X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dotst View Post

Really dont know what youre smoking. You guys are a joke

also this play calling isnt the best. do we not have a single play that can get us a few yards? too many deep balls this game
    Just let the season play out and see if you agree later on in the year but no Lock is not the answer, not long term no.
    :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

This....Lock is not the answer enough said. I have seen enough to think that we should not invest long term in the guy. Key word there before people bash me is long term. I don't think Lock is a franchise Qb. As the season goes on i expect more of you to come to the realization as well if you haven't already.
      After 7 starts winning 5 games and losing 2 he is not the answer. Int problem is common with young qbs. Qb also definitely takes alot longer to develop good thing for football when Manning setts the rookie int record and isn't given up on him.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• I blame the playalling more than I do Lock. Those 2 final possessions the Broncos had they shouldn't have thrown deep. Last one, they shouldn't have even considered throwing on 1st down. Run the ball since Lindsay was having a day to run out the clock.
        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• Lock almost blew it for us today! Jury is still out on him but no excuses for those back to back turnovers!

Comment

• The recievers did not help Lock out at all today. How can you say Lock isn't the answer when a guy like Josh allen looked straight trash his first year is not being talked about in the mvp race
            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• I'm not defending Lock's decisions on those throws, but if his receivers had held onto balls earlier in the game, then those types of passes wouldn't have even been thrown.

Comment

• Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
                Sadly, Lock is not the answer
                What is with the negativity after a win? How can you know this? It’s his first game back and he’s missing his top 2 targets. Lock just went into New England and beat Belichick. That’s impressive even if we didn’t get any TDs.

The objective is to score more than your opponent and we did. Yes we have a lot to work on, but it could be a lot worse. We’re 2-3, played the Steelers tough and the Titans, both of which are very good teams. Lost to Tampa while starting Jeff Driskel and beat a bad Jets team. This team is very underrated, I’d say.

Either way, it’s way too soon to tell if Lock is the guy. He’s still above .500 on a team that has struggled to even get to .500 lately. I think Lock will be good as long as we give him proper time to develop.

Go Broncos!
                Last edited by Megalodon30; 10-18-2020, 02:14 PM.
                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                  I blame the playalling more than I do Lock. Those 2 final possessions the Broncos had they shouldn't have thrown deep. Last one, they shouldn't have even considered throwing on 1st down. Run the ball since Lindsay was having a day to run out the clock.
                  I didn't like how it seemed like Shurmur was sending every one deep on some plays where was the quick short routes
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

After 7 starts winning 5 games and losing 2 he is not the answer. Int problem is common with young qbs. Qb also definitely takes alot longer to develop good thing for football when Manning setts the rookie int record and isn't given up on him.
                    Lock also:
                    A. Is coming back from an injury
                    B. Had horrible playcalling today
                    C. Had a few drops in the passing game

I know he didn't have his best game, but it's way too early to give up on him.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                      I blame the playalling more than I do Lock. Those 2 final possessions the Broncos had they shouldn't have thrown deep. Last one, they shouldn't have even considered throwing on 1st down. Run the ball since Lindsay was having a day to run out the clock.
                      Agree, also how come we don't have any screens or dump off passes to our RBs. That 1st down deep ball was very suspect call. I know every coach on this team knows more about football then I do, but so many bad play calls makes me wonder???

Comment

• Originally posted by HawaiiBroncos View Post

Agree, also how come we don't have any screens or dump off passes to our RBs. That 1st down deep ball was very suspect call. I know every coach on this team knows more about football then I do, but so many bad play calls makes me wonder???
                        Cam Newton got plenty of those playcalls today, so idk why we didn't do that. Hopefully they can make more of those calls next week.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

What is with the negativity after a win? How can you know this? It’s his first game back and he’s missing his top 2 targets. Lock just went into New England and beat Belichick. That’s impressive even if we didn’t get any TDs.

The objective is to score more than your opponent and we did. Yes we have a lot to work on, but it could be a lot worse. We’re 2-3, played the Steelers tough and the Titans, both of which are very good teams. Lost to Tampa while starting Jeff Driskel and beat a bad Jets team. This team is very underrated, I’d say.

Either way, it’s way too soon to tell if Lock is the guy. He’s still above .500 on a team that has struggled to even get to .500 lately. I think Lock will be good as long as we give him proper time to develop.

Go Broncos!
                          Your right, I should just be happy we got the win. I think it's just that we should of beat them pretty bad, and we had to rely on our defense to bail us out.

Comment

• As imperfect as it is, I'll take the win. No-one gave us a hope of winning today but we were by far the better team and but for some characteristic nerves at the end (when have we ever made it easy on ourselves?) we would have won comfortably.

Comment

• Lock's mechanics and decision making tells the story far better than I can. I have him as a middle of the pack Qb nothing more nothing less. Lock seems to have great success on the run but in the pocket id say he's below average at best he got bailed out today and was fortunate that the pats offense wasn't as great. Yes receivers had some drops they should have made i wont bash lock for that that but yet in still. Lock won't win us shootout games. I go back to mechanics and decision making. Accuracy is a little average as well. Lets also remember that for two years Lock has gotten injured. I'm sorry its a business and the Qb position for us is definitely worth upgrading if you can do it. I wouldn't give a long term deal no. You guys scoff now but I think you guys will see more as the season goes on. For now he scaped by so we can appreciate the win but it was a sloppy win however like a poster said 2-3 better than 1-4 my verdict on Lock is out though i doubt he will change. If he somehow does i will be the first fan to come on here and eat all what im saying but my eue test has him as a stop gap qb barely better than osweiler yeah i said it lol.
                              :go:

Comment

• I'm not sure the first INT was on Lock and not Patrick. It looked like Lock was throwing to the sticks but Patrick ran up field. We really can't tell without knowing the route called. But the second one was really bad.

Lock was missing his starting TE, best WR, starting RT, starting LG, starting/goal line RB. There was no off season, a new OC and QB coach and a game that was postponed twice and Lock coming off the injury list.

BTW, I have a feeling if Sutton was playing, a couple of those drops would have been catches.

Comment

Working...
                                X