This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    As imperfect as it is, I'll take the win. No-one gave us a hope of winning today but we were by far the better team and but for some characteristic nerves at the end (when have we ever made it easy on ourselves?) we would have won comfortably.
    I agree I will take the win as well

We been a losing team for a long time we are not going to all the sudden look like a dominant team. There will be struggles....missed opportunities....we will allow other teams to come back. These things happen against good contending teams....they will happen to teams learning how to win.

We got the win and sent the Pats to a losing record this far into the season for the first time in 18 years..first win for us @NE in over 10 years...I will take it!!
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
      Lock's mechanics and decision making tells the story far better than I can. I have him as a middle of the pack Qb nothing more nothing less. Lock seems to have great success on the run but in the pocket id say he's below average at best he got bailed out today and was fortunate that the pats offense wasn't as great. Yes receivers had some drops they should have made i wont bash lock for that that but yet in still. Lock won't win us shootout games. I go back to mechanics and decision making. Accuracy is a little average as well. Lets also remember that for two years Lock has gotten injured. I'm sorry its a business and the Qb position for us is definitely worth upgrading if you can do it. I wouldn't give a long term deal no. You guys scoff now but I think you guys will see more as the season goes on. For now he scaped by so we can appreciate the win but it was a sloppy win however like a poster said 2-3 better than 1-4 my verdict on Lock is out though i doubt he will change. If he somehow does i will be the first fan to come on here and eat all what im saying but my eue test has him as a stop gap qb barely better than osweiler yeah i said it lol.
      You can't expect a rookie in his first season to carry a team. Mahomes was an exception not the rule. Jackson did it more running then passing. If lock shows he is a middle tier qb at this point in his career. Decision making can improve and generally does as qb age the game slows more. They see more unique blitz formations and stuff they do in the nfl. Expecting a young qb in his first year starting to carry a team is unrealistic. It is about developing him and speeding up his decision making process by playing more football. Lock has the physical tools. He is a hard worker. All I think he really needs is time.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Agreed with above post. Lock's next start will be the 8th game in the NFL he has finished. We need to have some patience.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• To put this in perspective, Peyton threw 2 more interceptions than he did touchdowns his first 16 games.
          Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            Agreed with above post. Lock's next start will be the 8th game in the NFL he has finished. We need to have some patience.

It's also worth taking into account they had no real offseason to build chemistry, as well currently playing with a depleted roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

What is with the negativity after a win? How can you know this? It’s his first game back and he’s missing his top 2 targets. Lock just went into New England and beat Belichick. That’s impressive even if we didn’t get any TDs.

The objective is to score more than your opponent and we did. Yes we have a lot to work on, but it could be a lot worse. We’re 2-3, played the Steelers tough and the Titans, both of which are very good teams. Lost to Tampa while starting Jeff Driskel and beat a bad Jets team. This team is very underrated, I’d say.

Either way, it’s way too soon to tell if Lock is the guy. He’s still above .500 on a team that has struggled to even get to .500 lately. I think Lock will be good as long as we give him proper time to develop.

Go Broncos!
              So you think scoring 18 points is good enough? That offense was pitiful no doubt about it. They still almost pulled out the win. Lock threw back to back picks. He has to take better care of the ball. He just was fortunate to have played a pats team that wasn't sharp. Let me also ask the question. Yeah out of 7 starts name a game outside of Houston that Lock has dominated? Why does he only have 7 starts? Well he can't stay healthy. I'm not going to give him the injury excuse to receivers either. Every team has them....i thought the line played well today better than we have seen i just don't see Lock making a quantum leap. Again i see a middle of the pack guy that's the highest ceiling. I don't think he can ever eclipse into being a top 10 top 5 guy. If scoring about 15 or 18 is the goal we better have a darn good defense. We aren't in the high 20s with him in the lineup. He only really dominated Houston. Ima go back and look it up but again I'm not sold man. But im happy we got the win, I never root for us to lose i want to get that clear. We can have differences as fans but in the end I want the team to do well. Like all of you guys and girls do so i never advocate for losing.
              :go:

Comment

Lock's mechanics and decision making tells the story far better than I can. I have him as a middle of the pack Qb nothing more nothing less. Lock seems to have great success on the run but in the pocket id say he's below average at best he got bailed out today and was fortunate that the pats offense wasn't as great. Yes receivers had some drops they should have made i wont bash lock for that that but yet in still. Lock won't win us shootout games. I go back to mechanics and decision making. Accuracy is a little average as well. Lets also remember that for two years Lock has gotten injured. I'm sorry its a business and the Qb position for us is definitely worth upgrading if you can do it. I wouldn't give a long term deal no. You guys scoff now but I think you guys will see more as the season goes on. For now he scaped by so we can appreciate the win but it was a sloppy win however like a poster said 2-3 better than 1-4 my verdict on Lock is out though i doubt he will change. If he somehow does i will be the first fan to come on here and eat all what im saying but my eue test has him as a stop gap qb barely better than osweiler yeah i said it lol.
                He’s also young, developing and has a winning record starting for a team that has struggled to win post-Manning. Give him time.
                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Yeah and he converted 3rd and 21 with a 35yd pass to Patrick -- that's clutch. Count the good too.

If you had been in charge of the Broncos in '83, Elway would have been benched!

You're assessing Lock as if this is his ceiling when the guy is basically a rookie without a full year played. Patience.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• I'm not sure the first INT was on Lock and not Patrick. It looked like Lock was throwing to the sticks but Patrick ran up field. We really can't tell without knowing the route called. But the second one was really bad.

Lock was missing his starting TE, best WR, starting RT, starting LG, starting/goal line RB. There was no off season, a new OC and QB coach and a game that was postponed twice and Lock coming off the injury list.

BTW, I have a feeling if Sutton was playing, a couple of those drops would have been catches.

Comment

• Shurmur needs a stern talking to, honestly. It was deja vu with our offense having the ball (with the lead) with just over 3 minutes left in the game-- just like how we were against the Titans in Week 1. Instead of the quickest three-and-out I had ever seen, this time it was literally a single play "punt" with that INT by Lock. No way you call that deep shot in that situation if you're an experienced OC. I'm also surprised Lock just heaved the ball into the center of the field while getting hit, which is undoubtedly going to end up as an interception. I'm thankful we were even in the position to have a put-away drive, but now the team needs to focus on actually "putting it away".

Eh, there's lots to nitpick from this game if one really wanted to. I'm super happy with this win against a formidable NE team that went toe-to-toe with the undefeated Seahawks just last month. Fangio called a great game defensively and brought tons of pressure on Cam. Ojemudia is outplaying his 3rd round draft status and showed terrific physicality and coverage skills in the clutch. Lindsay looked good in his first game back from injury. Our offensive line looked shaky as the game went on, but in the first half I was pleased with the way they were protecting Lock and opening up lanes for Lindsay. Albert O is the truth and Tim Patrick was unbelievably clutch again.

Great win and fortunately for Broncos Country, we play a game every week until the season ends.
                      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

It's also worth taking into account they had no real offseason to build chemistry, as well currently playing with a depleted roster.

And with a yet another new playbook and OC.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• People are seriously complaining about a road win on the east coast against the Pats at home in a game where we were 9.5 point dogs because it wasn't purty enough?

Comment

• So in Locks 8 starts he has played
                            Chargers, div game always hard
                            Texans team that made playoffs but didnt play too well against us
                            Chiefs in the snow
                            Lions
                            Raiders, div game always hard

new year
                            Titans team thats good, play off team
                            Steelers with a good pass rush, play off team. didnt finish game
                            and now today against a Pats team.

So is he supposed to ball out?
                            3 div games and 2 playoff teams this year in Titans and Steelers and one last year against Texans. he hasnt had like any easy games

no preseason. all the injuries. limited training camp. new offense. besides patrick we had rookies out there for receivers that he has had very little time throwing to? some of you want him to put up pro bowl stats

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotst View Post
                              So in Locks 8 starts he has played
                              Chargers, div game always hard
                              Texans team that made playoffs but didnt play too well against us
                              Chiefs in the snow
                              Lions
                              Raiders, div game always hard

new year
                              Titans team thats good, play off team
                              Steelers with a good pass rush, play off team. didnt finish game
                              and now today against a Pats team.

So is he supposed to ball out?
                              3 div games and 2 playoff teams this year in Titans and Steelers and one last year against Texans. he hasnt had like any easy games

no preseason. all the injuries. limited training camp. new offense. besides patrick we had rookies out there for receivers that he has had very little time throwing to? some of you want him to put up pro bowl stats
                              Seems like people think he has to be Mahomes already and if not then we must’ve screwed up.
                              sigpic

Comment

So you think scoring 18 points is good enough? That offense was pitiful no doubt about it. They still almost pulled out the win. Lock threw back to back picks. He has to take better care of the ball. He just was fortunate to have played a pats team that wasn't sharp. Let me also ask the question. Yeah out of 7 starts name a game outside of Houston that Lock has dominated? Why does he only have 7 starts? Well he can't stay healthy. I'm not going to give him the injury excuse to receivers either. Every team has them....i thought the line played well today better than we have seen i just don't see Lock making a quantum leap. Again i see a middle of the pack guy that's the highest ceiling. I don't think he can ever eclipse into being a top 10 top 5 guy. If scoring about 15 or 18 is the goal we better have a darn good defense. We aren't in the high 20s with him in the lineup. He only really dominated Houston. Ima go back and look it up but again I'm not sold man. But im happy we got the win, I never root for us to lose i want to get that clear. We can have differences as fans but in the end I want the team to do well. Like all of you guys and girls do so i never advocate for losing.
                                Winning is good enough. And so far, Lock is winning more than losing. As long as he continues to get better and win ball games, I’m not gonna complain.
                                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                                X