X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2021: Week 4 Ravens vs Broncos

Welcome to week 4 Bronco fans.

I am going to sat something I have said in 5 years. Our Broncos are 3-0 Some of us don't believe it. Some say look at the teams we have played.
    Others say we beat the team we should have. I agree. We didn't make this schedule. Not our fault the competition is 0-9. We played them we won.
    We not saying we are superbowl contenders or anything just yet, but it is nice to have 3 wins to start the season. Now the question is can we sustain or winning ways as the competition gets harder.

You have the cellar dweller chiefs. The 2-1 Dolts and the 3-0 Faiders in our division. All playing fairly well. To go where we want to go we need to beat the Ravens and get another "W" on the board. Ravens almost won vs the Faiders. Went to OT. They beat the Cheifs in KC and then last week after struggling vs the Lions all game, they send Tucker out for a 66 yard field goal which he makes to win the game. Unbelievable.

Ravens are a tough out. Decent defense, Dynamic QB. Decent Run Game especially when Jackson takes off with the ball. He has 251 rush yards and two rushing touchdowns through three weeks. Ravens have even activated Le'Veon Bell from the practice squad.

We had the preseason, we had 3 live games against struggling teams. This will be a real test. One where I don't think 9 points in the 2nd half like last week will cut it. Our Run D will be tested and our offense will need to make some plays. Ravens have the # 1 rushing team, but are 20th in passing. That doesn't mean they can't pass, they just choose when they will.
    Denver has the # 2 Defense. Our offense is ranked 16th, 14th in the pass, 10th for rushing. Denver has not allowed a 50 yard rusher this season, we will be sorely tested this time around.
    Both Lamar & Teddy pass for 8.7 yards per attempt. Jackson has 3 TDs this tear to Teddys 4.

The Ravens (-3) are 1 of 3 teams with a negative point diff and a .500+ record this season (GB, TEN). SImply put they will play you close.

In recent history game 4 has not been too hard on us. We are a decent 7-3 over the last 10 seasons. Of the 7 wins, 5 were at home, 2 were on the road. Of the 3 losses 2 were at home nd 1 was on the road. So we have went 5-2 at home in week 4 games. Not too shabby.

Denver can win this, but in order to do this, we need to stay healthy. The injury bug has hit us often and hard. I'm hoping we make it of of this tough dogfight without too much collateral damage. We have been able to still win, but you can only do that for so long

Again we are home with the home crowd advantage. 3-0 is sweet, 4-0 sweeter. Lets hope we are more creative on offense this week. Would love to go 4-0. As always we ask that as every season you follow the COC and be mindful of what you post. If you see others violating the COC report them, don't engage them or feed the trolls. The board has a great group of long standing mods who help keep this place running. I hope you get to see the game. Hope we leave the field healthy. I hope we do well and end up with the "W" Be safe out there, and as always Go Broncos!!!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

4 and 0!!!!!

Comment

i see this game going 1 of 2 ways they either run us off the field 200+ yds or it wil be a close one at the end

Comment

I get the game! Only good thing about having the Ravens as a local team.

Thanks, Elway! Hi to Birdie and the family!

Go Broncos!!
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Broncos to bring their A game today, no injuries please and a win!
          Thanks for the thread Elway.
          Have fun everyone!
          GO BRONCOS!

Comment

If we win the sports media will say we are a legit team. If we lose, the sports media will repeat the narrative that we are nothing but frauds who have beaten losing teams. I want us to beat this team so badly to shut everyone up.

Lets go Broncos.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Thanks, Elway! It's been a fun season so far, had forgotten what it was like to have a winning team!

Let's go 4-0!

Go Broncos!!
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
              Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

4-0... Broncos win convincingly!

Broncos 24 Ratbirds 13

David Moore gets his first TD as a Bronco.

[sigpic

Comment

Go Broncos!

Not super confident heading into this one. Losing Jeudy and Hamler is a big blow to the offense. But if the defense shows up today, should be a tight, competitive ball game. If Teddy continues to play mistake-free football, we definitely have a chance. Would love to see us improve to 4-0, yet wouldn't be surprised if we're 3-1 by end of the day. Nevertheless, let's go stomp the Ravens!
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Probably obvious that the key today will be stopping the Raven's run game. The Broncos are one of six teams that have not given up a run of 20+ yards, they have given up only 1 rush TD according to the NFL.com's stats. That must've been a QB. The longest run they have given up is 13 yards which is the 2nd lowest to the Panther's 12 yard run. Broncos have given up 7, 1st downs via the run, that is the lowest. They are 2nd in rush defense.
                    The Ravens are 1st in runs of 20+ yards (7), they have no runs of 40+ yards. The next highest is 3 runs 20+ yards by several teams. The Giants have the most 40+ yard runs - just 2. Lamar Jackson is 4th in rush yards, their top RB is 22nd in rushing (Ty'son Williams). Lamar is 20th in passing yards.

Stop the run, especially Lamar Jackson and the Broncos should win ... don't give up long run plays.

I think this will be a close game that the Broncos win at home!! 24-19

sigpic

Comment

#DB4L !! Go Denver Broncos !!

Comment

I don't really know what to expect but I'm hoping the Broncos show their moxie and grind out a win with no body count and more TDs than FGs. GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                          Probably obvious that the key today will be stopping the Raven's run game. The Broncos are one of six teams that have not given up a run of 20+ yards, they have given up only 1 rush TD according to the NFL.com's stats. That must've been a QB. The longest run they have given up is 13 yards which is the 2nd lowest to the Panther's 12 yard run. Broncos have given up 7, 1st downs via the run, that is the lowest. They are 2nd in rush defense.
                          The Ravens are 1st in runs of 20+ yards (7), they have no runs of 40+ yards. The next highest is 3 runs 20+ yards by several teams. The Giants have the most 40+ yard runs - just 2. Lamar Jackson is 4th in rush yards, their top RB is 22nd in rushing (Ty'son Williams). Lamar is 20th in passing yards.

Stop the run, especially Lamar Jackson and the Broncos should win ... don't give up long run plays.

I think this will be a close game that the Broncos win at home!! 24-19

and if we dont slow down their run game it will be very ugly up on the scoreboard

Comment

GO BRONCOS!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                              they have given up only 1 rush TD according to the NFL.com's stats. That must've been a QB.
                              I believe it was Daniel Jones' garbage time TD in the Giants game.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                              X