Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread: Week 9 2006 Broncs vs Steelers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by seanlust
    Well a couple of weeks ago most of us were talking about how great the Broncos defense is. Can you actually say that after these last 2 games against quality opponents?

    I realize we came up with the big turnovers on defense, but you certainly can't expect that week after week.

    But I'll take the win.

    GO BRONCS!!!!!
    The Bronco's defense has allowed less points than anyone. You've got to expect other teams to score. My only concern in regards to the defense is everyone that went down today. I hope none of them are serious.


    Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

    Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

    Comment


    • Great game broncos!!...and I'm sorry for thinking we would probably lose this one.....please accept my apologies
      My 3 favorite teams:
      1.The Denver Broncos
      2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
      3.Any team who plays Michigan

      Comment


      • Go Curome Cox. Boo Yah. One of the many players of the game in my opinion. And Champ Bailey, and Darrent Williams, and Jake Plummer, and Javon Walker, and the Entire Team.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • I totally agree. But they have given up a chunk of yards the last couple of weeks against quality teams. The last time I checked they will be playing quality teams if and when they make the playoffs. I'm sure Shanny is happy with the win, but at the same time he can't be overly thrilled.

          I dont expect them to shut teams out, but giving up nearly 1000 yards in offense the last 2 games has to be a concern.

          Originally posted by Denver Native
          The Bronco's defense has allowed less points than anyone. You've got to expect other teams to score. My only concern in regards to the defense is everyone that went down today. I hope none of them are serious.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by seanlust
            I totally agree. But they have given up a chunk of yards the last couple of weeks against quality teams. The last time I checked they will be playing quality teams if and when they make the playoffs. I'm sure Shanny is happy with the win, but at the same time he can't be overly thrilled.

            I dont expect them to shut teams out, but giving up nearly 1000 yards in offense the last 2 games has to be a concern.
            Yes, they have given up alot of yards, but guess all that counts is to keep the other team out of the endzone.


            Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

            Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

            Comment


            • you are correct. I shouldn't get caught up in the "numbers/stats" game.

              I still would like them to tighten up a bit. And that all starts up front with the D line.

              Originally posted by Denver Native
              Yes, they have given up alot of yards, but guess all that counts is to keep the other team out of the endzone.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by seanlust
                you are correct. I shouldn't get caught up in the "numbers/stats" game.

                I still would like them to tighten up a bit. And that all starts up front with the D line.
                I think what has really hurt us the past two weeks is the "no huddle" offense. Hope the other teams we have to play yet don't start using that.


                Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

                Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

                Comment


                • Ugly Win

                  Originally posted by Denver Native
                  The Bronco's defense has allowed less points than anyone. You've got to expect other teams to score. My only concern in regards to the defense is everyone that went down today. I hope none of them are serious.
                  We will all take the win, but you are correct. The defense is somewhat of a paper tiger. No rushing capability, and the secondary got shredded for the second week in a row. When you give up 500 yards, your defense is not good. Thank you Jake for getting our tail ends out of the fire.

                  I think it is a good time for Shanahan to start looking at his defensive coordinator, because the front line was a joke and so was the middle secondary... We got lucky and only because Jake was hot today.

                  Comment


                  • I missed today's game because I had to work in Colo. Springs where there aren't any TV in the building.... :brick:

                    I went to the Mongolian buffet and found out we won!
                    XBL: The1Executioner

                    Comment


                    • Stats are facts..

                      Originally posted by seanlust
                      you are correct. I shouldn't get caught up in the "numbers/stats" game.

                      I still would like them to tighten up a bit. And that all starts up front with the D line.
                      If we don't get caught up in the stats game, the San Diego Chargers are going to hand us our heads. We got out played by a team with a 2 and 5 record, and only won because of the turnovers. That is not going to happen against SD.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Duke
                        If we don't get caught up in the stats game, the San Diego Chargers are going to hand us our heads. We got out played by a team with a 2 and 5 record, and only won because of the turnovers. That is not going to happen against SD.
                        Injuries did not help the situation. Losing Ian Gold today early was a big loss.


                        Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

                        Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

                        Comment


                        • Was the win worth the price

                          I know that in a football game things are uncertain but still todays victory came at a high price. Though im glad we won still loosing good players will come to haunt us. This puts even more pressure hopefully our back ups can do the job. As well a speedy recovery to all of our players that got hurt duing this game
                          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

                          Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X