Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread: 2020: Week 8 Broncos vs Falcons

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow....

    ...a second year and two rookie QB's who are excelling despite no real off-season.....

    ....yet Lock is still struggling.

    This isn't the NFL from Elway's rookie year. It's not even the NFL of Jamarcus Russell's rookie year.

    The NFL favors the offense. Lock is not passing the basic eye test. Yes, he has garbage at HC and OC, but you can tell if a QB has "it" just by how he makes players better and how he can make the most of what he has to work with. Drew isn't showing ANY of it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
      Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow....

      ...a second year and two rookie QB's who are excelling despite no real off-season.....

      ....yet Lock is still struggling.

      This isn't the NFL from Elway's rookie year. It's not even the NFL of Jamarcus Russell's rookie year.

      The NFL favors the offense. Lock is not passing the basic eye test. Yes, he has garbage at HC and OC, but you can tell if a QB has "it" just by how he makes players better and how he can make the most of what he has to work with. Drew isn't showing ANY of it.

      It may not be Elway's or J. Russell's NFL but we seem to be running an offense not of this era of NFL.

      Murray, Herbert & Burrow all have younger, modern philosophy thinking OCs, where as we have an OC still calling plays from the early 2000's.

      As much as our former OC from last season (Rich Scangarello) frustrated me last season by seemingly forgetting how to call plays after 1 quarter, I kind of wish we had stuck with him now. I was hoping he would've gotten with Kyle Shanahan during the off-season and picked his brain to get better at designing and calling plays for this modern-era of NFL offense rather than what Shurmur has been scheming up.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow....

        ...a second year and two rookie QB's who are excelling despite no real off-season.....

        ....yet Lock is still struggling.

        This isn't the NFL from Elway's rookie year. It's not even the NFL of Jamarcus Russell's rookie year.

        The NFL favors the offense. Lock is not passing the basic eye test. Yes, he has garbage at HC and OC, but you can tell if a QB has "it" just by how he makes players better and how he can make the most of what he has to work with. Drew isn't showing ANY of it.
        2 1st overall picks and a top 10 pick. 2 that have 2 wins and one that is on a winning team. One has AJ Green one has Kenan Allen and one has Hopkins and Fitzgerald.

        Versus a second round pick on the youngest offense in the league who had a week of no real practices because of covid. And to receiver is a rookie who has issues with drops. Constantly giving up on players and not letting them grow is a rain for turning into a bad team. We are young there will be growing pains and injuries can completely derail a team. Our do we just assume the 49ers are poorly coached and weren't recently in a superbowl.

        Next man up only works so far at a certain point you are playing a team of mainly back ups like our defense. Yes the Falcons had some injuries but they weren't in the level of ours and it showed. Rookie tasked with covering Julio Jones is a bad recipe. Heck veteran corners that is a bad time but losing his and no time to practice due to covid is going to negatively effect a young team that needs reps. A veteran lead team can probably work through it easier.

        Locks pick his dies a NT come up the middle untouched? I swear I saw multiple times or interior o line have complete miscommunication which leads to no run game and 3rd and long constantly which isn't a good place. But all 3 interior linemen are new to working with each other this year so once again they need reps. At times they are solid but when communication is breaking down it leaves the backfield in a tough situation.




        Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

        Comment


        • Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

          2 1st overall picks and a top 10 pick. 2 that have 2 wins and one that is on a winning team. One has AJ Green one has Kenan Allen and one has Hopkins and Fitzgerald.

          Versus a second round pick on the youngest offense in the league who had a week of no real practices because of covid. And to receiver is a rookie who has issues with drops. Constantly giving up on players and not letting them grow is a rain for turning into a bad team. We are young there will be growing pains and injuries can completely derail a team. Our do we just assume the 49ers are poorly coached and weren't recently in a superbowl.

          Next man up only works so far at a certain point you are playing a team of mainly back ups like our defense. Yes the Falcons had some injuries but they weren't in the level of ours and it showed. Rookie tasked with covering Julio Jones is a bad recipe. Heck veteran corners that is a bad time but losing his and no time to practice due to covid is going to negatively effect a young team that needs reps. A veteran lead team can probably work through it easier.

          Locks pick his dies a NT come up the middle untouched? I swear I saw multiple times or interior o line have complete miscommunication which leads to no run game and 3rd and long constantly which isn't a good place. But all 3 interior linemen are new to working with each other this year so once again they need reps. At times they are solid but when communication is breaking down it leaves the backfield in a tough situation.
          Well, you are in the NFL were you are drafter doesn't mark your success. Did you really say aj green? Look at his stats and get back to me. Larry fitz gets about 3 catches a game.

          Covid is a weak excuse ALL teams dealt with this. No teams had an offseason. Why do some throw that around like covid only affected the broncos.? Lock also had 5 NFL games, and last years preseason and offseason to go from in which Herbert, tua, Joe's didn't have.

          Umm the falcons was missing BOTH starting DE, dt, cb, rb and Ripley ummm sorry that is worse imo. Julio had 54 yards wr and one td. He was throwing to 4th and 5th string wrs.

          Denver def is also better than all of those teams def.
          In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

          Comment


          • Stayed off the boards today to preserve my sanity .

            A few takeaways from a game in which the injury bug was most evident in our lack of performance. Losing Bouye and Callahan allowed any ATL receiver with two working legs to have a field day. I'm still sour over cutting Bausby and this game showed exactly why Harris had played zero defensive snaps coming into today. Having Glasgow out really hurt our interior pass protection. Being down to our 4th RT is obviously going to make protection on the edge very suspect.

            I mean, just look at this.




















            Shurmur needs to call a better game-- not just to help Lock, but to help our whole team. The offense couldn't get into any kind of rhythm at all in the first half since we would go three-and-out and then what is essentially our 2nd-string defense would be on their back foot trying to stop the bleeding against an ATL offense that could march down the field at will. It doesn't help that we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties or bad sacks on early downs to put us in unenviable 3rd and long situations.

            All negativity aside, there were a few positives. First of all, Lock is an ace in the red-zone. He makes quick reads and decisions, while showing off his laser arm with pinpoint accuracy. If only we could get that version of him for the entire length of the field and the first three quarters. Another positive was Jerry Jeudy. This was that breakout game I was waiting for. He looked like a legitimate #1 option with superstar talent. As I watch several weapons emerge this year, I sometimes forget we have a Pro Bowl WR coming back next season. There were not a whole lot of positives from the defense today, unfortunately. McTelvin Agim finally saw some playing time and he definitely made the most of his ~5 snaps. It was nice to see Walker get a sack especially since he had two great plays called back last week. Bassey did not get routinely-cooked and made some nice, physical tackles. Simmons once again proved why he's the best center fielder in all of football and I am tired of seeing people saying that he doesn't deserve $15M/year just because he gives up a catch/TD in man coverage (he's not a cornerback).
            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

              Well, you are in the NFL were you are drafter doesn't mark your success. Did you really say aj green? Look at his stats and get back to me. Larry fitz gets about 3 catches a game.

              Covid is a weak excuse ALL teams dealt with this. No teams had an offseason. Why do some throw that around like covid only affected the broncos.? Lock also had 5 NFL games, and last years preseason and offseason to go from in which Herbert, tua, Joe's didn't have.

              Umm the falcons was missing BOTH starting DE, dt, cb, rb and Ripley ummm sorry that is worse imo. Julio had 54 yards wr and one td. He was throwing to 4th and 5th string wrs.

              Denver def is also better than all of those teams def.
              Let's see aj green has almost a many yards as our best threat so down play him you prove we have no weapons.

              Let's see did i post about offseason covid? No I didn't but hey you can continue to ignore reading too post whatever you want. If you read i posted about weekly and the lack of practicing during the week due to covid. But I guess you think every team isn't practicing during the week or you choose not to read.

              Denver is missing both DEs and NT starting OLB both starting corners, starting RT back up RT o and the back up back up RT went down and starting WR so I guess your theory makes sense to you, but makes no sense to me as Denver is stupidly banged up.

              Only thing that made sense in that post was lock having an extra year which is true and that's where draft value tends to come in. This drafted later tend to need more work than those drafted earlie. Drew Lock came out needing work that was never a secret and he has proven when he gets his footwork under control he is a good QB. Tends to play hero ball still and his foot work needs more work

              But like I said the offense is young needs time to grow that's the downside to lacking any veterans on offensive side of the ball.




              Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

              Comment


              • Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

                Let's see aj green has almost a many yards as our best threat so down play him you prove we have no weapons.

                Let's see did i post about offseason covid? No I didn't but hey you can continue to ignore reading too post whatever you want. If you read i posted about weekly and the lack of practicing during the week due to covid. But I guess you think every team isn't practicing during the week or you choose not to read.

                Denver is missing both DEs and NT starting OLB both starting corners, starting RT back up RT o and the back up back up RT went down and starting WR so I guess your theory makes sense to you, but makes no sense to me as Denver is stupidly banged up.

                Only thing that made sense in that post was lock having an extra year which is true and that's where draft value tends to come in. This drafted later tend to need more work than those drafted earlie. Drew Lock came out needing work that was never a secret and he has proven when he gets his footwork under control he is a good QB. Tends to play hero ball still and his foot work needs more work

                But like I said the offense is young needs time to grow that's the downside to lacking any veterans on offensive side of the ball.
                Again covid has affected all teams on way or another. Other teams throughout the nfl has not practice hell the titans almost didn't practice for two and came out and still won their game. Look at how many times Joe is throwing the ball a game up there. Green really only had 1 good game all team and I still think he has 0 Tds all year long. Tee Higgins "rookie" is the one balling for them.

                Bradley chubb played so umm ok. Von was out before the season even started. But hey. Im not gonna go back and forward you win. We will see how many more moral victories we will get this year.
                In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                  Again covid has affected all teams on way or another. Other teams throughout the nfl has not practice hell the titans almost didn't practice for two and came out and still won their game. Look at how many times Joe is throwing the ball a game up there. Green really only had 1 good game all team and I still think he has 0 Tds all year long. Tee Higgins "rookie" is the one balling for them.

                  Bradley chubb played so umm ok. Von was out before the season even started. But hey. Im not gonna go back and forward you win. We will see how many more moral victories we will get this year.
                  Sure and the patriots got beat by us with possibly the best coach in the league and they ended up without practices and it showed. But time in the passing game. Run game seemed to be all they had which would make sense why the titans tend to play well. Hand the ball to Henry seems to be a really good strategy that most likely doesn't take a while lot of reps to get timing down with.

                  That's nice Higgins is doing better than Juedy just makes the point that this other QBs have had better weapons which was the point you seemed to miss.

                  Last I checked Von still counted against the cap and you know the team you can build is limited by this cap so the fact he went down early doesn't eliminate that we don't have our top OLB. We can't go magically spend his salary on someone else.

                  Moral victories? What moral victories. I rather win but I've also accepted that the deck isn't stack in our favor. Not everything is black and white there is plenty of shades of grey. This team has plenty of things to work on to improve from o line to receivers to backs to QB and the defense really just needs to get healthy.




                  Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

                  Comment


                  • I don't watch college football but I heard during the broadcast one of the commentators state that Lock played behind a prostyle offensive line in college and wasn't use to pressure he's getting with this pour offensive line. Any truth to his offensive line being good in college?
                    Go Hard or Go Home

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                      I don't watch college football but I heard during the broadcast one of the commentators state that Lock played behind a prostyle offensive line in college and wasn't use to pressure he's getting with this pour offensive line. Any truth to his offensive line being good in college?
                      Lock played well vs bad teams and vs good teams in college he was bad. Kinda like he is now in the nfl. No big change.
                      In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X