Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not worried about Lock, he takes chances and that's ok. The 1st pick was just miscommunication between him and Tim. 2nd interception was on him, but that play should have never been called. He should have never picked the guy double covered obviously but that should have just been a run play to start with.

The #1 conversation that needs to be had is how great the defense was and two, how great the offensive line played. Bradley Chubb is showing some dominance out there. Shelby Harris was unstoppable and how awesome Ojemudia is playing?!?!? Yeah everyone wants to talk about drew lock, but between our defense and our much improved offensive line he will be fine!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
      Lock's mechanics and decision making tells the story far better than I can. I have him as a middle of the pack Qb nothing more nothing less. Lock seems to have great success on the run but in the pocket id say he's below average at best he got bailed out today and was fortunate that the pats offense wasn't as great. Yes receivers had some drops they should have made i wont bash lock for that that but yet in still. Lock won't win us shootout games. I go back to mechanics and decision making. Accuracy is a little average as well. Lets also remember that for two years Lock has gotten injured. I'm sorry its a business and the Qb position for us is definitely worth upgrading if you can do it. I wouldn't give a long term deal no. You guys scoff now but I think you guys will see more as the season goes on. For now he scaped by so we can appreciate the win but it was a sloppy win however like a poster said 2-3 better than 1-4 my verdict on Lock is out though i doubt he will change. If he somehow does i will be the first fan to come on here and eat all what im saying but my eue test has him as a stop gap qb barely better than osweiler yeah i said it lol.
      So based on this logic, you’d be criticizing 95% of rookie and second year quarterbacks right? Besides Mahomes I can’t think of too many first or second year QBs with above average mechanics and decision making. Seems like we’re looking for something to complain about here imo. Joe Burrow has looked pretty average so far too, are we writing him off as well?

Instead of bashing our young QB (less than ten starts...) I’ll take the win and the defensive effort against one of the greatest coaches in NFL history on the road.
      sigpic
      ******** Adopt a Bronco 2019 | #70 Ja'wuan James :thumb: ********
      ***** Adopt a Bronco 2017-18 | #72 Garett Bolles *****

Comment

• Originally posted by ManhattanBronco View Post

So based on this logic, you’d be criticizing 95% of rookie and second year quarterbacks right? Besides Mahomes I can’t think of too many first or second year QBs with above average mechanics and decision making. Seems like we’re looking for something to complain about here imo. Joe Burrow has looked pretty average so far too, are we writing him off as well?

Instead of bashing our young QB (less than ten starts...) I’ll take the win and the defensive effort against one of the greatest coaches in NFL history on the road.
        Mahomes mechanics really aren't very good. His biggest ability seems to be his ability to run around in the backfield allowing his receivers to run themselves open. Don't get me wrong, he's a great QB, but his mechanics are not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotst View Post
          So in Locks 8 starts he has played
          Chargers, div game always hard
          Texans team that made playoffs but didnt play too well against us
          Chiefs in the snow
          Lions
          Raiders, div game always hard

new year
          Titans team thats good, play off team
          Steelers with a good pass rush, play off team. didnt finish game
          and now today against a Pats team.

So is he supposed to ball out?
          3 div games and 2 playoff teams this year in Titans and Steelers and one last year against Texans. he hasnt had like any easy games

no preseason. all the injuries. limited training camp. new offense. besides patrick we had rookies out there for receivers that he has had very little time throwing to? some of you want him to put up pro bowl stats
          Titans and Steelers are both unbeaten still. 10-0 on the season. Shocking Lock didn't beat them both on his own...

Comment

• Did you just see that Aaron Rogers threw two back-to-back interceptions? Give Lock time to develop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Mahomes mechanics really aren't very good. His biggest ability seems to be his ability to run around in the backfield allowing his receivers to run themselves open. Don't get me wrong, he's a great QB, but his mechanics are not good.
              Good point - so then there aren’t any perfect young passers. Given our choices at this point, I’ll ride with Lock and hope he continues to improve. If he doesn’t continue to improve over the rest of the season then we’ll reevaluate at that point but we’ve got to give him time to show what he can do. Unless we bottom out, we won’t have a shot at a rookie like Trevor Lawrence anyway (And even if we did, we’d need a couple of years for him to develop... and there’d be more complaints of “below average” QB play).
              sigpic
              ******** Adopt a Bronco 2019 | #70 Ja'wuan James :thumb: ********
              ***** Adopt a Bronco 2017-18 | #72 Garett Bolles *****

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                I'm not worried about Lock, he takes chances and that's ok. The 1st pick was just miscommunication between him and Tim. 2nd interception was on him, but that play should have never been called. He should have never picked the guy double covered obviously but that should have just been a run play to start with.

The #1 conversation that needs to be had is how great the defense was and two, how great the offensive line played. Bradley Chubb is showing some dominance out there. Shelby Harris was unstoppable and how awesome Ojemudia is playing?!?!? Yeah everyone wants to talk about drew lock, but between our defense and our much improved offensive line he will be fine!!!
                Also don't forget McManus, he basically won the game...6fg with 2 over 50
                sigpic

Comment

• Rodgers -- Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManhattanBronco View Post

Good point - so then there aren’t any perfect young passers. Given our choices at this point, I’ll ride with Lock and hope he continues to improve. If he doesn’t continue to improve over the rest of the season then we’ll reevaluate at that point but we’ve got to give him time to show what he can do. Unless we bottom out, we won’t have a shot at a rookie like Trevor Lawrence anyway (And even if we did, we’d need a couple of years for him to develop... and there’d be more complaints of “below average” QB play).
                    Nope. With the mass use of spread offences and so much zone read and RPO use in colleges, there really aren't many QBs coming out with what people would think are fantastic fundamental mechanics. But at the same time, what we think of as great mechanics might not matter anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

You're right, the MVP of the game!! Public apology to McManus for forgetting how important you were today!!

Comment

• At the end of the day a win is a win. While I'm more worried about Lock being the guy going forward after today, it's his third start of the season, and he's really only played 2.25 games so far, and he's done so against 3 great defences. I'll be looking for him to improve as the season goes on. Next week they've got KC, the coaches can do a lot of things to put him in position to succeed (plays with max protection, screen passes, QB draws, and lots of quick throws). A good showing there and what he looked like today doesn't matter, outside of them getting their second win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

So you think scoring 18 points is good enough?
                          Win football game = score more points than opponent

* no points awarded for style

** no points deducted for lack of style

*** all points same value regardless of TD, XP, FG, S
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

And dont forget albert O dropped two tds and hamilton dropped another pass that would have given us the ball within the five if he didnt score
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Win football game = score more points than opponent

* no points awarded for style

** no points deducted for lack of style

*** all points same value regardless of TD, XP, FG, S
                              Yep...What's the opposite of "moral victories"? Immoral defeats?

"You play to win the game."

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Yep...What's the opposite of "moral victories"? Immoral defeats?

"You play to win the game."
                                I like it.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X