X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    The interior offensive line is a pretty big concern after the first two games. Granted, Glasgow sat out— but even Risner and Cushenberry didn’t look great.

When it comes to Teddy, performing this well against NYG and JAX is the best case scenario. What if he struggled? People will complain, rightfully so. Yet, when he goes out there and does an excellent job— people still find a way to lament, citing the quality of our opponents.

I’m glad you have the analytic ability to decipher where the imperfections lie, and it’s also something that the players and coaches have to understand if they want to improve.
    It’s somewhat concerning that we haven’t ran very efficiently but part of that is coming out in 2/3 TE sets and seeing a loaded box. Another part is that defenses aren’t always respecting Teddy’s arm. Also the Giants have a solid dline and the Jags did hold the Texans to a rather inefficient rushing day yardage aside so they may be better than they’re getting credit for. But the playaction has been very good so defenses are keying in on the run and the line for the most part has been pretty good in pass protection.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    Originally posted by sra84 View Post
    It is possible for fans to both be happy about the win and still think this team isn't as good as the better teams in the league until they prove it. And given the last five years of what we've seen from the Broncos, that's more than fair.

Just because we win doesn't mean everything is perfect. This team has a lot to improve upon.

We are enjoying the win for what it is....a win against a bad Jacksonville team.

The interior offensive line is a pretty big concern after the first two games. Granted, Glasgow sat out— but even Risner and Cushenberry didn’t look great.

When it comes to Teddy, performing this well against NYG and JAX is the best case scenario. What if he struggled? People will complain, rightfully so. Yet, when he goes out there and does an excellent job— people still find a way to lament, citing the quality of our opponents.

I’m glad you have the analytic ability to decipher where the imperfections lie, and it’s also something that the players and coaches have to understand if they want to improve.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    It is possible for fans to both be happy about the win and still think this team isn't as good as the better teams in the league until they prove it. And given the last five years of what we've seen from the Broncos, that's more than fair.

Just because we win doesn't mean everything is perfect. This team has a lot to improve upon.

We are enjoying the win for what it is....a win against a bad Jacksonville team.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Here's a bit of weirdness; the Broncos and the Raiders are the only teams without a loss in the entire AFC as of week two.

Leave a comment:

• welderhead
    replied
    Great game Broncos!!

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Am in my fifty-eighth year of being a fan of the Denver Broncos football club. Haven't missed many games because I have lived in the Mountain Time Zone, and that includes exhibition/preseason. Can honestly say I love to watch the Denver Broncos play football games ... no matter what. That is all. C ya.

Leave a comment:

• colowoz01
    replied
    We enjoyed the game as it was entertaining. The team is syncing just fine. Next week we get to see the Jets Live and in person. We will rock the place, and win another. Injuries aside I think our first round pick was burned early on , but showed us that he will be a pro of pros. Go Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Other than the obvious injuries impacting the team, I'm most concerned with our inability to run the ball. Guys are getting open in the passing game regularly so it makes me think that the two D's we've faced were keying on the run quite a bit. It's been fine because our QB has been able to take advantage but I don't know how long he can keep up what has been a pretty high level of play. He has played better than I thought he would and I find myself waiting for the bubble to burst. Maybe it won't. Maybe this is who he is. That would be nice. But I do still want to be able to run the ball.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    Teddy has been good so far.

We've won two games we should have.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    Broncos are dealing with some injuries to key players.

The offensive line has been shaky.

We haven't had a consistent pass rush.

We've only scored 10 points in the first half of​​​​ each of our first two games.

It's not negative to point these things out....

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    LOL. Some of you aren’t happy unless your miserable.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    TB is doing a nice job, I hope it can continue!!!!

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Narco View Post
    The Broncos have beaten the teams they're supposed to beat, which happen to be 2 of the worse in the league. I know a lot of you are excited and believe this is the year, you should really wait until they get past the woeful Jets and start playing potential playoff teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Browns, not to mention other teams in the AFC West, which is looking like the strongest division in the league. So far the defense has had it easy and the offense has been able to make mistakes without fear of being in a shootout. Teddy's dinking and dunking and overthrown/underthrown bombs aren't going to be enough against teams that can put points up.
    Have you seen those teams play? They haven’t looked like world beaters

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Thread cleaned.

Any questions, please PM me.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

My post was sarcasm about how some on this forum need to talk themselves into being disappointed. They let what may happen dictate how they feel about what actually happened. We won our first two games, yet they not only project future losses on the present, they expect others to do the same.

While our O hasn't put up a lot of points it has been DOMINANT in time of possession and has put up long drive after long drive. While this may change in the future, the fact is our TOP has been very impressive so far and ball control will keep you in a lot of games.
    I get your sentiment. To compare, I remember when Spencer Turnbull threw a no hitter, a number of Tigers fans discredited him bc it was against the Mariners, other fan also discredited him for the same reason. Meanwhile the Mariners are wild card contenders and a no hitter is a no hitter no matter who you played against.

Fans need to just take wins unless there was something insanely bad happening and we barely escaped with a W.
    TB had a 125 QBR with almost 330yrds and 2 TDs, with only 8 incompletions.
    Shurmur called a good game.
    There really isn't anything to complain about other than it sucking that players got hurt.

Fans be wanting to see players have 6 TDs 500yrds against bad teams. Don't need to do anything unnecessary. Just win.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X