Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fifty-six years of watching pro football, that is without a doubt the stupidest, most idiotic, inane, pointless, unnecessary, pathetic excuse of a pile of a game totally manipulated and engineered by the NFL and foisted on the viewing public. That monstrosity is totally on Roger Goodell & Co. The Denver Broncos are not the favorites in the league office like some other teams. Why they were punished so harshly and unfairly is open to speculation. Good for the Broncos for playing hard under impossible circumstances and showing good sportsmanship. That reflects well on their HC.

The NFL told the Broncos, "Hey, we'd tie your hands behind your back, but we just cut off your arms."

Too bad Lamar Hunt called off Al Davis in the Sixties when he was in the process of destroying the NFL. It is sliding in the direction of pro wrestling where a predetermined outcome is manipulated at the league level. Lamar should have let Al finish what he started. Bad on the Saints for showing zero sportsmanship. What would one reasonably expect from a head coach who was suspended for a season?
    Last edited by samparnell; 11-29-2020, 05:31 PM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

I think the main objective was to make sure you didn't get any injuries. Running a bunch of trick plays with a bunch of guys that probably haven't practiced them much, if at all, would be a recipe for major disaster.

Why would you waste valuable practice time giving a practice squad receiver QB reps? Especially when you have 4 QBs on your depth chart. You don't make contingency plans for impossible situations. Does it suck when the Broncos are bad? Yes. Does that mean we should be blaming the coaches for a situation no team would be prepared for? No.
      Phillip Lindsay left the game with a knee injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        In fifty-six years of watching pro football, that is without a doubt the stupidest, most idiotic, inane, pointless, unnecessary, pathetic excuse of a pile of a game totally manipulated and engineered by the NFL and foisted on the viewing public. That monstrosity is totally on Roger Goodell & Co. The Denver Broncos are not the favorites in the league office like some other teams. Why they were punished so harshly and unfairly is open to speculation. Good for the Broncos for playing hard under impossible circumstances and showing good sportsmanship. That reflects well on their HC.

The NFL told the Broncos, "Hey, we'd tie your hands behind your back, but we just cut off your arms."

Too bad Lamar Hunt called off Al Davis in the Sixties when he was in the process of destroying the NFL. It is sliding in the direction of pro wrestling where a predetermined outcome is manipulated at the league level. Lamar should have let Al finish what he started. Bad on the Saints for showing zero sportsmanship. What would one reasonably expect from a head coach who was suspended for a season?

Comment

In fifty-six years of watching pro football, that is without a doubt the stupidest, most idiotic, inane, pointless, unnecessary, pathetic excuse of a pile of a game totally manipulated and engineered by the NFL and foisted on the viewing public. That monstrosity is totally on Roger Goodell & Co. The Denver Broncos are not the favorites in the league office like some other teams. Why they were punished so harshly and unfairly is open to speculation. Good for the Broncos for playing hard under impossible circumstances and showing good sportsmanship. That reflects well on their HC.

This post should be sent to the NFL.

This game was the most ridiculous football game I’ve ever watched. Watching the Saints dance around and scream like they were winning the Super Bowl was disgusting. Lost what little respect I had for that team.

Comment

• Glad I didn't watch this game. 1 completed pass?

Comment

Post of the day I think......

Comment

• Game has long been over and I'm still pissed off......

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
                  Game has long been over and I'm still pissed off......
                  Yeah, usually by now I’ve forgotten about a loss, but this was no loss. What the NFL did was disgraceful, all over stupid masks. We watched players beat their wives/girlfriends on camera, admit to beating their kids, but never has the NFL come anywhere close to punishing a team like they did to the Broncos, all because of stupid masks.

The NFL is losing control of this, outbreaks are happening on every team, they’re panicking and disgustingly tried to make an example of the Broncos, rather than admit they’ve poorly handled this from the start.

Look at Twitter, 90% of NFL fans agree this game should’ve never been played. But, the NFL seems dead set on destroying their own product.
                  Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 11-30-2020, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• Not a Kiszla fan at all but he nailed it with this one:

Kiszla: Shame on NFL for rubbing COVID hypocrisy in face of Broncos, making them play without QB in ridiculous loss

Quarterback Drew Lock is knucklehead for putting the Broncos in no-win situation. But the real clown is commissioner Roger Goodell, for making farce of NFL game.

By Mark Kiszla | [email protected] | The Denver Post
                    November 29, 2020 at 8:24 p.m.

It was a clown show that covered the NFL from head to toe in shame.

Too stubborn to forfeit and too proud to beg, Denver got the league’s hypocrisy rubbed in its face. The Broncos were forced to take the field Sunday without a professional quarterback and lost 31-3 to New Orleans in a game that should never have been played if Commissioner Roger Goodell gave a hoot about integrity.

“Maybe the league [was] just making an example of us,” said Broncos safety Kareem Jackson, feeling the punitive pain for teammates running afoul of COVID protocols.

This was a harsh reminder. Not 18 months after the death of longtime franchise owner Pat Bowlen, the Broncos don’t get any respect from the NFL.

They are now Donkeys, designated losers allowed the indignity of having New Orleans quarterback Taysom Hill throw a bucket of confetti on their sorry arses, like some old Harlem Globetrotters routine.

“It’s our guys’ fault for not wearing their masks. But, at the least, maybe move the game to the next day, or whenever, just so we’re given a fighting chance,” Jackson said. “Obviously disappointing. I’m not sure why it wasn’t moved. I have no clue.”

Can you imagine the league doing this to Mr. B, forcing Denver to play when it would’ve taken a miracle to score a touchdown? Goodell wouldn’t dare. He doesn’t have the guts.

OK, Denver quarterback Drew Lock is a knucklehead. Getting busted for violation of pandemic safety protocols at a time the league has zero tolerance for playing fast and loose with mask rules is another mindless adolescent move that makes me wonder if Lock will grow up before the Broncos give up on him.

“For our quarterbacks to put us in this position was disappointing,” coach Vic Fangio said.

He pointed a finger of blame at a Tuesday meeting among Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles with Jeff Driskel, who tested positive for the virus and wiped out the entire QB room when everybody did not adhere to proper safety measures.

“An honest mistake, but one I will own … I fully understand why these safety precautions are so important. Doing the right thing for a majority of the time is not good enough,” Lock wrote in a letter of apology to Broncos Country, right before being sent straight to bed without his supper.

For those of you keeping score at home, Uncle Vic threw his quarterbacks under the bus. As much as Lock can frustrate me, I cannot dump all the blame on him.

Why? The hypocrisy of the NFL is simply too much to bear.

If Lock’s name were Lamar Jackson or Cam Newton, this game would never have been played on Sunday. It would have been delayed 24 or 48 hours to give Denver a fighting chance.

Tell me I’m wrong.

This wasn’t a football game. It was a farce disguised as penance. Why make Denver take the field with a less than zero chance to win? How did the NFL think that was possibly good for its brand?

“I’m going to pass on a comment right now. Wouldn’t be wise,” said Broncos president Joe Ellis, replying by text message shortly after the playoff-bound Saints got a gimme at Denver’s expense.

Why leave the Broncos no choice except wideout Kendall Hinton as the most-experienced QB on the roster, despite the fact he had never practiced at the position with Denver, much less appeared in a game?

“I would not say this is how I planned it out in my dreams, but it usually doesn’t work out how you want it,” Hinton said.

A month ago, an athlete that made a switch from QB to receiver at Wake Forest to chase the NFL dream had gone into sales, thinking it was time to put childish things away and become a responsible, wage-earning adult. After being elevated from the practice squad and given barely 24 hours to cram for this test, Hinton predictably completed one of nine passes and threw two interceptions. But as an emergency QB, he should be awarded a medal for displaying poise and grace in a no-win situation.

This game was a sham none of us will be able to unsee. Sitting in the press box of Empower Field at Mile High, I didn’t know whether to laugh at the absurdity or spit in disgust. It would have made more sense for Goodell to convene a breakfast club of coronavirus delinquents and force Lock to stand in the corner and write 100 times on the chalkboard:

I will rassle in the grass with fellow competitors on NFL Sundays in the name of the almighty dollar, but promise to sleep and brush my teeth while wearing a mask the other six days of the week.

Yes, responsible adults should know better than be so casual in following best COVID practices as Lock was when Denver counted on him to lead by example.

Mayor Michael Hancock, your thoughts?

Amid all the weirdness and tragedy of 2020, the year has reminded us who the real heroes are, from ICU nurses to elementary school teachers to the good folks keeping our grocery-store shelves stocked with toilet paper.

Then there’s Goodell, grubbing for every last dime of television revenue, even if it means playing a game in an empty stadium with a predetermined outcome:

Sad and unloved Broncos, being led to the glue factory.

from: https://www.denverpost.com/2020/11/2...d-nfl-week-12/

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Thanks for posting this, L.M. . You're right. He nailed it.
                      Administrator
                      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Yeah, usually by now I’ve forgotten about a loss, but this was no loss. What the NFL did was disgraceful, all over stupid masks. We watched players beat their wives/girlfriends on camera, admit to beating their kids, but never has the NFL come anywhere close to punishing a team like they did to the Broncos, all because of stupid masks.

The NFL is losing control of this, outbreaks are happening on every team, they’re panicking and disgustingly tried to make an example of the Broncos, rather than admit they’ve poorly handled this from the start.

Look at Twitter, 90% of NFL fans agree this game should’ve never been played. But, the NFL seems dead set on destroying their own product.
                        And yet all the talking heads on the 4 letter networks are backing the Goodell’s decision. We’ve seen videos of disturbing/violent acts committed by players when the NFL punishes a player but why can’t we see the video where the QBs broke whatever rule? And this probably isn’t a video TMZ or whoever will go out of their way to release because it isn’t shocking compared to those other videos. The NFL knows this will be forgotten in a few weeks by everyone but Bronco fans. Playing this game was completely absurd.

The worst part in all of this is that the NFLPA didn’t step in and fight the decision despite this being the best time for them to bring up how they never came to a conclusion on whether players get paid for a forfeit or not. They could’ve had the game postponed just to iron that issue out. Instead they rolled over and put players in harms way because Goodell wants to keep his bottom dollar

Comment

• Weasels like Adam Shefter, who as of yesterday morning, was raving about how well the NFL has handled COVID. These idiots are paid goons, akin to the North Korea media, paid to boost up the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                            Weasels like Adam Shefter, who as of yesterday morning, was raving about how well the NFL has handled COVID. These idiots are paid goons, akin to the North Korea media, paid to boost up the NFL.
                            Oh, dear!

Comment

• To add salt to injury they moved the Baltimore-Steelers game to Wednesday....
                              GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X