Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we arguing about the QBs when they were the furthest thing from the problem today? Teddy wasn't playing well and then Lock was predictably worse considering he had zero reps during the week.

Shurmur has been solid during these first 3 weeks but there has to be a point where he has to realize that dialing up a deep ball on 3rd and medium/short is not efficient for our offense. Munchak needs to get this OL straightened out because they put together an embarrassing performance both inside and out. Fangio should have realized halfway through the game that Lamar wasn't going to be running it every other play and reverted back to a more "standard" scheme. The run action was kicking our team's behind.
    https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanataki View Post

So you want another young QB to come into this horrid coaching extravaganza and when he goes 20tds and 30 ints youll want to try and get another rook?
      Are you going to actually read my comment? I’d rather have Rodgers because there’s no chance of a rookie being drafted. And I love how you think Lock is going to fix everything wrong with this team.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

That’s better than the alternative. Do you really want to have to go into the offseason looking for yet another QB?

I don’t. I want to find out if Lock can be the answer. I’m not gonna give up on him just because he had a rocky sophomore campaign. He was statistically identical to Carson Wentz last year and Wentz is still starting. Lock deserves one legitimate shot in Denver before we can say for certain, “he isn’t the guy.”
        2nd year QB's without a training camp, not having the best WR on the team due to injury, and having a new coaching staff and playbook should be able to put up Brady stats no problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post

Are you going to actually read my comment? I’d rather have Rodgers because there’s no chance of a rookie being drafted. And I love how you think Lock is going to fix everything wrong with this team.
          Again I have said this every single time, IT'S THE COACHING STAFF! Not the players. Lock has talent, and he actively when to Manning for help. Give lock a good coach and he will flourish.

Shurmur sucks and Fangio Sucks. And this is all on them, they know their jobs are on the line. Again this is all on the coaching staff no one else.
          Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post

What doess a legitimate shot look like to you ? Run down the 100 things you'd need to finally admit lock got a chance.
            2 years starting in the same offense would be good enough for me to see if he has what it takes. That's not asking for a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanataki View Post

Again I have said this every single time, IT'S THE COACHING STAFF! Not the players. Lock has talent, and he actively when to Manning for help. Give lock a good coach and he will flourish.

Shurmur sucks and Fangio Sucks. And this is all on them, they know their jobs are on the line. Again this is all on the coaching staff no one else.
              No matter the Coaching staff if lock doesnt improve you will blame it on them. It such an easy argument because you'll never be wrong.

Comment

What doess a legitimate shot look like to you ? Run down the 100 things you'd need to finally admit lock got a chance.
                A season where he knows the offense after getting a full offseason in it and having at least one starting receiver healthy that isn’t a rookie like Jeudy and Hamler were last year. And having a RT that isn’t trying to get him killed on every drop back like Wilkinson did last year.

Last year was a fluke. Not even close to legitimate, any young QB would have struggled given Lock’s circumstances. Let him get a team that’s not a mess. Let him get a team like he had his rookie year. Let him get a real chance.
                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Lets start with more than 17 freakin games

a consistant and vibrant OC who can actually call games exploiting whatever weakness they identify, then adjust as the game goes

healthy team?

OC willing to highlight and focus on using two huge, fast tightends more then we have been

oc willing to develop game plan based on a QB best attributes?
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by Narco View Post

2 years starting in the same offense would be good enough for me to see if he has what it takes. That's not asking for a lot.
                    So broncos have to hire a new coach and you need 2 years after that's? I'll pass. I hope that's not the plan. A new coaching staff will not want lock .they will want to pick their guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

A season where he knows the offense after getting a full offseason in it and having at least one starting receiver healthy that isn’t a rookie like Jeudy and Hamler were last year. And having a RT that isn’t trying to get him killed on every drop back like Wilkinson did last year.

Last year was a fluke. Not even close to legitimate, any young QB would have struggled given Lock’s circumstances. Let him get a team that’s not a mess. Let him get a team like he had his rookie year. Let him get a real chance.
                      So you need everything perfect for Lock to succeed 😆😆 yeah I'll pass if everything needs to be perfect for Lock to be average.

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

Lets start with more than 17 freakin games

a consistant and vibrant OC who can actually call games exploiting whatever weakness they identify, then adjust as the game goes

healthy team?

OC willing to highlight and focus on using two huge, fast tightends more then we have been

oc willing to develop game plan based on a QB best attributes?
                        So you need a perfect scenario around Lock just to see if he is the guy . I'll pass. NEXT.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

Maybe they didn't hold them to under 100yds rushing, the stat on TV showed they did ??

The Broncos had the Ravens under 100 yards rushing with something like 5 or 6 seconds on the clock and possession of the ball. Then Lock threw an End Zone interception, giving the Ravens the ball back with 3 seconds on the clock. Using those 3 seconds the Ravens rushed for enough yards to go over 100.
                          Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

• Originally posted by Narco

Like when people were riding that Teddy train when they were beating the 3 worse teams in the league, and now that they lose, they blame Lock. Let's face it, the team is a dumpster fire and some people, like me, were hestitant to call them a playoff team WEEKS AGO.
                            Teddy at least could run an offense that could find the endzone. Lock can’t roll into a game looking lost, and only get yards when the game is gone, and then throw an interception to boot. There are plenty of things to blame, but this whole “Lock is never given a chance” excuse is so, so old. It’s been used since our. 0-3 from last year. Next week if he blows it again, what’s the excuse?
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

So you need everything perfect for Lock to succeed 😆😆 yeah I'll pass if everything needs to be perfect for Lock to be average.
                              The Broncos were far from perfect his rookie year and he was well above average. Average QBs don’t go 4-1 with teams that finish the year below .500. That’s the QB I believe Lock can be given circumstances better than he was given last year. Circumstances that only guys like Brady or Mahomes could overcome.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

The Broncos had the Ravens under 100 yards rushing with something like 5 or 6 seconds on the clock and possession of the ball. Then Lock threw an End Zone interception, giving the Ravens the ball back with 3 seconds on the clock. Using those 3 seconds the Ravens rushed for enough yards to go over 100.
                                OK, I quit watching at that point. Onto the Steelers!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X