X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2020: Week 11 Saints vs Broncos

Hi Broncomaniacs,

Did you hear the one about the team that didn't have a QB. So Driskel-Lock-Bortles-Rypien will not be playing tomorrow.
    Royse Freeman in line for your starting line up.... There is speculation WR Kendall Hinton may seem some time as well.
    Ay yi yi... you can't make this stuff up folks.
    This is the stuff they make comedy shows about. "If something happens to the four guys above me, I might get my big break!!"

Garrett Bolles meanwhile agrees to a 4 year extension worth 68 million. Making him the 5th highest paid tackle. Thats about 1 million dollars per hold in his NFL Career
    Jerry Jeudy still listed as questionable with an ankle injury. Ahh fun times indeed.

If you have Taysom Hill on a fantasy team he might be a good start. He is a playmaker, can make plays with his arm and his feet. He passed for over 200 yards last week and ran in for 2 scores. He won his first start last week. A fairly empty Mile High should not phase him on the road. Heck you may want the Saints D to start as well.

Whatever tomorrow brings, I can't find myself blaming Fangio for what occurs. Is there another team that this happens to? I would guess a run heavy
    offense tomorrow with Melvin "The Fumbler" Gordon. and Phillip "I'm underused" Lindsey. Maybe some wildcat formations. Nothing to lose but the game, and we're all kind of used to that this season anyways.

Last week we almost snatched defeat from the Jaws of victory again when we gave the Fins the ball and let them drive down the field with Fitzpatrick.
    We do these things more often then not. Must be the years of practice.

Still the D played great last week. We are still great against the pass. We sack TUA 6 times and had 8 hits on him. (That's 28/62 on the year) We managed to confuse him some, hopefully we can do some of the same this week. We are 2nd in Red Zone defense this year as well. The D is pretty impressive even without Von in there.

If we end up with a Run heavy game plan we will have our work carved out for us. Saints D is 2nd vs the run. So we will need running lanes open without the holding penalties.

In week 11 games we are 5-5 over the last decade. Of the 5 wins 3 came at home. OF the 5 losses 3 were on the road. So it's a coin flip.

I am just curious at this point tomorrow to see what we even do. If we lose, well we were set up to lose. If we win, how do the Saint's explain losing to a team using a fifth string emergency QB. That would say more about them , then us. I expect the D to play well, the offense to struggle. Special teams to be average. Saints will not ask to much of Hill, we just need to remember we need to contain him. We lose that he will torch us with his feet.

SO win or lose, I hope we have a healthy game. I hope our QBs come back ok for the Chiefs game. Hang in there Bronco Fans. This team is trying, they are giving giving good effort on a crazy type of season. Please follow the COC. Report anything bad to the mods and most off all take care of yourselves. Stay safe out there. Enjoy the game as much as you can. As always "Go Broncos!"
    Last edited by Elway; 11-28-2020, 09:18 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Go Broncos!

If the first play isn't a play action shot deep, that's a wasted opportunity. Saints gonna be ready for heavy run, I'm sure.

Good luck to Kendall Hinton. Rooting for the young man to start off his NFL career well.

Still hoping for a W, despite the circumstances. Gonna be rooting for the Broncos no matter what.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Thank you, Elway --

GO BRONCOS!!

Comment

Jeudy is friends with Lamar Jackson so by the transitive property Jeudy will be a decent QB lol

Comment

Go Broncos!!

What a crazy game this is going to be. I hope we come out injury free.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Jeudy is friends with Lamar Jackson so by the transitive property Jeudy will be a decent QB lol
            It's 2020. If Nate Robinson can box on PPV, Jerry Jeudy can definitely play quarterback for the Denver Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

It's 2020. If Nate Robinson can box on PPV, Jerry Jeudy can definitely play quarterback for the Denver Broncos.
              Was Robinson boxing? I thought he was taking a nap.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Was Robinson boxing? I thought he was taking a nap.
                I was honestly waiting for Charlie Zelenoff to walk out at some point...

Anyways. Nice set up this week, Elway. This game reminds me of the Tebow days. Hopefully we get some of that Tebow magic from 2011. Go Broncos.

Comment

Thanks, Elway!

This should be a very interesting game.

Go Broncos!!
                  Administrator
                  sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I was honestly waiting for Charlie Zelenoff to walk out at some point...

Anyways. Nice set up this week, Elway. This game reminds me of the Tebow days. Hopefully we get some of that Tebow magic from 2011. Go Broncos.

Charlie Z getting a mention in a game day thread; these truly are the end of times.

Comment

will we make it midfield today this game could get really ugly.....the defense will get plenty of reps today

Comment

BLAM! BLAM!

CIRCUMVENT THE SAINTS!
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

What a damn JOKE!!!

Since it was 'our' fault, the NFL should've just forced us to forfeit this clown-show-to-be.

Allowing this farce of a 'game' to be played is beyond embarrassing.

Comment

Read the NFL dismissed Broncos postponement request. What a joke. Wish the Broncos could refuse to play. No point in playing this game, It’s a loss. We have a QB who hasn’t played in years, in a system he has never played with players he has never thrown to, against the top rushing defense geared to stop the run when that’s all we can do?

Lame.

Hope we land a powerful owner who will one day stick it to this ridiculous league.
                            Last edited by BroncoSynapses; 11-29-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Well this should be interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X