This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    At the end of the day a win is a win. While I'm more worried about Lock being the guy going forward after today, it's his third start of the season, and he's really only played 2.25 games so far, and he's done so against 3 great defences. I'll be looking for him to improve as the season goes on. Next week they've got KC, the coaches can do a lot of things to put him in position to succeed (plays with max protection, screen passes, QB draws, and lots of quick throws). A good showing there and what he looked like today doesn't matter, outside of them getting their second win.
    I see Lock's game a little differently. WIthout knowing exactly what happened on the 1st pick, the announcer said it was his first interception in more than 130 passes. That is a really good interception rate.

The second pass... I can't defend it even if it was a dumb call by Shurmur to force the ball to A.OK.

Still, Lock looked ok on his first game back in his 3rd start this season. I think we saw some improvement and some areas where he still needs to improve. Having Fant out was probably a big deal for him and the dropped passes that would have been TDs and one that would have at least earned McM another FG.

Overall, I am less concerned with Lock and still concerned with the offense as a whole.

On Defense, I think they proved in this game that they need to keep their foot on the pedal and not give up easy yards. When they play good defense they are pretty good, when they play loose they seem to play dumb.

Shurmur's RZ offense is abysmal.

Comment

• Any report on Dalton Risner's injury?

P.S. Found it. Risner and Spencer with shoulder injuries and Josh Watson hamstring.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Any report on Dalton Risner's injury?

P.S. Found it. Risner and Spencer with shoulder injuries and Josh Watson hamstring.
        I am still seeing vague reports of a shoulder injury.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Any report on Dalton Risner's injury?

Might not have been the worst thing int he world for Risner to be sat down, even if it was due to injury. He's been struggling this year, and maybe just the different perspective will help him take a deep breath and relax. Last year he showed he's a good player, this year he looks like he's trying to do too much and in doing so ends up doing little well. Hopefully just seeing that the o-line can look decent (dare I even say good) today, shows that if he does he's job like he's capable, things will take off.

Hopefully he's back quickly.

Comment

• Now that is more like it! (where are the smillees?)

Comment

• Rogers is absolutely stinking it up down in Tampa today. He must not have it.
                sigpic

Comment

Might not have been the worst thing int he world for Risner to be sat down, even if it was due to injury. He's been struggling this year, and maybe just the different perspective will help him take a deep breath and relax. Last year he showed he's a good player, this year he looks like he's trying to do too much and in doing so ends up doing little well. Hopefully just seeing that the o-line can look decent (dare I even say good) today, shows that if he does he's job like he's capable, things will take off.

Hopefully he's back quickly.
                  My sentiments as well. Dalton needs to get back ASAP. Austin did a good job in the second half and they also have Muti plus three more O-Linemen on the PS.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I was fishing today and I dvr'd the game, I just watched it and I'm so happy we won but I'm so mad
                    At Drew Lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                      Now that is more like it! (where are the smillees?)
                      If smilies are not right below your text editor look for the happy face icon to the top right of the editor, click it, and the smilies should display below the editor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                        I was fishing today and I dvr'd the game, I just watched it and I'm so happy we won but I'm so mad
                        At Drew Lock.

Haha. I think sometimes when a QB makes a bad mistake their brain becomes a bit scrambled and they instantly make another. It has also happened this evening with Aaron Rodgers against the Buccaneers.

Comment

• Broncos are 6-0 when Lindsay rushes for more than 100 yds. Today he had 101 on 23 carries, 4.4 ypc.

Comment

Nope. With the mass use of spread offences and so much zone read and RPO use in colleges, there really aren't many QBs coming out with what people would think are fantastic fundamental mechanics. But at the same time, what we think of as great mechanics might not matter anymore.
                            And the guy that was hyped up for his mechanics (Josh Rosen) failed miserably for multiple teams.

Comment

• When and how did Risner get hurt

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post

I see Lock's game a little differently. WIthout knowing exactly what happened on the 1st pick, the announcer said it was his first interception in more than 130 passes. That is a really good interception rate.

The second pass... I can't defend it even if it was a dumb call by Shurmur to force the ball to A.OK.

Still, Lock looked ok on his first game back in his 3rd start this season. I think we saw some improvement and some areas where he still needs to improve. Having Fant out was probably a big deal for him and the dropped passes that would have been TDs and one that would have at least earned McM another FG.

Overall, I am less concerned with Lock and still concerned with the offense as a whole.

On Defense, I think they proved in this game that they need to keep their foot on the pedal and not give up easy yards. When they play good defense they are pretty good, when they play loose they seem to play dumb.

Shurmur's RZ offense is abysmal.
                                My biggest issue with his game today (aside from the second interception) was that he was trying to force the ball deep so often. Granted I couldn't see the coverage well enough to know, maybe those were the best options, but from this viewer's point of view it seemed like he was trying to go for the home run every time when there were times where a smaller gain was okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X