This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
    Drew Lock is not able to find a way yet and this is one of those things that you have or you don't.
    Drew Lock is 5-3 with a team that is 4-9 without him. He just went into New England missing 2 of his best receiving targets in Sutton and Fant and came out with a W. Yeah, the defense helped a lot. But a W is a W no matter how you slice it. The kid has grit and moxie and has proven he can win with a mediocre team. The only question is can he do it consistently and improve his game. Lock is a young QB that is clearly trending up, and to say that he isn't a QB that can find a way to win is just ridiculous.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• And how many times have we lost games in the 4th quarter in the last 22 games? Fangio team record speaks volumes and similar mistakes were made again today for clock management and play calling in those multiple losses.

Comment

• The LAR/SF game just started. Watch the play calling , both offense and defense for both teams, and see if you think our Broncos would be as well coached.

Comment

• Today is just a reminder of what this team is and what we already know....

Fangio is a good DC but a horrible HC.

Shurmur was a bad hire. Our offense still stinks and can't score.... unless we're playing the Jets.

Drew Lock is still a big question mark. Good QB's succeed no matter who's at WR.

Elway still has major holes to address with this roster.

Today didn't impress me. 6 field goals..... that's it. We're going nowhere.

​​​

Comment

• Baffling to me how many ways some fans can find ways to wine. We won!! Smile!! Our D was spectacular...our kicker was perfect....our offensive line was pretty much flawless... Lindsay looked like the tasmanian devil of old.....no penalties..... AND....WE WON!!!
            Last edited by JvDub95; 10-18-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldfatgolfer View Post
              The LAR/SF game just started. Watch the play calling , both offense and defense for both teams, and see if you think our Broncos would be as well coached.
              Originally posted by sra84 View Post
              Today is just a reminder of what this team is and what we already know....

Shurmur was a bad hire. Our offense still stinks and can't score.... unless we're playing the Jets.

Drew Lock is still a big question mark. Good QB's succeed no matter who's at WR.

​​​
              You guys know we won, right? It's like some fans expect us to go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl, and if we don't they want us to be 0-16 and have the number one pick. This isn't a bad team. It's a young team with a brand new offense that is taking some time to learn, especially with all the injuries we've had to our stars. Sutton done for the year. Lock has missed time. Lindsay has missed time. Fant has missed time. Be patient. We will be better. Guaranteed.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• I get this is a discussion board— so critical analysis is precisely what BCMB is for. But with that being said, it’s sad that a lot of you can’t enjoy a win for what it’s worth. Was it far from perfect? Of course. Again, with this coaching staff and roster still trying to put the pieces together after all the devastating injuries— they’re bound to have inconsistencies. I’m not one to clobber one over the head with “well, look at the bright side” type of rhetoric, but there’s some positives and momentum that this team can take going forward. The offense drove the ball downfield pretty consistently. How often could you say that with the McCoy, Musgrave, and Scangarello offenses? Now they have to work on finishing drives with touchdowns. The defense was physical, aggressive and made plays all game against a NE offense that went down to the wire with Seattle not too long ago (I know NE had injuries, but so do we). Lock had a bad 4th quarter, but finally showed off his rocket arm that he was known for at Mizzou with some nice deep passes to Patrick. Lock showed good poise for the most part and threw some accurate balls. Albert O looked downright beastly, and was great in his first ever NFL game action— now he needs to work on hauling in those contested endzone balls, which is 100% possible through good coaching and more reps.

I’m sure it will all come crashing back down to Earth next week against KC, but even the Raiders (of all teams) showed that beating them is possible. This team is a resilient bunch. We all know that this is basically a “lost” season considering how crazy 2020 has been going in addition to all the horrible injuries, so why not have fun and enjoy it when this team has some success?
                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                  I get this is a discussion board— so critical analysis is precisely what BCMB is for. But with that being said, it’s sad that a lot of you can’t enjoy a win for what it’s worth. Was it far from perfect? Of course. Again, with this coaching staff and roster still trying to put the pieces together after all the devastating injuries— they’re bound to have inconsistencies. I’m not one to clobber one over the head with “well, look at the bright side” type of rhetoric, but there’s some positives and momentum that this team can take going forward. The offense drove the ball downfield pretty consistently. How often could you say that with the McCoy, Musgrave, and Scangarello offenses? Now they have to work on finishing drives with touchdowns. The defense was physical, aggressive and made plays all game against a NE offense that went down to the wire with Seattle not too long ago (I know NE had injuries, but so do we). Lock had a bad 4th quarter, but finally showed off his rocket arm that he was known for at Mizzou with some nice deep passes to Patrick. Lock showed good poise for the most part and threw some accurate balls. Albert O looked downright beastly, and was great in his first ever NFL game action— now he needs to work on hauling in those contested endzone balls, which is 100% possible through good coaching and more reps.

I’m sure it will all come crashing back down to Earth next week against KC, but even the Raiders (of all teams) showed that beating them is possible. This team is a resilient bunch. We all know that this is basically a “lost” season considering how crazy 2020 has been going in addition to all the horrible injuries, so why not have fun and enjoy it when this team has some success?

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                    Today is just a reminder of what this team is and what we already know....

​​​
                    I agree with you on all points but to be fair lock need wrs. Brees looks bad without thomas....it will help lock out if he fant and sutton....
                    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• One thing I do feel pur red zone offense has been missing Sutton so much its crazy
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Lots of complaints but little mention how well our D played, holding NE to 12 points. Coming into this game I believe they were 2nd in the NFL in rushing...or that we kicked FGs instead of punting. We didn't even punt until the 4th quarter. While we didn't score TDs we did move the ball consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I agree with you on all points but to be fair lock need wrs. Brees looks bad without thomas....it will help lock out if he fant and sutton....
                          Wait a minute...are helping with the excuses for Lock?? LOL .... Having Fant back will make a ton of difference too

Comment

• How many of us thought going into this game that we’d come out with a win? I’m betting not too many. From what I recall most wanted to see some kind improvement, Lock not holding the ball too long, less penalties, a good defensive game, a solid run game and yes, TDs.

BB basically refused to play last week because he wanted Cam and Gilmore back.

So, this young, banged up team goes into Foxboro, and beats the Pats playing against their starting QB, against their best cornerback.

Our defense was spectacular today. Our Oline was terrific. Lindsay was awesome. McManus was perfect. Only one or two penalties. What a MASSIVE improvement from other games.

Yes, our offense needs to get TDs. Lock needs to stop trying for the home run balls. Our OC needs to call better plays. But I’m happy because I feel we’re trending up.

I’ll take a win over the Pats any day of the week however it happens.

Especially because I live in Boston and whining is just glorious.
                            Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-18-2020, 07:16 PM.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Wait a minute...are helping with the excuses for Lock?? LOL .... Having Fant back will make a ton of difference too
                              Lol thats the truth. Im not a fan of lock. I played qb and I know how important it is to have your play makers out there.

now I do remember last you you said lamar was winning by only throwing to t.e. and you want to win like that. I said he was winning. I see you are saying the same thing about lock now.
                              In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Lol thats the truth. Im not a fan of lock. I played qb and I know how important it is to have your play makers out there.

now I do remember last you you said lamar was winning by only throwing to t.e. and you want to win like that. I said he was winning. I see you are saying the same thing about lock now.
                                I've admitted being wrong about LJ. He's made a fool out of me so far. Yes, I thought he wasn't the most accurate of throwers but My biggest fear was his size. I thought he couldn't handle the NFL abuse with his size....

Comment

Working...
                                X