X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2020: Week 8 Broncos vs Falcons

Ola' Bronco Fans

Well last weeks game was quite the Adventure. Herbert was as advertised, Lock was a hella mess for 3 quarters, then remembered he was a QB. Who knew?

In amazing fashion, the team turned the tables on our division rivals, and for once we grabbed victory out of the jaws of defeat. Love that the team had that kindof fight in them.
    Let's hope we can see it again, but maybe earlier in the game. So we sit at 3 -4 with a chance to go .500 if we get a win. We can hope. All we have to do is defeat the struggling
    2-4Falcons.

Falcons have struggled in amazing fashion this year, which is ironic as they have talented players like Julio, Matty Ice, Ridley and Gurley. They have the 3rd ranked offense they are 2nd in passing and 16th in rushing. So what is the issue. Oh yeah, they are 32 on defense. Which can only help out our offensive offense. We moved up one spot to the 29th ranked offense. Luckily our D in ranked 9th.

SO simply put we need to be better on offense. Last week was a perfect example of how bad we can be AND how good we can be. We lack consistency, creativity and stability.

Part of that is Shurmer and the play calling, part is Lock. Lock now has 4 TDs to his 5 Ints and a 72% passer rating. Not quite Russell Wilson Numbers. Still he will need to be better that he has been, Falcons D are coming off there best game, they held Teddy Bridgewater to under 170 yards, they picked him off once and sacked him 3x for their 2nd win of the season.

How do we do in game 8s. Over the decade we have went 4-6 Not good. The four win were two at home two away. The six losses all occurred on the road. The last 3 years we lost at the Eagles, Chiefs and Colts. That is a trend we need to break.

This game is a chance to get the offense up and going. Atlanta D will give Denver chances to score. We just need Lock not giving Atlantas D chances to score!

Thank you for being here. Win or Lose please follow the COC. Report anything to the mods. Could be another up and down game. That seems to be us, but hang in there. We have pieces if we can figure out how to use them. It can't rain all the time. As always though GO BRONCOS!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Originally posted by Elway View Post
    In amazing fashion, the team turned the tables on our division rivals, and for once we grabbed victory out of the jaws of defeat. Love that the team had that kind of fight in them.
    As opposed to the "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" which we've seen all too many times! (sigh) It IS heartening to see our team not give up, and against incredible odds, fight back and win in such a stunning manner! Says a lot about them!

Thanks, Elway and

GO BRONCOS!!!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Thank you, Elway!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

As opposed to the "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" which we've seen all too many times! (sigh) It IS heartening to see our team not give up, and against incredible odds, fight back and win in such a stunning manner! Says a lot about them!

GO BRONCOS!!!
        Yeah, been a rough year, KC beat them hard the week before and it looked like more of the same for 3 quarters. Not sure what clicked, but I hope they have more of it.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Elway

Go Broncos!!!
          Administrator
          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Let's get to .500 and start looking up rather than down.

Comment

If there is ever a game for Lock and our offense to show off their firepower and talent, it's this one. While I am hoping for a 2019 Houston-esque performance, I could settle for some consistency and good reads/decisions overall from Lock. The ATL defense hasn’t been as awful as it was when Quinn was still HC, but they’re still the Falcons. I will be interested to see how aggressive Shurmur is against a weak ATL secondary, but I’m expecting a pretty balance attack that should feature at least ten carries each for Gordon and Lindsay.
              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

BLAM! BLAM!

GROUND THE BIRDS!!!
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I am still recovering from last week but it's all goodGo Denver!

Comment

Back to .500 today no doubt.

Comment

Bouye, S. Harris and Spencer are out. Lindsay, Patrick and Callahan are inactive. Time for everybody to step up.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Bouye, S. Harris and Spencer are out. Lindsay, Patrick and Callahan are inactive. Time for everybody to step up.
                        Tim Patrick is active.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          top corners out and harris yikes the offense from the 4th quarter last week better show up then

Comment

I have a feeling this is when our offense starts clicking

Comment

Bryce Callahan proved he can cover the bigger receivers last week, so it's unfortunate that he won't be playing. Calvin Ridley is out for the Falcons, so I suppose things could be worse. I wouldn't be surprised to see a heavy dose of zone coverage and limited blitzes from Fangio. Ojemudia (and whoever else is given the task of Julio Jones) is going to have their work cut out for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X