Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread:Week 13 2006 Seahawks vs Broncos (dedicated to BroncoFanCam)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tnedator
    I disagree about Cutler looking good. He looked like a shaky rookie that threw 2 picks that coudl have easily been 4. He missed other receivers badly.

Yes he did not play well statistically. But isn't it good to see a QB with good mechanics. A QB that will learn from his mistakes. A QB who can throw a tight spiral. A QB that will get better with every game and a rookie who is getting his nerves and mistakes out now.

HOWEVER, once again the line did a horrible job of pass blocking, so it wasn't ideal pocket conditions for a rookie to play his first game under.

Give Seattle credit, they have a very good pass rush with Benard, Wistrom, Peterson and Tatupu.

I agree that he will only get better. While it might be a while (I hope not) before we see Jay tear up first string defenses the way he tore up second and third string defenses in preseason, the kid should only get better from here, and has the potential to be great.

Tatum looked great and his injury probably hurt us more in this stretch where we lost three of the previous five games (prior to last night) than any other factor. Mike Bell just is not ready for prime time, as they say.

I think it is too early to say whether it is time to swap Rod and Marshall at this point. No question Marshall had a great run, but what we can't see is if Marshall is consistantly getting open and what he is or isn't doing to support the run game. The coaches have the benefit of the high endzone camera film to see things that we never really get a chance to see.

I think it is time to move with Marshall. The kid has got skills and Shanny has to maximize them. I like Rod and I think he is HOF material, but he has seen better days and this team needs to move forward and not rely on the past. That is the problem many people on this board, they don't have a realistic vision for the future. Cutler + Walker+ Marshall could equal great things.

As they have been most of the year. However, the other factor is that since we can't generate a pass rush, when teams decide to sit back and simply take what we give them, and not rush throws, they tend to pick the Broncos defense apart.

Yep, this is the most important thing.
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
      http://www.robyardman.com/graphics/b...MarshallTD.wmv

theres the link I guess it was typed out wrong?
      Fixed the problem. URL was wrong. Enjoy...

Comment

• It just looks like Elam is in pain from the start. Now I know why he's the kicker

Comment

• IMHO I think it WAS for Jason to go into the endzone , It looks like he just pulled up lame.

:salute:

sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE

Thanks for the sig VULCAN
          R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

Comment

• Al Wilson info?

Sorry if there is a post about this but I may have overlooked and was at the var w/ no sound watching the game...what's the deal w/ him? ok?

Side note, we lost a lot of trying to win the game when he went out. The only thing that got us back as BM nice pass/run for a TD, which was lucky (for Jay), but really nice.

Comment

• I feel like the Giants.

We scored to quick, lol. I blame this loss on BM.-totally joking! But living in NJ and all I hear about is the Jets or Giants, the end result was simular...we just scored to quick-and for an O that struggles!!! We can't get a break! lol

Comment

• Why

The Bronco defense was confusing Hasselback the whole first, but in the second half the moment stop and Seattle had more success. Yes Al injury hurt, but was not the reason (play call).

The offense woes continune. It will not matter who you put in as quarterback, they are both good. Playcall and/or execution just not working.

I think the coaches need to have without Shanahan. The assitances are letting Shananhan, the players, Bowlen and the fans down.

Comment

• Originally posted by WinderS
                  The Bronco defense was confusing Hasselback the whole first, but in the second half the moment stop and Seattle had more success. Yes Al injury hurt, but was not the reason (play call).

The offense woes continune. It will not matter who you put in as quarterback, they are both good. Playcall and/or execution just not working.

I think the coaches need to have without Shanahan. The assitances are letting Shananhan, the players, Bowlen and the fans down.

This post couldn't be added to the nearly 500 relevant threads?

You had to start a new thread?

Comment

• HAHAHA - I actually woke up feeling the same way, comparing the two games, its was so relieveing to see this post

The Kiwanuka interception then fumble, the headbutt penalty, question is, how would you relate our season to the Giants'?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by WABronco
                      That no look toss was HOT...

That is was. But it was still an incredibly stupid play, from a strategic point of view. Let alone the fact that it might've ended Elam's season, what did we stand to gain? Two yards on the FG attempt? We picked up the first down. So what? If there had been time on the clock enough to run 3 more passing plays (i.e. shots at the end zone) and then kick a FG for real... then, sure.

But this play pretty much summed up the Broncos' night (and season) for me.

:doh:
                      sigpic
                      They're your teammates, now.
                      Best of luck, TT!
                      ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by // / yardo
                        Here is Jason Elams field goal fake. Someone asked if it could be posted.

LINK

------------

Jay did a good job today and got that first game out of the way. He'll get to sit down with Shanahan this week and get some things understood. We knew he would make some mistakes but overall he did well for being a rookie in his first game. He showed his poise and the ability to stand in the pocket. He also showed he can scramble and how insane his arm is when he does throw it.

One of the things that got to me in this game was the defensive holding call on Veal. If anything got to me it was that call. That one call changed the game at a point where we could have gotten the ball back.

Anyway, the games is over, it is what it is and now it's time to look at San Diego. We gave them that game in the 4th quarter so as bad as things seem I think we have a chance to upset em.

Go Broncos...

Agreed. That was agonizing. Normally a call like that would've had me screaming at the TV. All I could do last night, though, was sit with my head in my hands. It was that kind of night.
                        sigpic
                        They're your teammates, now.
                        Best of luck, TT!
                        ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• he was getting blocked 10 yards upfield by two lineman,how was he holding?
                          If you look at it again, Spencer's shirt was being pulled, I personally wonder if it should of been called, but it happened.

Comment

• well, if that's true, he was most likely holding his shirt to prevent himself from falling, not to take the guy out of the play. it obviously had no impact on the play and should not have been called since the guy he was holding wasn't trying to get in the play, he was going in the opposite direction

Comment

• I am still exicted, how about you?

Who is still pumped for next week? I sure am. The way i see it is this, Cutler played as expected, but worse than we had hoped (and he could have even been worse). As a Broncos fan i would not want this season to go any other way given the circumstances, here are my reasons:

People are now saying "i bet Plummer would have won that game", all i can say is how many times have we said " i know cutler would have won that game." What goes around come around, and what has happened, happened.

They way i feel now is if we make the playoffs, great! However, if we do not end up making them, thats fine. I am more excited to see Cutler play and lose, then Plummer win some, and lose in the playoffs (i think Plummer can win, in the post season, but not with the state our team is in now).

Cutler will have to make his first start sometime, whether it was yesterday or next year, and there is no better experience than game time experience.

Anyway, I am much more excited to see Cutler play and probably lose, then to see Plummer play and probably win, and blow it in the playoffs. I would rather Jay obtain his experience now, and be ready for next season (who knows we still could make the playoffs). So when next week comes around, i will be cheering as hard as ever, for our team.

I don't know, i am still just as happy to be a Bronco fan, even now, and accept that our team is re-building. Rather then expect the best, and become aggravated when our team, as a whole, under performs. Don't get me wrong i am still hoping for the best, and loving every chance i get to watch our team play. So, lets break this feeling of gloom and doom, and stop playing the blame game. We have plenty of talent of this team, and i still believe that shanny can utilize it.

Go Broncos.

Comment

• Relate-pretty much the same. a lot of talent, not enough production, although, we have the adv. of not throwing the coach under the bus after every lose(players talking to the media)-well, we(some ppl) did that to Jake so I guess the Giants and Broncos will play in the "Superbowl Blame Game" this yr. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X