Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll never comprehend why you don't give McManus a shot at a record with 1 second left... oh well.

75 total passing yards in that game, both teams combined. Anyone know when the last time that happened was?

Comment

• Originally posted by flosstein View Post

Their defense would’ve still played very well and limited Drew Lock. They would’ve run the ball effectively and still punished us. Problem would’ve still been the inept play calling.
      They would have but we probably would’ve moved the ball better and the defense wouldn’t have been as tired.

Comment

• I’m honestly not upset with Hinton at all. I applaud him for being thrown into the fire with no help from coaching. I blame this one on Shurmur. He set this kid up to fail.

I understand the situation is less than admirable for a coach, but this is the big boy league and as a coach you should realize the hand your dealt and make adjustments accordingly. I expected more designed runs for Hinton, and pass plays to get the ball out quick.

I saw no designed runs for Hinton, an extremely predictable offense (again), and Hinton being asked to drop back or rollout and make reads. Even before McMoney’s FG, Shurmur elected to run some sort of reverse with Hamler that only lost yards on THIRD down.

The time as a play caller has long exceeded Shurmur. The game evolves every year, and you need a play caller who is going to be innovative and creative. Not predictable, boring, and downright bad.

I hope Hinton sticks around on the team for a while, because I appreciate his versatility.
        2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
          Cheer up everyone. There's always next week....now let's see what that game is....
          What a competitive, marquee match-up for SNF! Hoping they flex schedule this one.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by MajorFriend View Post
            I'll never comprehend why you don't give McManus a shot at a record with 1 second left... oh well.

75 total passing yards in that game, both teams combined. Anyone know when the last time that happened was?
            I honestly don't know...but I do wonder how we gave away so many yards on the ground when Hill barely completed a pass. They knew we were going to run, but we also knew that they were going to run.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                I wonder if the team can do anything?
                Administrator
                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Glad this fiasco is over. League office screwed the Broncos!

Pissed that these all time records on offensive futility will stand.

Team played hard under impossible conditions.

Curious if there has been “any” comment from Elway? Anything to back his players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Lowered them to communicate? Hmm...that may have
                    been the issue.

Comment

• Nice to see Hinton getting some love. And Warner is one of the greats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Without an owner, I'm not sure.

Comment

• Pat had under 4 hours to teach Hinton some plays....this is not on coaching....AT ALL
                          GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

• Knowing Covid-19 struck the Broncos and disabled any viable quarterback...there was a great opportunity to let the team have some fun and go with trick plays...even made up during the game! Shurmur knew the offensive line is mostly offensive but yet...he called multiple plays up-the-middle..as if he was throwing in the towel beginning 1st quarter! The coaching staff, starting with Fangio never considered a Plan B or C...giving Hinton any preparation in the event what happened today might occur. Can you imagine Fangio or Shurmur leading an army against a real enemy as commanding officers as they are with the Broncos? No doubt they'd have the entire company command and/or battalion equipped with white flags and bayonets....knowing before the battle began...they'd surrender to the enemy!

Comment

• So glad I did not watch this Train Wreck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Philip Jay View Post
                                Knowing Covid-19 struck the Broncos and disabled any viable quarterback...there was a great opportunity to let the team have some fun and go with trick plays...even made up during the game! Shurmur knew the offensive line is mostly offensive but yet...he called multiple plays up-the-middle..as if he was throwing in the towel beginning 1st quarter! The coaching staff, starting with Fangio never considered a Plan B or C...giving Hinton any preparation in the event what happened today might occur. Can you imagine Fangio or Shurmur leading an army against a real enemy as commanding officers as they are with the Broncos? No doubt they'd have the entire company command and/or battalion equipped with white flags and bayonets....knowing before the battle began...they'd surrender to the enemy!
                                I think the main objective was to make sure you didn't get any injuries. Running a bunch of trick plays with a bunch of guys that probably haven't practiced them much, if at all, would be a recipe for major disaster.

Why would you waste valuable practice time giving a practice squad receiver QB reps? Especially when you have 4 QBs on your depth chart. You don't make contingency plans for impossible situations. Does it suck when the Broncos are bad? Yes. Does that mean we should be blaming the coaches for a situation no team would be prepared for? No.
                                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                                X