This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2020: Week 16 Raiders vs Broncos

Welcome Broncomaniacs, to our final game of the 2020 Season.

Before we start, a R.I.P. to Floyd Little, a 5 time pro-bowler and one of the first great Broncos.

A thank you to those who come here week after week. After the last five seasons. Attrition is taking its toll. So we appreciate all those who take time to come here.

So here we are again a 5th season where we under perform and miss the playoffs.... again. Is it the QB, The Coach, Management, Ownership or Whatever? I don't care at this point. I just want it to change. We are a 5 win team hoping to be a 6 win team at best. Some how we did worse? Lock who won 4 of his last 5 last year. Has won 4 all year long. As a team we have one of the last 8 games we played. Vic Fangio is 12-19 as our head coach. Not great when it will take him 2+ season to get to as many wins as Andy Reid has this year. Heck the Steelers, Bill & Packers may have more winds this season alone then he will in his first two. We will see what happens on Black Monday.

The Faiders in Faider fashion got beat in the most improbable yet Faider like way. A no look deep desperate pass by Fitzpatrick with a penalty to set up a long field goal for the win.
    The kick that booted them out of the playoffs and back to the realm of mediocrity.

The game this week means nothing in regards to the playoffs. It is a pride game. We know our team has fight, hopefully going against a division rival they show some.
    Of course fight doesn't = wins. Lock is a fighter. More Ints than TDs and 80 game with a passer rating under 80. Doesn't show him to be a winner. So the QB question remains going into next season. The merry go round has to stop at some point.

Carr has had a great year 25 Td 7 Ints. He has been passing well as of late, except when the Broncos held him to under 160 yards, no TDs , and managed to still lose the game. He main target Waller only had 37 yards that game. We were killed by the run game Josh Jacobs had over 100 yards and 2 Tds. It in only the 2nd time this year he hit 100 yards in a game.

Denver has the 27th offense and the 19 defense so not sure which side of the ball you want to depend on. Last time Denver scored 12 points vs the Faiders, so may not want to put the eggs in that Basket.

How do we do in the final game of the season. Over the last decade we are 6-4. Of the 6 wins five came at home. (Good sign) Of the 4 losses. Um.. All came at home as well.
    So not all good after all.

Let's hope they play with heart, with fire and pride. One last time for our regular season please follow the COC. There are not many of us, but it only takes one to start messing it up.
    Report any violations you see. Try to enjoy the game if you can. If we can't be in the post season we can always root against those teams we hate who are in it. May go into my post season coma for a bit, but I hope everyone has a great new year. Continue to stay Healthy and for the last time this season but as Always GO BRONCOS!!!
    Last edited by Elway; 01-03-2021, 02:55 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Thank you, Elway --

GO BRONCOS!!

R.I.P. Floyd Little

Comment

End the season on a high note, I dont know if there is such a thing when a team isn’t in the playoffs but go Broncos in a sense where they make smart and necessary changes during the off-season.

I couldn’t care less about today’s game against the raiders. They’re not exciting to watch anymore!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Elway! Always appreciate you!

Go Broncos!!!
        Administrator
        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
          Welcome Broncomaniacs, to our final game of the 2019 Season.
          It's as if the 2020 season never happened at all. I'm cool with that .

Comment

Thank you Elway, the effort you put forth is much appreciated, especially in these tough years.

I'd like to think things can only get better

Give 'em hell!!! Gooooooooooooo Broncos!!!
            [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
              Thank you Elway, the effort you put forth is much appreciated, especially in these tough years.

I'd like to think things can only get better

Give 'em hell!!! Gooooooooooooo Broncos!!!
              yah i agree but sadly finishing .500 next year would be an improvement and if he keeps Lock there better be/needs a lot of improvement from him

Comment

BLAM! BLAM!

SINK THE RAIDERS!
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
                  A thank you to those who come here week after week. After the last five seasons. Attrition is taking its toll. So we appreciate all those who take time to come here.
                  Thanks, Elway, what you do is appreciated and it's probably hard to write these things up for such a troubled team. Hopefully the trainwreck will repair and get back on track toward making the playoffs next year. Hope springs eternal!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

MHR posted a broadcast map which showed a tiny coverage area for this game but that has since been amended to include most of NM (where I live) –thankfully!

Broncos/Faiders in yellow (most of the nation getting a game with playoff implications –Cards/Rams in red):

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

i also hope that JJ can catch few a today to end the season a good note that way unlike last week

Comment

Hoping the Broncos win, simply because it's the Raiders. And, a better draft position likely won't matter to Elway, since I expect him to go after a vet QB during the off-season. This could be Elway's last gasp as GM, and I doubt he is thinking strategically (he was never really any good at that anyway). Also, I don't think this staff is good at developing players, so they need a vet to step in that's good enough to call the shots intelligently. Not sure who that guy is. I will crack up if the team goes after Darnold. That's like trading one developmental problem for another.
                        Doesn't matter how good Lock plays this game to change my opinion the team needs to seek a good QB. I'd prefer they would try to draft a top QB, but, again, I doubt that will happen. Lock's only incrementally better than he was late last season. He's definitely not "turned the corner". So, it's all on him to keep his job and become a solid NFL QB.

Go Broncos...I guess....

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                          i also hope that JJ can catch few a today to end the season a good note that way unlike last week
                          He hasn't tweeted since, so hopefully he's been catching a lot of balls in his spare time. Hopefully the Broncos win and he has a good game today because it'd be unfortunate for him to go into the offseason with last week's performance still lingering in his memory.

Comment

It’s always nice for the Broncos to beat the Faiders, but will not be all bad if they do not! Go Broncos!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Sorry but I hope we lose. Just like last week. Don't care if it's the Raiders.

We aren't making the playoffs. Again, for the fifth year in a row.... pathetic.

I want as high a draft pick as possible. We need it.

I want Elway, Fangio, Lock and the organization under as much fire as possible, seeing as how we'll have to put up with this garbage next year.

At least this wasted season is over after today. Thanks for nothing, Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                              X