• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully DEN gets 1/3 QBs coming
    out.... Lock isn’t the answer....

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

He brought us out of the horrible end-of-Shanahan/McDaniels era and got us to 2 SBs, winning one of them. Elway hasn’t been perfect, but he’s also been pretty good.
      It doesn't have to be an either/or proposition. I'm glad for elway as a general manager but I no longer believe in his ability to fix the Broncos current problems.

Comment

• Truly embarrassing performance today. This team has become the laughingstock of the NFL. I still love them but don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. No true QB and going on 6 losing seasons in the post Manning/Phillips era. Sad really. Elway's lighting on a bottle is nothing more than a sparkler right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
          Hopefully DEN gets 1/3 QBs coming
          out.... Lock isn’t the answer....
          I see Canadian football in Lock's future. Helluva an arm. Fundamentals? What fundamentals?

Comment

• Originally posted by drhiii View Post

I see Canadian football in Lock's future. Helluva an arm. Fundamentals? What fundamentals?
            I think he will be a good backup. Coming in for game out two, I think he'll kill it. But if he isn't going to have fundamentals then his football iq and decision-making needs to be stellar. Instead, I think he believes he can get by with a big arm and high school improvising.

Comment

The best (or worst) was Lock’s idiotic explanation after the game that he needs to learn to simply give up on some plays, to live for another day....

He said he’s just trying too hard to make something happen!

yeah, right.... The dude averages 1 passing TD every 14 quarters... He can barely make a play, make something happen when everything is protected and on time (at least Orton could deliver under optimum conditions).... to me, once again taking your team out of FG position shows he is football dumb and you can’t teach intelligence.
              Listening to Lock, it sounds like he believes his play is simply going to self correct all by itself. I don't hear anything that makes me think he's going to actually work to improve his mental game and decision making. But rather, he seems to think he'll magically start having great games because he just wants it to happen.

Comment

• Good grief, Lock doesn’t look like he make it as backup, he’s been straight garbage this year. Worse than Paxton Lynch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  Good grief, Lock doesn’t look like he make it as backup, he’s been straight garbage this year. Worse than Paxton Lynch.
                  He's definitely regressed this year. His accuracy is especially problematic but he's not even really making good decisions. He's got 1 touchdown versus 4 picks. That's just not good enough. I'm trying to be patient but I need to see something that shows he can learn from his mistakes or be a regular playmaker.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

He's definitely regressed this year. His accuracy is especially problematic but he's not even really making good decisions. He's got 1 touchdown versus 4 picks. That's just not good enough. I'm trying to be patient but I need to see something that shows he can learn from his mistakes or be a regular playmaker.
                    Right now he’s the lowest rated starting QB in league. It’s been really ugly, like worse than Paxton Lynch.

Comment

• I said this all last year. A lot of people was saying we were good at qb and that we found our qb after 4 or 5 games. A lot of people were happy not I. Def had no film on him and I knew that would change. He stared down wrs last year. In college his career comp % was like 53%.... then people was saying he had not talent on offense. Im he had almost he full weapons today. Ima see how many more passes he is gonna get. Im gonna say it again as I said it before we drafted him, when we drafted and now, we will be in the market for another qb.
                      In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• “There’s a fine line between taking what the defense gives you and then when they don’t give you what you want, trying to make a play," Lock said. "I can make the plays when they’re there, but I’ve just got to get a little better judgment on when it’s time to make that play or say, ‘You know what, they got us.’ Eventually, we’ll stop having this conversation, but it needs to happen faster than later, and it will.”

Comment

“There’s a fine line between taking what the defense gives you and then when they don’t give you what you want, trying to make a play," Lock said. "I can make the plays when they’re there, but I’ve just got to get a little better judgment on when it’s time to make that play or say, ‘You know what, they got us.’ Eventually, we’ll stop having this conversation, but it needs to happen faster than later, and it will.”
                          He only needs to look a Mahomes' performance yesterday. In difficult conditions and against a good D that had him under pressure regularly, he just made the throws the D gave him. Sure, he just got 200 yards but he didn't take what wasn't there. And he didn't panick just because he wasn't making a lot of progress.

Almost every indicator from.yesterday's game shows the Broncos as better than KC. More passing yards, a lot more rushing yards, more sacks, much greater time in possession...
                          But we lost the turnover battle 4-1.

We just need Lock to play sensibly, that's all. He has talent but sometimes discretion is the better part of valour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                            I said this all last year. A lot of people was saying we were good at qb and that we found our qb after 4 or 5 games. A lot of people were happy not I. Def had no film on him and I knew that would change. He stared down wrs last year. In college his career comp % was like 53%.... then people was saying he had not talent on offense. Im he had almost he full weapons today. Ima see how many more passes he is gonna get. Im gonna say it again as I said it before we drafted him, when we drafted and now, we will be in the market for another qb.
                            I don't think it has anything to do with film. I'm giving him SOME slack because this is his third offensive coordinator in as many years and we still only have about a 7 game sample size. He says the right things on paper and he appears to be wanting to learn. But I can't excuse the errant throws downfield. He also struggles with the sideline routes.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

I don't think it has anything to do with film. I'm giving him SOME slack because this is his third offensive coordinator in as many years and we still only have about a 7 game sample size. He says the right things on paper and he appears to be wanting to learn. But I can't excuse the errant throws downfield. He also struggles with the sideline routes.
                              I don't care about how many oc ANY qbs have had. Most qbs have been playing football since pop Warner. It has nothing to do with decisions making, throwing the ball to the right wrs, seeing the field. Im sorry miss me with the OCs he's not getting an excuse there. Its the nfl some qbs is gonna be lucky to have one or 2...some not...its not excuse.
                              In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I don't care about how many oc ANY qbs have had. Most qbs have been playing football since pop Warner. It has nothing to do with decisions making, throwing the ball to the right wrs, seeing the field. Im sorry miss me with the OCs he's not getting an excuse there. Its the nfl some qbs is gonna be lucky to have one or 2...some not...its not excuse.
                                I'm not one to coddle professional athletes. But I think it's wholly unfair to not give Lock a little bit of slack for some of these issues given the coordinator situation and the weird off-season. But to each their own.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X