Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread: 2021: Week 4 Ravens vs Broncos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Narco View Post

    How many games has Teddy been out in his career?
    Yes exactly. One of the reasons Teddy is not a legit franchise qb is because he can not stay healthy. A qb is not a franchise QB when they miss half of the games for their career...like Lock.

    Well not as close to half now if we count the 4 games this year where he has only played 2 qtrs and scored zero points.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

    Comment


    • Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      Lock missed a guy wide open running down sideline bc he rushed a throw. He’s too scared in the pocket and isn’t a leader.

      start him rest of year so we get a hi pick
      I never understood the suck for a high draft pick logic. Create a losing culture and a place that FAs are hesitant to sign with.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Zanataki View Post

        Why do you never address the Coaching gripes I have and always deflect? Lock has talent and when he get familiar with a good scheme he can change plays and hot routes at the line. He did it for one of his first few TDs with Sutton.

        Having a good arm helps you fit the ball in tight coverage. All he needs is a great scheme and he will flourish.
        You have no proof to back up what youre saying. Youre praying at this point.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Senses Fail View Post

          I never understood the suck for a high draft pick logic. Create a losing culture and a place that FAs are hesitant to sign with.
          I don't agree with it but it's probably because most the franchise qbs were drafted top 10. A few like dak and Wilson were later but that's mostly luck. Even the team drafting them passed on the 2-3 times.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

            There is a chance better coaching can turn him around. I would not waste a young QB on Shurmur tho.

            I do not think Lock processes the game like a QB in his third year should. That could change with better teaching I suppose. Those kind of stories have happened but they are super rare.
            3rd year.....

            2019...started last 5 games of the season as a rookie
            2020...started 13 games without a training camp or the leading WR on the team (Sutton) and with a new offensive coach and system
            2021...played the 2nd half a game

            Comment


            • Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
              Probably obvious that the key today will be stopping the Raven's run game. The Broncos are one of six teams that have not given up a run of 20+ yards, they have given up only 1 rush TD according to the NFL.com's stats. That must've been a QB. The longest run they have given up is 13 yards which is the 2nd lowest to the Panther's 12 yard run. Broncos have given up 7, 1st downs via the run, that is the lowest. They are 2nd in rush defense.
              The Ravens are 1st in runs of 20+ yards (7), they have no runs of 40+ yards. The next highest is 3 runs 20+ yards by several teams. The Giants have the most 40+ yard runs - just 2. Lamar Jackson is 4th in rush yards, their top RB is 22nd in rushing (Ty'son Williams). Lamar is 20th in passing yards.

              Stop the run, especially Lamar Jackson and the Broncos should win ... don't give up long run plays.

              I think this will be a close game that the Broncos win at home!! 24-19


              Well the Broncos did "contain" the Ravens running game. Held them to less than 100yds. The offense was offensive though and unfortunately the Broncos do not look like they are a playoff team right now. Injuries are killing them, the OL was not good and the defense wasn't good enough. At this point it is just one game but it doesn't look very good going forward right now. Hopefully they can put things together in Pittsburgh next week. Really disappointing!

              Maybe they didn't hold them to under 100yds rushing, the stat on TV showed they did ??

              Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 10-03-2021, 06:03 PM.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Justblaze2729

                So basically you're just praying he can become something with zero proof to back it up. Got it . Because all young QBs develop. No man some just suck and aren't starters in the NFL.
                That’s better than the alternative. Do you really want to have to go into the offseason looking for yet another QB?

                I don’t. I want to find out if Lock can be the answer. I’m not gonna give up on him just because he had a rocky sophomore campaign. He was statistically identical to Carson Wentz last year and Wentz is still starting. Lock deserves one legitimate shot in Denver before we can say for certain, “he isn’t the guy.”
                Eternal Broncos Optimist

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post

                  You have no proof to back up what youre saying. Youre praying at this point.
                  So you didn't him coming back against the Chargers late? Or him starting 4-1 as a rook? Come on, you were probably calling for Manning to be benched in 2015.
                  Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

                  Comment


                  • We are well far from being in the running for a top QB pick. 3-1, and I’m sure there will be at least3 or 4 more wins. Might as well play competitive and hope we get Rodgers
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

                      I don't agree with it but it's probably because most the franchise qbs were drafted top 10. A few like dak and Wilson were later but that's mostly luck. Even the team drafting them passed on the 2-3 times.
                      I’m pretty optimistic, but this team is horrible at developing QBs they drafted. lol

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

                        Well the Broncos did "contain" the Ravens running game. Held them to less than 105yds. The offense was offensive though and unfortunately the Broncos do not look like they are a playoff team right now. Injuries are killing them, the OL was not good and the defense wasn't good enough. At this point it is just one game but it doesn't look very good going forward right now. Hopefully they can put things together in Pittsburgh next week. Really disappointing!

                        Fixed that for you

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

                          That’s better than the alternative. Do you really want to have to go into the offseason looking for yet another QB?

                          I don’t. I want to find out if Lock can be the answer. I’m not gonna give up on him just because he had a rocky sophomore campaign. He was statistically identical to Carson Wentz last year and Wentz is still starting. Lock deserves one legitimate shot in Denver before we can say for certain, “he isn’t the guy.”
                          What doess a legitimate shot look like to you ? Run down the 100 things you'd need to finally admit lock got a chance.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post

                            Lock couldn't even go through progressions, and missed wide open guys.

                            Dude, he blew it. He crapped the bed.
                            What did the 7 year veteran QB who got all the reps in practice do? He must have been lighting it up on the 28th ranked pass defense.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by kev5ifty6 View Post

                              Fixed that for you
                              I just edited it But the TV did have them under 100... oh well, a pathetic day all around.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                                We are well far from being in the running for a top QB pick. 3-1, and I’m sure there will be at least3 or 4 more wins. Might as well play competitive and hope we get Rodgers
                                So you want another young QB to come into this horrid coaching extravaganza and when he goes 20tds and 30 ints youll want to try and get another rook?
                                Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X