This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

And then lost 4 in a row, and then finished the season with 4 more losses, and then went 4-12 in 2010.
    and went 8 - 8 in 2011 with tebow and brian xanders lost his job as gm .

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
      The next two games are winnable!

Let's hope for the best!
      All games would be winnable if we weren't so generous and kept giving the ball back to the opposition. I would like us to stop doing that and allow the team to show what they can do.

It's bizarre that KC can beat us 43-16 with just a single Mahomes TD, and where we had more passing yards and more rushing yards (even though Lindsay only played 2 Quarters).

Comment

• Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post

and went 8 - 8 in 2011 with tebow and brian xanders lost his job as gm .
        McDoof wasn't the coach in 2011 and what does Xanders have to do with anything?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

McDoof wasn't the coach in 2011 and what does Xanders have to do with anything?
          indirectly talking about elway , i'd like him to walk .

Comment

Elway was GM in 2011, and he hired Fox. Xanders was never in charge of personnel, he had other administrative duties and he walked because he was no longer needed and wasn't going to have the personnel control that he wanted --Matt Russell got it.
            Last edited by L.M.; 10-25-2020, 05:58 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

He brought us out of the horrible end-of-Shanahan/McDaniels era and got us to 2 SBs, winning one of them. Elway hasn’t been perfect, but he’s also been pretty good.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Elway was GM in 2011, and he hired Fox. Xanders was never in charge of personnel, he had other administrative duties and he walked because he was no longer needed and wasn't going to have the personnel control that he wanted --Matt Russell got it.
                russell has an insignificant football record , denver had three straight losing seasons 2017 to 19 and he gets promoted from director of player personnel to vice president of player personnel , hmm bit strange .

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

He brought us out of the horrible end-of-Shanahan/McDaniels era and got us to 2 SBs, winning one of them. Elway hasn’t been perfect, but he’s also been pretty good.
                  He hasn’t been “pretty good” in almost 6 seasons. Once PM left, he has done squat to actually build a winning team. Almost every coach hire, draft pick and FA signing can be questioned. It’s not like we’re a perennial 8-8 or 9-7 team on the cusp of something. We’ve been amongst the bottom third in the league post SB. His time is up.
                  #swapping

Comment

• Elway isn't going anywhere unless he quits. He's owed $30 million next year. That also means Fangio likely stays put.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I'm not blaming the poor game today on the Front Office or the (lack) of ownership. I think that's silly. To a degree it's on the coaching staff for not getting the team as ready it should have been. The Special Teams did give up a return for a TD. The Special Teams also failed on an Extra Point. At times the Defense did not tackle well although they were pretty solid overall considering the Offense they faced. But I place the lion's share of the blame squarely on Drew Lock. He played very poorly. He was unaware, he was inaccurate, he made countless mental mistakes and physical mistakes as well. If we had gotten decent play from the QB position today then we would have had a chance at beating the defending Superbowl champs. We didn't, and we didn't.

Comment

• The best (or worst) was Lock’s idiotic explanation after the game that he needs to learn to simply give up on some plays, to live for another day....

He said he’s just trying too hard to make something happen!

yeah, right.... The dude averages 1 passing TD every 14 quarters... He can barely make a play, make something happen when everything is protected and on time (at least Orton could deliver under optimum conditions).... to me, once again taking your team out of FG position shows he is football dumb and you can’t teach intelligence.

Comment

• Is Lock any more than Ryan Leaf? Rypein..as a backup played more like a starter than Lock! Our offensive line was offensive! We have the makings of a good team but we have to have good coaching to do that! We will stay forever in the cellar of the AFC West if we stay with the same coaching. We were a great team back in 2015! It's like a bad meal! Whomever brought the food and cooked it ....made it bad! If we stay with the dame cooks and the same food it will continue to be the same

Comment

• McManus should just ignore the coaches when they tell him to kick it short because nothing but bad things happen. Everybody knows he can knock out of the endzone and I been saying this for sometime now. Just tell them he tried and overhit it lol
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Philip Jay View Post
                              Is Lock any more than Ryan Leaf? Rypein..as a backup played more like a starter than Lock! Our offensive line was offensive! We have the makings of a good team but we have to have good coaching to do that! We will stay forever in the cellar of the AFC West if we stay with the same coaching. We were a great team back in 2015! It's like a bad meal! Whomever brought the food and cooked it ....made it bad! If we stay with the dame cooks and the same food it will continue to be the same
                              Back in 2015 we had a great Defense, because we had great defensive players and a great Defensive Coordinator. We had a mediocre Offense and an adequate Special Teams. We also had one of the all time greats playing QB for us to keep people in line, to hold people accountable on the field in games and at practice. What we have now at QB is a kid who has started eight games.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                                I waited, but I won't anymore. We need to draft Justin Fields or Trey Lance. Lock is not the guy
                                Maybe some will start believing about these qbs when I say it lol. Carry on. Justin is that dude. Breaking down film on all top 5 qbs.
                                In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

Working...
                                X