X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dotst View Post
    When and how did Risner get hurt
    It was on a third down in the second quarter. I saw him signal to the sidelines that he needed to come off before the FG attempt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

My biggest issue with his game today (aside from the second interception) was that he was trying to force the ball deep so often. Granted I couldn't see the coverage well enough to know, maybe those were the best options, but from this viewer's point of view it seemed like he was trying to go for the home run every time when there were times where a smaller gain was okay.
      I have no problem agreeing with that. Hopefully those things are temporary and not big indicators that he is not comfortable with his reads or lacks trust with any of his receivers.

Taking shots is fine and can help keep a defense a bit more honest. Becoming predictable is dangerous.

Comment

• Not a great game by Lock, but he is now the youngest QB to win at Gillette. I saw a few deep passes that looked better than anything else he threw this season so that is definitely a big plus.
        Great job again by the Oline and McManus!

The defense and Lindsey really set the tone. So good to see PL back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post

I have no problem agreeing with that. Hopefully those things are temporary and not big indicators that he is not comfortable with his reads or lacks trust with any of his receivers.

Taking shots is fine and can help keep a defense a bit more honest. Becoming predictable is dangerous.
          Absolutely, take some shots, you need to get defences to respect the entire field. But NFL games (especially playoff games) are won 10-20 yards down field. And he did make some completions in that area today. But that's the area where I'd like to see the majority of his attempts and completions.

Comment

• Interesting that the game plan looks like it was always to lean more on the run. Lock attempted 24 passes. Contrast that to 37 rushes.

Patriots run defense is slightly worse than their pass defense.

Was the plan to limit Lock's passing? Even in his 24 attempts, you can see him really going after three guys primarily: Patrick - 8 targets, Okwuegbunam - 6 targets, Jeudy - 5 targets. 19 of his 24 (80%) pass attempts to the same three.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

This....Lock is not the answer enough said. I have seen enough to think that we should not invest long term in the guy. Key word there before people bash me is long term. I don't think Lock is a franchise Qb. As the season goes on i expect more of you to come to the realization as well if you haven't already.
              Good QBs find a way to win, they improvise , and make things happen when plays break down. I'm not even talking about the great ones that can do this but look at Josh Allen (I was against drafting him), Fitzmagic, Tannehill, and Cam. We'd be good enough to land a wildcard spot and win a game or two this year with any of those guys. Drew Lock is not able to find a way yet and this is one of those things that you have or you don't. Anyone that has a pulse and can throw spirals can probably QB an NFL team and be successful behind a top notch online, a sound coordinator, and 1500+ yards running game but conditions are seldom ideal and you have to make lemonade out of lemmons sometimes.

Comment

• Albert O looked exceptional catching the ball today .........
                Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                  Albert O looked exceptional catching the ball today .........
                  Other then two td drops
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• We pretty much had the game won and then Lock fumbles the snap, but recovered it, and then Threw two straight picks. We tried to give the game away.
                    We got lucky. But we are a young team and we are learning.
                    (I hope)

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

Just let the season play out and see if you agree later on in the year but no Lock is not the answer, not long term no.
                      Lol you didn't know you couldn't say anything bad about lock on this board yet????? He pretty much does no wrong. If he every plays bad...its either the line fault, play calling, wrs didnt help him, bc he is young..etc etc. I dont say nothing. He gets credit for the win however the offense did nothing, 6 fgs, less the 50% 0td and 2 picks....most is gonna say....not a bad game I see his is still improving. I agree with you . In due time. A lot felt the same about baker mayfield. I just sat back and watched.
                      In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Fangio and his staff need a basic Clock Management 101 refresher course. With a 15 point lead and 8 minutes to go, Pats with only 2 timeouts, and the Broncos already rushing for 100+ yards, why.... WHY are we throwing the ball ? Especially deep throws ! DUH ! Every three running plays takes two + minutes off the clock or they have to burn their remaining timeouts. Even with a 3 and out and then a punt, a running clock is our friend. A stellar defense and a great game by McManus saved Fangio and his offensive staff today. If you cannot get and keep a lead, change something. If the Pats were full strength today it would have been another Bronco loss because we were out-coached again in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldfatgolfer View Post
                          Fangio and his staff need a basic Clock Management 101 refresher course. With a 15 point lead and 8 minutes to go, Pats with only 2 timeouts, and the Broncos already rushing for 100+ yards, why.... WHY are we throwing the ball ? Especially deep throws ! DUH ! Every three running plays takes two + minutes off the clock or they have to burn their remaining timeouts. Even with a 3 and out and then a punt, a running clock is our friend. A stellar defense and a great game by McManus saved Fangio and his offensive staff today. If you cannot get and keep a lead, change something. If the Pats were full strength today it would have been another Bronco loss because we were out-coached again in the 4th quarter.
                          If the Pats were at full strength?

Not really a fair argument, how about if the Broncos were at full strength?

Comment

• Red zone offense for Denver is offensive. Do not count on FG to win games. Pats were not stopping the run, but we abandoned the run in the red zone. Why?? Or at least run a play action pass. C’mon Shurmur - your play calling is not working, try something different or at least use plays that the defense has not been stopping during the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldfatgolfer View Post
                              Fangio and his staff need a basic Clock Management 101 refresher course. With a 15 point lead and 8 minutes to go, Pats with only 2 timeouts, and the Broncos already rushing for 100+ yards, why.... WHY are we throwing the ball ? Especially deep throws ! DUH ! Every three running plays takes two + minutes off the clock or they have to burn their remaining timeouts. Even with a 3 and out and then a punt, a running clock is our friend. A stellar defense and a great game by McManus saved Fangio and his offensive staff today. If you cannot get and keep a lead, change something. If the Pats were full strength today it would have been another Bronco loss because we were out-coached again in the 4th quarter.
                              Coulda shoulda woulda.... doesn't matter. You could say if Denver offense was fully healthy Pat's D wouldn't have been able to stop us either. It wasn't pretty at all and mistakes were made all over the field by both teams. Fact is we went into NE and stole a win!!

Comment

• Missing defensive players out for the year - okay would have helped; but PL was more than adequate for MG. Our biggest loss was Risner, as our O line has limited depth.

Comment

Working...
                                X