in one way or the other.

The thing that most of us "veterans" need to do is recognize the blatant agenda's from one side or the other and cut them off. Problem with that is, there are a few "veterans" who come on here and all they can talk about or are associated with is Jake/Jay battles.

Comment

• Roll eyes.............Damn we are 5-1.........guess a division leading season is not acceptable to everyone? Good God just support the team and quit the whinning.

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho
                            oh ...two ints with a close possible three more that should have been ..is playing better then last week....

note to you noob.....jake didnt allow two ints , jake gave them two ints and almost three more...jake did nothing special today...a low 50's passer rating...very eratic accuracy....in fact jake pretty much sucked again
                            Hmm, I didn't know that "almost Ints" count now. Is this the rule that was created after last year when he didn't throw any for so long and we all had to hear about how lucky he was and how he "should" have been picked off so many times? DBs drop ints all the time, generally they're DBs because they can't catch in the first place. If you're going to start counting "almost," then we should count the pass to Rod in the endzone as an "almost TD," or does it not work that way?

Now, I'm not saying that he played great or anything because he didn't, but you can't count "almost ints," I don't care how much you hate the guy. The wind was gusting which hurts the QB's accuracy and let's face it, Jake's accuracy hasn't been great in the ideal conditions this year. He did some good and some bad, about par for the course, really. Going with a pass heavy game in wind and rain is sort of an odd choice, but he played better than Frye and led us on the drives we needed to win the game. And that's all that matters.

Incidentally, you only need one period at the end of your sentences, the "..." is really annoying. I always feel like I'm listening to you mumble or something when I read your posts.

Comment

• Jake played an average game at best, often awful. He is lucky he didn't have more ints. Eat it? *lmao* Please...

I can't wait until we have a non-mediocre qb again. People praising sub-par play is disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncsx3
                                No thanks, I'll stick with the team I've loved my whole life.

But when someone comes on at says that a QB throwing for 200 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs... trying to throw 3 more ints... and completing less then 50% of his passes against one of the worst defenses in the NFL is "proving all the naysayers wrong" I have to point out how .. well... dumb that is.

The Broncos won, again, inspite of Plummer not because of him. Glad the Broncos won... but as a Broncos fan my season aspirations are more then beating the Cleveland Browns. Clearly you, a true Broncos fan, are satisfied with that.
                                You are exaggerating his "potential" interceptions. I agree he had a bad game, but support the guy. You claim to be a Bronco fan yet hate the leader of our offense on a winning team. You probably wanted to bench Bailey and Lynch after their first seasons too. Even if you deny it I won't believe you. You have no credibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X