This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2021: Week 1 Broncos vs Giants

Welcome back Bronco Fans! I'm glad to be here for my 18th year on the board. Been a lot of down years recently, but we take the good with the bad.
    Recently celebrated my 10 Year wedding anniversary with my Wife whom I met here and we are still raising 3 little Bronco Fans. So we are SUPER excited to start another season and see what happens this year. Thank you Mods for allowing me to continue to do this. Appreciate you all.

The Start of a new 17 game schedule and Teddy B taking the reigns. It appears like we improved on Defense as well. So I want to see how we do when the games count.
    Vic Fangio is coming off of 6-10 & 7-9 Seasons. I don't want a one game improvement to 8-9. I want us to be a contender. I think we have the players for that.

To me it is a little weird that we are playing the Giants this 20th anniversary of 9-11. I remember watching the night game they played on 9/10/2001 Where we played the Giants and
    McCaffrey broke his legs. We won that game 20 years ago but it still seems a little surreal. I also remember the Giants ended our 13 game win streak during our Super Bowl 33 run.
    We last played them in 2017 and suffered a loss at home.
    If you don't know Denver has a .676 win percentage in season openers since 1970. That is the highest in the last 50 years.
    It would be nice if Vic adds to that as he is 0-2 in openers.

WE have a great WR crew and hopefully they stay healthy. Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler. An amazing trio. Fant had moments of Beastmode last year. So if I had a question area I guess it would be if the running back will stack up this year. Freeman in gone. So we have Gordon and Williams to tote the rock. I think Teddy will make smart plays, we know he is mobile. Lock as a backup isn't the worse thing as he has had 2 years in Vics system so he would be ready to go if needed. Hopefully it never comes to that.

Along with Suttons return is Von Miller. We missed Von last year. He is older, but still a force out there. With Darby, Surtain, Simmons, Harris and crew out there, this may be our best defense line up there since 2015. Waiting to see if Chubb is a go tomorrow, we haven't had to many games with both Chubb & Miller rushing the QB. I think they could give Jones a rough day if they are both good to go.

Jones still hasn't rounded into the form the Giants had hoped he would. They will most likely rely upon the return of Saquon Barkley. That man has moves. Coming off of injury we will see how much. The Giants don't get enough credit for their D out there. They were ranked 11th last year overall and they had the 4th leading tackler last year in Blake Martinez.

So in recent history how do we start off our season? Well we are 7-3 over the last 10 years. Other than Fangio, the last opening game we lost was 2011 under Fox in a home loss to the Raiders.
    Of the 7 wins, all were at home. Of the three losses two were art home, one on the road. So before this year we opened at home 9 out of 10 years. Last road game we won to open the season was 2009 vs the Bengals under McDaniels. How time flies.

SO its a new season, some new players, new excitement. Same up and downs to follow. We ask that as every season you follow the COC and be mindful of what you post. If you see others violating the COC report them, don't engage them or feed the trolls. The board has a great group of long standing mods who help keep this place running. I hope you get to see the game. I hope we do well and end up with the "W" Be safe out there, and as always Go Broncos!!!

The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Go Broncos!

Very good matchup starting off the year. No games are easy in the NFL but some games are easier than others. Good game to get some confidence built up with. Daniel Jones is turnover prone and our D looks hungry to get some takeaways this year. Expecting a nice win to start off the season 1-0.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I know Broncos football is truly back when I see Elway post the Game Day thread . Awesome write-up and I am just grateful to be a part of this tradition for what will be my 10th season on these boards.

One more night, BCMB. It’s almost time to see what this team is made of after a whirlwind of an offseason, acquiring a new GM, QB, and some key veterans on defense.

Comment

Go broncos!
        I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
        I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
        I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
        "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
        God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
        Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Good to see you, Elway! Great write up!

Go Broncos!
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Oh boy, how good it is to see Elway's gameday threads again. Always a seasonal delight!

Congrats on the 10 year anniversary

Very excited for tonight's game!

GO BRONCOS!
            Last edited by Jaws; 09-12-2021, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Thank you, Elway! Congrats to you and your wife on 10 years! Always enjoy your game day write ups!

Will never forget the game my all-time favorite receiver broke his leg. I cried a little. No one will ever forget the day that followed.

I think we have one of best teams we have had in many years. Would love to kick off the season with a win! Would love to see a winning season this year!

sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
              Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                Thank you, Elway! Congrats to you and your wife on 10 years! Always enjoy your game day write ups!

Will never forget the game my all-time favorite receiver broke his leg. I cried a little. No one will ever forget the day that followed.

I think we have one of best teams we have had in many years. Would love to kick off the season with a win! Would love to see a winning season this year!
                I agree.
                More excited about the team this season than I have been in a while.

Comment

Hopefully we make the playoffs and if we don't at least we're getting Aaron Rodgers next year. Teddy definitely has great pocket awareness but quick out routes are a pick 6 waiting to happen since he can't deliver the ball outside on short to medium out routes fast enough.

Comment

I am waiting for it Sam

Comment

What a day....the start of another season for The Broncos!!

Go Broncos!! Show 'em what a fabulous team you are. Time for the experts to revise their rankings.

Comment

May we have a long and prosperous season.

Comment

DIMINISH THE GIANTS!
                          BLAM! BLAM!

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Bradley Chubb is looking like a game time decision on whether he'll play or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                              May we have a long and prosperous season.
                              Yes please!

Comment

Working...
                              X