X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

I see it differently, atlanta has a bad defense and lock did absolutely nothing until late in the 4th qtr after the game was out of reach and they went into prevent defense. Simply pathetic offense
    Their D is bad late in games but not early on. Even against very good teams. That's why they always lead by multiple scores.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Nice game by #10 today

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post

I agree with all of that except that I think Drew still has a chance to make it. I'm encouraged that he has thrown multiple TDs two games running, and in both had a chance on the final drive to win the game. We now know that we can score 25-30 points. That's a major plus in a league where the winning margin in most games is now at least that.

We need to be better early on. Our poor starts are giving us a mountain to climb every game. However, this is much beyter than where we were at the start of the season. There is some progress.
    I see it differently, atlanta has a bad defense and lock did absolutely nothing until late in the 4th qtr after the game was out of reach and they went into prevent defense. Simply pathetic offense

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post

I agree with all of that except that I think Drew still has a chance to make it. I'm encouraged that he has thrown multiple TDs two games running, and in both had a chance on the final drive to win the game. We now know that we can score 25-30 points. That's a major plus in a league where the winning margin in most games is now at least that.

We need to be better early on. Our poor starts are giving us a mountain to climb every game. However, this is much beyter than where we were at the start of the season. There is some progress.
    I can see how you can feel that we. But I see it differently. Again team play prevent def. He locks onto one wr. Sherm makes it easy for him as he should. Lock biggest issue is he doesn't "see" the field. I see this when he was in college and its the same in the NFL. The chargers and falcons have been blowing games ALL year long and having teams come back on them. If you using these games for your views go ahead. Me on the other hand see his progression very differently.

We have the raiders next week. We will see how he does. And that mia def is balling.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Drew lock needs this entire season he does "NOT" need to be benched unless he is hurt. Now I'm not a lock supporter but he has earned that right to play.

Now as for injuries its getting kinda old. People that has be lost for the season is gone. Yes we were missing players...hell the falcons was too. Both starting def ends, a cb, DT and ridley, can you imagine if Ryan had him.

At this point in the season EVER TEAM has injuries......let it go.

Lock has his ups and downs.... but teams have been up on us so much the fall into prevent defense then lock lights it up. He plays pretty bad for 3 qters. And we had played pretty bad def as well. We will see how he turns out.....most already know how I feel when he came out mizzu.

Leave a comment:

• Dotst
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

They were down players too, most notably Ridley.
    they have a veteran QB and julio jones with todd gurley. not a fair comparison. us losing bouye and callahan was WAY worse than them being without ridley

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Drew lock needs this entire season he does "NOT" need to be benched unless he is hurt. Now I'm not a lock supporter but he has earned that right to play.

Now as for injuries its getting kinda old. People that has be lost for the season is gone. Yes we were missing players...hell the falcons was too. Both starting def ends, a cb, DT and ridley, can you imagine if Ryan had him.

At this point in the season EVER TEAM has injuries......let it go.

Lock has his ups and downs.... but teams have been up on us so much the fall into prevent defense then lock lights it up. He plays pretty bad for 3 qters. And we had played pretty bad def as well. We will see how he turns out.....most already know how I feel when he came out mizzu.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post

It just seems like we gave Kyle Orton and Trevor Siemian more of a chance than Lock and those two sucked. It's just too much change in Denver and we need some consistency.
    True. It's examples like those that helped carve my opinion. They didn't pass the eye test to me either and I got tired of watching them jog out to make the same bad plays.

To your other point though, I've often wondered how Lock would look if Denver kept Scangarello. But that's pointless.

On to next week. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied

It just seems like we gave Kyle Orton and Trevor Siemian more of a chance than Lock and those two sucked. It's just too much change in Denver and we need some consistency.
    Drew Lock is better than both of those quarterbacks combined.
    He is our quarterback until we draft another quarterback that can beat him out.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by chessic View Post

Elway was bad his first season, too.
    So was JaMarcus Russell

Leave a comment:

• BR0NCOFANATIC
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

Let's agree to disagree on Lock. Obviously, you're a believer. I am not and think the team needs to move on. It's pointless to back-and-forth when neither of us will change the other's mind. I have no problem with your opinion and I have often said that I hope you're right. In five years, we'll both know who was correct. If Lock turns into a pro-bowler, I have no issue admitting I was wrong. Especially if he's still in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    Originally posted by chessic View Post

True. And ? So did peyton. So did fill-in-blank. There is always anecdotal examples.

My point is this: TO ME, Lock doesn't pass the eye test of a high level QB. Especially in context of the last five years. Not from examples 37 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    We have our coaching staff and we have a quarterback we just have to learn how to play better football.

Leave a comment:

• chessic
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

Not what I said. I said he made the team better and improved. He did. Lock continues making the same mistakes. And, I'm not convinced he wins more games than rypien would. BTW, are you happy with Drew's td/int ratio? You're reaching man.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied

I'm saying that to say Buffalo stilled sucked Allen's first year. He got better last year and this year is making a complete turn around. We can't really compare the two though because of Locks injuries and not being able to have an offseason with such a young team.
    Let's agree to disagree on Lock. Obviously, you're a believer. I am not and think the team needs to move on. It's pointless to back-and-forth when neither of us will change the other's mind. I have no problem with your opinion and I have often said that I hope you're right. In five years, we'll both know who was correct. If Lock turns into a pro-bowler, I have no issue admitting I was wrong. Especially if he's still in Denver.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X